Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [VB6] need help on bot creation

AuthorMessageTime
Gohan
I've been leaurning VB6 (Having trouble actually) and was wondering if anyone could type me up a code for a simple moderation bot? please i really need it for my clan but with school and all i dont really have the time to try and learn it all i get very stressed but please just a simple moderation bot thats all i am asking

Thanks,
Gohan
December 11, 2004, 12:39 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
LOL, this made me laugh so much  ;D Move to the fun forum  ;)
December 11, 2004, 12:58 AM
hismajesty
Just download a bot, such as JavaOp it's much better as far as features, abilities, speed, etc. to do it that way (not to mention easier.) We see this type of thing often here, people with one or two days experience in VB wanting to make a bot and it frankly gets frustrating. These people usually don't get too much help, but if they have specific questions about the language they do. Botmaking isn't something that you should start with, it requires knowledge in a vast variety of subjects.
December 11, 2004, 12:59 AM
LW-Falcon
There are many moderation bots you can use:
http://www.madzlair.net/madzb/downloads.php?mode=main&cid=3
any of those would be good.
December 11, 2004, 1:34 AM
Gohan
ok for one thing i've been trying to learn vb for about 8 months now i just cant get that good a hang of it because i have to self teach myself and the book that i use which is a college edition book that teaches you only teaches the basics but i sometimes have so much stuff to do that i didnt have time to really try and get the hang of it very well.

Also another thing.
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=9858.msg91868#msg91868 date=1102726783]
Just download a bot, such as JavaOp it's much better as far as features, abilities, speed, etc. to do it that way (not to mention easier.)
[/quote]

[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=topic=9858.msg91871#msg91871 date=1102728861]
There are many moderation bots you can use:
http://www.madzlair.net/madzb/downloads.php?mode=main&cid=3
any of those would be good.
[/quote]

I Said it is for a Clan Bot thats used for the clan not just some bot i can download if i was going to do that i would use my stealthbot and not even worry about asking.

~Gohan
December 11, 2004, 1:40 AM
LW-Falcon
And how are those bots not clan bots?
December 11, 2004, 1:53 AM
Gohan
I Didn't say they weren't i mean a bot code that i could change around to make it specifically for my clan as in the title of the bot the icon etc.  even if i could get a source code of someone elses bot with little thing here and there of what the done and when i make mine i could give them recognition or somnething.

~Gohan
December 11, 2004, 1:59 AM
Networks
My god..Someone really needs to put a sign on these forums that says: "SEARCH THE DAMN FORUM FIRST IDIOT."

I've been here a little while and I've seen this same post 15+ times at least.
December 11, 2004, 2:25 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
This site has a lot of great source codes!
December 11, 2004, 3:30 AM
HdxBmx27
[quote author=Gohan link=topic=9858.msg91873#msg91873 date=1102729213]
ok for one thing i've been trying to learn vb for about 8 months now [/quote]
My god man, sorry to ask, but are you umm 'special'?
I got the hang of coding bnet connections within the first 2 months, (*csb within the first day) And I suggest you eaith uer CleanSlateBot to make ytour own bot, or use some other bot that you cant modify. Because honestly from your posts it sounds like you jsut want a bot you can steal, change the names, and call your own. To this i dispise.
~-~(HDX)~-~
December 11, 2004, 7:59 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Gohan link=topic=9858.msg91876#msg91876 date=1102730350]
I Didn't say they weren't i mean a bot code that i could change around to make it specifically for my clan as in the title of the bot the icon etc. even if i could get a source code of someone elses bot with little thing here and there of what the done and when i make mine i could give them recognition or somnething.

~Gohan
[/quote]

JavaOp is open source. Have fun!
December 11, 2004, 11:04 AM
Mephisto
He just wants free code so he can make a few changes and call it his own.  :)
December 11, 2004, 9:02 PM
Gohan
wtf ever all i wanted was someone to help me out but i guess that is a little too much to ask so FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!!!
December 11, 2004, 11:50 PM
Mephisto
True colors revealed at last.  :)
Btw, giving you free source code to a program isn't really help; it's just giving you an easy way out for what someone else had to work hard for.  ^^
December 11, 2004, 11:57 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Gohan link=topic=9858.msg91982#msg91982 date=1102809016]
wtf ever all i wanted was someone to help me out but i guess that is a little too much to ask so FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!!!
[/quote]`

We gave you lots of suggestions. Carry on little one.
December 12, 2004, 12:00 AM
Eternal
I agree with Meh, move this one to Fun Forum.  8)
December 12, 2004, 9:05 AM
Ringo
www.planet-source-code.com has some open sources, maybe download a client emulating bot and try learn from it.

I dont think anyone is stupid enough to send you there source knowning you just want to edit things that dont have anything to do with moderating a clan channel ;/
December 12, 2004, 1:24 PM
LordNevar
I think my I.Q. just dropped reading all this.
December 12, 2004, 1:55 PM

Search