Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | They say he cheated in the debates?

AuthorMessageTime
peofeoknight
Someone was trying to convince me that the president wore a wire in the debates because of some images that caught a 'bump' in the back of his suit. An article they dragged me too said if you photoshop it it proves it cant be from clothing.... My enitial reaction is if you photoshop an image you can make it say anything you want. Discuss.
December 1, 2004, 10:39 PM
hismajesty
It was fishy, but it doesn't matter either way imho, since he lost that debate.
December 2, 2004, 12:01 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=9745.msg90721#msg90721 date=1101940741]
Someone was trying to convince me that the president wore a wire in the debates because of some images that caught a 'bump' in the back of his suit. An article they dragged me too said if you photoshop it it proves it cant be from clothing.... My enitial reaction is if you photoshop an image you can make it say anything you want. Discuss.
[/quote]

LoL, but it's okay that Kerry brought some stuff (and they had a video of him removing it from his jacket) into the debates and put it on his platform?  Bah.
December 2, 2004, 12:46 AM
DrivE
At the rallies, his jacket seemed a little bulky. Why? Bulletproof vest. If you look in the audience during the debates you'll see burly men with bulging pockets. Who are they? The Secret Service, I'm sure you can figure out the bulges. Maybe... security? Did you ever see an ear piece either? Did you ever see him leaning to the side holding his ear? No. Its just stupid conspiracy crap.
December 2, 2004, 1:21 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=9745.msg90733#msg90733 date=1101948402]
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=9745.msg90721#msg90721 date=1101940741]
[/quote]

LoL, but it's okay that Kerry brought some stuff (and they had a video of him removing it from his jacket) into the debates and put it on his platform?  Bah.
[/quote] I mentioned that too, I recall reading that on teh drudge.
December 2, 2004, 1:54 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Hazard link=topic=9745.msg90742#msg90742 date=1101950489]
At the rallies, his jacket seemed a little bulky. Why? Bulletproof vest. If you look in the audience during the debates you'll see burly men with bulging pockets. Who are they? The Secret Service, I'm sure you can figure out the bulges. Maybe... security? Did you ever see an ear piece either? Did you ever see him leaning to the side holding his ear? No. Its just stupid conspiracy crap.
[/quote] I knew this much, if bush had a guy wispering to him he would have not been as repetative and quicker on his feet. But people actually think that he was getting a feed from someone else.
December 2, 2004, 2:01 AM
DrivE
People also think that L.B.J. was behind the Kennedy assassination and that the United States never put a man on the moon.
December 2, 2004, 2:07 AM
Arta
I remember talk about that. Seemed a bit unlikely to me.
December 2, 2004, 2:10 AM
hismajesty
The lump, I admit, was suspicious. I'd beleive it had Bush done well in the debate, but he performed poorly so it doesn't add up.
December 2, 2004, 2:33 AM
Stealth
He must have been wearing a wire. He's a braindead, cheating Republican.

If he was wired, why the hell did he do so horribly in the first debate?

There's nothing suspicious about it. It's probably a bulletproof vest -- that would make quite a bit of sense, but we'll never know about it for sure, because the Secret Service is not permitted to tell us.
December 2, 2004, 5:06 AM
UserLoser.
Not saying he was, or wasn't wearing a bulletproof vest, but:

I don't see why he would need to wear a bulletproof vest at a debate.  He's standing still, not moving around, so it's probably not a hard target for anyone who would be willing to assassinate the president.  Why would you wear a bulletproof vest when someone can just shoot you in the head (like I said, not moving around, can't be that hard of a target)?  That's an even more guaranteed kill if one were to shoot you in the upper torso...
December 2, 2004, 5:17 AM
Arta
One of the papers here had an interview with the tailor who made his jacket. He said it was just a fold in the fabric - just the way the suit wears.
December 2, 2004, 8:14 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=9745.msg90781#msg90781 date=1101964620]
That's an even more guaranteed kill if one were to shoot you in the upper torso...
[/quote]

So perhaps a bulletproof vest would prevent the more guaranteed kill from a shot to the upper torso?

