Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Warcraft III & Diablo II Errors

AuthorMessageTime
Mephisto
For some reason all of the sudden whenever I load Warcraft III or Diablo II the game loads, but when I switch to it to play on it it automatically minimizes.  So basically when I click on the game in the task bar it just reminimizes disallowing me from playing.  :(
December 16, 2004, 11:51 PM
UserLoser.
Seems like something isn't allowing fullscreen applications to be ran?  Can you run Diablo II in window mode (append "-w" to the end of command-line on Game.exe)?  Do you have Netmeeting running (afaik, this doesn't allow fullscreen apps to actually take up the whole screen)?
December 17, 2004, 4:49 AM
Mephisto
Well, before I tried your solutions I did a reboot (after troubleshooting a few other things which didn't work), and it fixed the problems.  I have to wonder if it'll happen again though.  :p
December 17, 2004, 5:00 AM
Mephisto
Blah, it's doing it again; running Diablo II in windowed mode works fine, but not in full screen (and I don't think WAR3 support windowed mode).  Any ideas?
December 17, 2004, 10:20 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Warcraft 3 does support window mode. I think u need to create a shortcut and add -window at the end. I think. It can be done as i use do doit.
December 17, 2004, 10:26 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Meh link=topic=9930.msg92714#msg92714 date=1103322417]
Warcraft 3 does support window mode. I think u need to create a shortcut and add -window at the end. I think. It can be done as i use do doit.
[/quote]

Right, but applications do not need to have a shortcut to supply additional commandl line arguments
December 17, 2004, 11:37 PM
Mephisto
Well it runs in windowed mode as well; interestingly enough running WAR3 with opengl allows it to work, but once I minimize it won't let me go back to it, I'd have to re-run the exe, but running in DirectX mode doesn't work at all.
December 18, 2004, 12:23 AM
tA-Kane
That, my friend, could be a graphics card problem.

My mom has a GeForce 4 MX 440 PCI. It rocked until suddenly, no DirectX games worked. Then one day, I noticed Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was still working and found out that it uses OpenGL.

I contacted the manufacturer of the card, being that I had been trying to resolve the issue for weeks (this is three to four years ago). They said it's a card fault, and that I should send it back to them under the warranty... but, the warranty had just expired and I had no money to replace the card with, so I was totally screwed.

I still wonder if putting a new graphics card in her system would resolve the issue.
December 18, 2004, 7:29 AM

Search