Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Getting access to commands with Split()

AuthorMessageTime
GoSu_KaOs
I need some help wit this. I'm trying to add usernames with access 0-100. I can't figure out how to even start this. The current access system I'm using right now is this:

[code]'Say
If Left((LCase(message)), 5) = (Loadtrigger & "say ") Then
    For X = 1 To Form15.MasterList.ListItems.Count
        If LCase(Form15.MasterList.ListItems.Item(X).Text) = LCase(Username) Then
            AddChat (Mid(message, 6, Len(message) - 1))
        End If
    Next X
End If[/code]

As you can see, this meathod sucks. I want to get access from users using the split meathod. (Like stealthbot does) Since I just found out about the split meathod about a month ago, I dono how to make it twork the way I want it to.

This is the split meathod I used with another part of my bot.

[code]
Dim Splt() As String
Splt() = Split(userlist.FindItem(txtUser2.Text).Text, ":")

txtUser.Text = Splt(0)
txtPass.Text = Splt(1)[/code]

I need to make it so when the user types " .say asdf", the bot will check the access (0-100)and if it's 50 or higher, activate the command. 

How can I do this?
December 18, 2004, 2:14 AM
Quarantine
Well I have no idea how your databasing works so im going to wing it.

[code]
   Dim UsrCmd() as String 'Array to store messages
     UsrCmd = Split(Message,Space(1)) ' Store our Split Message in the Array

Select Case LCase(UsrCmd(0)) 'First word in Message in lowercase
        Case Trigger & "say" 'UsrCmd(0) would contain the first group of letters which would be your trigger and "say"
           If DBGetAccess(Username) => 20 Then 'Access is greater or equal to 20
             Call Queue.AddMessage(Mid(Message,Len(UsrCmd(0))+1) 'Send to BNET
           End If
       Case Else 'The Command isn't say
  End Select
[/code]

Wrote this code right in the reply box, doubt there is errors though. Logicly for more commands you would add more cases but that should get you started
December 18, 2004, 2:54 AM
GoSu_KaOs
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=9938.msg92752#msg92752 date=1103338483]
Well I have no idea how your databasing works so im going to wing it.[/quote]

The commadn checks the listbox in a different form for the username. If the username is in the listbox, the command activates. I was goin to make the access system wit Master, Op, Mod, Guest. But I would have to rewrite all the commands 3x more ( 1 set of commands for each type of user). So I said fuck that.

Back to topic:

Whats DBGetAccess. Where is the command getting the access numbers from(Textfile, textbox..) thats another problem I need to figure out.
December 18, 2004, 3:11 AM
Quarantine
DBGetAccess is my function which reads my Database array.
December 18, 2004, 4:02 AM
GoSu_KaOs
Thats what I need. I dont know how to make the command get the username and access from somewhere else. Help?
December 18, 2004, 4:14 AM
Quarantine
Alright sure

[code]
'Using Arrays with Structs is =)

Public UserDB() As UDB

Public Type UDB

Username As String 'Username stored

Access As Integer 'Access stored

End Type

Public Sub DBAddUser(ByVal User As String, ByVal Access As Integer)
    ReDim Preserve UserDB(UBound(UserDB) + 1) 'Resize the Array for the new User
      'Now we are going to use the highest Index in the Array
      'Since we are using an Array with a struct for organization, we can do this nice and neat
      'Reason for using highest index in Array: Since we resized the array its only logical that we use the highest index
        UserDB(UBound(UserDB)).Username = User 'Set the Username
        UserDB(UBound(UserDB)).Access = Access 'Set the Access
            'Maybe call somesort of SaveFunction here to save to a file =)
End Sub

Public Function DBGetAccess(ByVal User As String) As String 'Return a integer
    Dim i As Integer 'Declare our Integer
        'A Function to get the User's index would be easier in the longrun so might want to think about writing one
          'Here we begin to loop LBound() being the lowest index in an Array to UBound() being the highest
          'So that would loop through the Entire Array Incrementing our Variable 'i'
          'Since UserDB is an Array using UserDB(i) would return the current Index it is searching good for comparing
            For i = LBound(UserDB) To UBound(UserDB)
                If LCase(User) = LCase(UserDB(i).Username) Then 'The Username requested was found
                    DBGetAccess = UserDB(i).Access 'Return the Access
                        Exit Sub 'We are all done =)
                End If
            Next i 'Since it wasnt found continue looping
                Exit Function 'We are done and nothing was found =|
End Function

Public Function ClearDB()
    ReDim UserDB(0)
End Function

'Note: I only gave a few key Functions as examples you would need to write the code to read/write to the text file
'I hope this helped =)
[/code]

Edit: Added Clear function which must be called on Form_Load perferebly
December 18, 2004, 5:05 AM
GoSu_KaOs
In the DBGetAccess, where it sais," 'A Function to get the User's index would be easier in the longrun so might want to think about writing one", is it telling you to write a code taht gets the usernames from a text file or...? Not sure I understand that sentence.  Kinda confused about where the code is gettin the usernames form.
December 18, 2004, 5:54 AM
Quarantine
Its a sepearate function to do the loop and return thier index from the array so you wouldnt have to rewrite a loop every time. Its pretty straight forward.
December 18, 2004, 3:33 PM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=GoSu_KaOs link=topic=9938.msg92778#msg92778 date=1103349269]
In the DBGetAccess, where it sais," 'A Function to get the User's index would be easier in the longrun so might want to think about writing one", is it telling you to write a code taht gets the usernames from a text file or...? Not sure I understand that sentence.  Kinda confused about where the code is gettin the usernames form.
[/quote]

Could you plz read the code and make an effort to understand? Thanks.

[quote]
'Note: I only gave a few key Functions as examples you would need to write the code to read/write to the text file
[/quote]
December 19, 2004, 4:46 PM

Search