Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | UPD Winsock for SCGS

AuthorMessageTime
Ringo
Hi, i was wundering if anyone could give me a little infomation on UPD winsocks and how to get it receveing and sending to a SC game server.

"Run time error '10047';"
Address family is not supported
Is all i can get from it :(

I noticed UserLoser say in a differnt post, that you dont connect to UDP or somthing, can anyone tell me more about this please?

Thanks in advance.
December 12, 2004, 3:33 PM
The-FooL
The UDP protocol does not involve connecting somewhere.  You just send data to an address.
December 12, 2004, 7:05 PM
LoRd
Click
Click
December 12, 2004, 8:01 PM
St0rm.iD
argh there is no "scgs"
December 12, 2004, 10:51 PM
Yegg
Since we're on the topic of UDP and I don;t think I should start a new topic, which type of connection would be better to use, UDP or TCP?
December 12, 2004, 11:28 PM
St0rm.iD
For what?
December 13, 2004, 1:10 AM
Ringo
Hmm, i have learned alot more about the UPD protocol today.

But i am having a little trubble sending data via my UPD winsock because im not sure how to get the correct address :(

[code]
Dim MyIP As String, Doaway() As String
MyIP = Inet1.OpenURL("http://pchelplive.com/ip.php")
RemoteUPD.text = MyIP

then

tagetIP = RemoteUPD.text
    Doaway = Split(TargetIP, " ")

RemoteUPD.text = Doaway(0)

[/code]
now i am useing RemoteUPD.text as my hostaddress and 6112 as hostport, but i know this is not the right/best way to obtain the right IP i am after. :'(

As i am coding this project on a networked computer, i noticed i am going about this wrong.

Does anyone have any idea how i can obtain my battle net IP address from my main TCP winsock just after sending/receveing 0x50 to use as a send address for my UPD winsock?

[VB]Anything will be of great help, thanks.
December 13, 2004, 2:20 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=9875.msg92136#msg92136 date=1102904428]
Hmm, i have learned alot more about the UPD protocol today.

But i am having a little trubble sending data via my UPD winsock because im not sure how to get the correct address :(

[code]
Dim MyIP As String, Doaway() As String
MyIP = Inet1.OpenURL("http://pchelplive.com/ip.php")
RemoteUPD.text = MyIP

then

tagetIP = RemoteUPD.text
    Doaway = Split(TargetIP, " ")

RemoteUPD.text = Doaway(0)

[/code]
now i am useing RemoteUPD.text as my hostaddress and 6112 as hostport, but i know this is not the right/best way to obtain the right IP i am after. :'(

As i am coding this project on a networked computer, i noticed i am going about this wrong.

Does anyone have any idea how i can obtain my battle net IP address from my main TCP winsock just after sending/receveing 0x50 to use as a send address for my UPD winsock?

[VB]Anything will be of great help, thanks.
[/quote]

It's UDP.  And there's no connections (like stated many times in the past day or so).

Assuming you're using mswinsck.ocx, to get the IPv4 address of the remote host, try: socket.RemoteHostIP
December 13, 2004, 4:46 AM
Ringo
ye, i understand that bit, but the main problem im having atm is understanding what address is used to do this.
When ever i packet log this, my SC game sends/receves from my ISP address @ port 6112, but when i send data to that via a UPD winsock and packet log it, its sending it to the address: 0.0.0.0.

Any ideas?

**Edit**
63.241.83.13:6112 > 192.168.0.135:4562    Recv 
FF 07 0A 00 02 00 00 00 00 00
(Passed 0x07)

0.0.0.0:4564 > :0   SendTo 
0000  09 00 00 00

I know i am only sending a blank UPD packet on logon but first i am trying to get the send to address right ;(

An example of how it should be:

63.241.83.13:6112 > 192.168.0.135:4562    Recv 
192.168.0.135:6112> :0   SendTo 

This is the sort of thing iv been trying (In VB6):

[code]
WsUPD.RemoteHost = WsTCP.RemoteHostIP
WsUPD.RemotePort = "6112"
PacketUPD &H9
[/code]

Iv tryed:
WsUPD.RemoteHost = WsTCP.LocalIP

WsUPD.RemoteHost = WsTCP

WsUPD.RemoteHost = WsTCP.Remotehost

WsUPD.RemoteHost = my ISP address gotten from a php web address.

And many many other combos, but it will only seem to send to 0.0.0.0 and wrong port, rather than the port and IP i definded.

Please note: Im not trying to "connect" to my UPD winsock in anyway, i am purely having send address problems.

Or am i? any help would be great, thanks!
December 13, 2004, 11:08 AM
Soul Taker
UDP.  D before P!  And, try binding the socket to a port first.  I honestly forget if you have to bind a UDP socket to just send a packet or not, but it's worth trying and I'm too lazy to look it up for you :P
December 13, 2004, 3:31 PM
Adron
Depending on how you packet log it, it may be perfectly OK if it says it is seeing packets *from* 0.0.0.0.
December 13, 2004, 6:33 PM

Search