Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Debate Stuff

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
Does anybody here do policy debate? With me being a novice I don't have much evidence and all the debate sites want to trade for everything. So, does anybody have any AFF cases or NEG counterplans/das/etc? I'm looking mainly for UN Rapid Deployment/Rapid Reaction force AFF evidence and maybe some negative stuff since last tournament I just argued that stuff was already there that was sufficient. Though, if anybody has any, any good cards/other evidence is good. Thanks.
December 11, 2004, 3:49 AM
peofeoknight
I am about to enter the second semester in my debate class. We are doing a policy debate right now about about minors ages 13 - 17 being tried as adults. We have not talked about what you are doing at all. But our next debate will be a fun one, was the war in Iraq neccessary/justified, sort of should it have happened. I am definitely going to have to be on the negative (it was justified) side of that one, I think my partner and I will destroy all contenders. We are undefeated and we are experts about this issue when compared to the mental midgets in this debate class.
December 11, 2004, 11:45 PM
hismajesty
So you don't go to tournaments and stuff? I notice you're 18, are you in highschool or college? My topic is the highschool policy debate topic, if you're in college you'd have a different one.
December 11, 2004, 11:55 PM
peofeoknight
Im in high school. I am not on the debate team, I just have debate as a class. I decided to take it because I needed a performing arts, or something,  credit so I picked debate. Infact debate and english were th eonlythings from keeping me from having all of my credits. When I think about it I could have just dropped out of my high school then gone to the community college for those two credits and gotten the high school diploma from them. They have a high school program there. But I would rather have a paxon diploma then an fccj diploma.
December 13, 2004, 9:42 PM
hismajesty
We don't have a debate class. The closest thing we have is Oral Communications which has some stuff on debate and in order to pass the class you have to participate in one forensics of debate tournament.
December 13, 2004, 11:37 PM

Search