Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | A poll for bot developers

AuthorMessageTime
Yoni
April 8, 2003, 5:27 PM
iago
I don't use vb anymore :-)

Well, occasionally, but I try to avoid it.
April 8, 2003, 6:02 PM
Zakath
I've never learned VB. 8)
April 8, 2003, 7:36 PM
Spht
[quote author=Zakath link=board=17;threadid=989;start=0#msg7326 date=1049830598]
I've never learned VB. 8)
[/quote]

Shouldn't that 8) be a :(??
April 8, 2003, 10:40 PM
Zakath
No. ;D
April 8, 2003, 10:53 PM
iago
I would have to agree with zak there.
April 8, 2003, 11:35 PM
St0rm.iD
vb is fucking gay.
[/intelligence]
April 9, 2003, 12:20 AM
Grok
What does VB have to do with CSB?

CSB is a COM component and can be used from any COM-enabled host.
April 9, 2003, 11:43 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=Grok link=board=17;threadid=989;start=0#msg7388 date=1049888592]

[/quote]

You answered you own question. But in case you happened to miss the answer, it's "...COM-enabled host [including VB]."
April 9, 2003, 12:11 PM
Yoni
[quote author=Grok link=board=17;threadid=989;start=0#msg7388 date=1049888592]

[/quote]CSB is designed so that anyone who's smart enough to use it as a COM server outside of VB is definitely not going to use it.
April 9, 2003, 12:30 PM
zorm
I use csb(index) which isn't a poll option :'(
April 10, 2003, 1:09 AM
St0rm.iD
why would you use csb?

note to cuphead: subseven csb.
April 10, 2003, 2:35 AM
zorm
cause I made most of it, so why not use it?
April 10, 2003, 3:15 AM
Zakath
*notes the complete lack of recognition zorm has received for his work on CSB*
April 10, 2003, 5:08 AM
St0rm.iD
oops. sorry.
April 10, 2003, 7:29 PM
PiaNKA
I used CSB like twice, honestly it's a great control, but it shows lack of skill, if you can't write a basic bot just to log on B.NET, that's pretty sad. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not crapping on CSB or anything... but it takes away the fun from bot development...
April 11, 2003, 5:04 PM
Skywing
[quote author=PiaNKA link=board=17;threadid=989;start=15#msg7566 date=1050080683]
I used CSB like twice, honestly it's a great control, but it shows lack of skill, if you can't write a basic bot just to log on B.NET, that's pretty sad. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not crapping on CSB or anything... but it takes away the fun from bot development...
[/quote]Since you're referring to CSB, I'm assuming that you're talking about binary bots.

Might I point out that you're (probably) using vast quantities of other people's code to "do the hard parts", even if you're not using CSB? I could be wrong on this, but I'd guess that you didn't write your own CheckRevision, CD-key decoding, CD-key hashing, or logon hashing implementations (just translating somebody else's from C to VB or such doesn't count - somebody had to do it the hard way the first time around).

It takes a fair amount of skill with assembly and reverse engineering to "write a basic bot just to log on B.NET" if you're actually doing things yourself.

Something to think about before you bash people for "taking the easy way out".
April 11, 2003, 6:44 PM
CupHead
The reason CSB was created was to create a reusable component that would ease bot development. I didn't particularly want to keep pasting code into new projects or defining classes, so Zorm and I (because we're both horribly lazy) wrote something to make it easy. Drag and drop bot. CSB has afforded the bot development community something it never had before, a way for completely new programmers to dive right in and create something. Fundamentally, the connections to battle.net are going to be the same. The "fun" in bot development is creating new features and making it interesting for the users of your bot, not rewriting the connection code over and over. Although, Pianka, for you, fun seems to be spreading various virii and trojans through your files, so why complatin about how people develop their bots? ;)
April 12, 2003, 6:01 PM
Dayclone
i should learn VB lol....
April 13, 2003, 2:29 AM
Nova1313
"CSB has afforded the bot development community something it never had before, a way for completely new programmers to dive right in and create something. "

kbin.ocx anyone?
April 13, 2003, 5:55 PM
K
Well, kbin didn't actually parse the packets for you and raise friendly events...But it doesn't matter; I don't yearn for my name in lights or anything.
April 14, 2003, 4:35 PM
WinSocks
CBS and BNLS made bot programming easier yes, and thus creating those controls/services allowed a new race of newbie "bot programmers" emerge, half of the binary bots out there are altered Dr.Bot's or ethBots or just bots using those controls or services, i find it takes the enjoyment of making a program that someone else codes...... and just altering it to your own likings.

Very Disapointing....
April 14, 2003, 4:43 PM

Search