Or did you mean that it's a more guaranteed kill than if one were to shoot you in the upper torso?
December 2, 2004, 4:47 PM
Kp
Heads are smaller than torsos, which makes them a harder target and thus you need more time to aim.  Also, a headshot isn't a guaranteed kill by any means.  People do just fine without ears, for instance.  The shot would need to disrupt the brain, either directly or by causing bone fragments to enter the brain.  So, to get a probable kill the assassin would need to hit at or next to the brain, while firing from a distance with little time to aim - see next paragraph.

Though theoretically possible, it'd be very difficult to aim well without the gun being visible to anyone who looked at you.  Since we can assume that the Secret Service is doing a thorough job canvassing the crowd, it therefore seems that they would spot any visible weapons.  So, either you take an unaimed shot (keeping the weapon concealed - and thus denying you use of its sights to aim) or you pull it out and take a barely aimed shot (you won't have time to aim carefully since you'll be spotted almost immediately).  In either case, the torso is a much easier target due to its greater size.  I would be greatly surprised if an assassin got off more than a couple of shots before the president was buried under Secret Service people.  Also, consider that the assassin will be tackled as well, and might get off an unaimed shot as he goes down.  Again, the relative size of the head versus the upper torso dictates that an unaimed shot is more likely to hit a torso (if it hits anything at all).

Besides, why take unnecessary risks with the president's life?  Having the vest on him will greatly increase his chance of survival if the bullet strikes the vest and won't adversely affect his chances if the vest doesn't take the hit.  Also, I doubt whether Secret Service would even consent to his appearing in public without some protection. :)
December 2, 2004, 5:13 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=9745.msg90803#msg90803 date=1102006063]
That's an even more guaranteed kill if one were to shoot you in the upper torso...
[/quote]

So perhaps a bulletproof vest would prevent the more guaranteed kill from a shot to the upper torso?

Or did you mean that it's a more guaranteed kill than if one were to shoot you in the upper torso?
[/quote]

Neither :p, I meant shot to the head would be probably a 99+% guaranteed kill.  Perhaps I worded it wrong, shrug

Edit: After actually reading Kp's post, bleh, I've never seen or heard of anyone surviving from a headshot :p
December 2, 2004, 7:43 PM
peofeoknight
Not saying he was, or wasn't wearing a bulletproof vest, but:

I don't see why he would need to wear a bulletproof vest at a debate.  He's standing still, not moving around, so it's probably not a hard target for anyone who would be willing to assassinate the president.  Why would you wear a bulletproof vest when someone can just shoot you in the head (like I said, not moving around, can't be that hard of a target)?  That's an even more guaranteed kill if one were to shoot you in the upper torso...
[/quote] Its a lot easier to shot him in the chest then in the face. Play some more mohaas or call of duty or something.

woops: I did not see that someone ranted about this already :P
December 3, 2004, 12:48 AM
Grok
The President SHOULD wear a wire at all times in public so that he can be in constant communication with the secret service protecting his life.  If he was wearing a wire, and I hope he was, I also hope it was for this purpose.

Cheating?  If he cheated, then maybe it wasn't Bush who sounded like a complete bumbling idiot, after all.  Does that mean there's hope that Bush is actually intelligent enough to understand the issues in abstract and practicality?

And they call Republicans paranoid.
December 3, 2004, 5:06 PM
peofeoknight
Bush is a very smart man, I have seen him do very well in some interviews, he sounds very educated when he is talked to 1 on 1. But get him in a debate or a speach and he just does not seem as articulate.
December 4, 2004, 8:52 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=9745.msg91042#msg91042 date=1102193568]
Bush is a very smart man, I have seen him do very well in some interviews, he sounds very educated when he is talked to 1 on 1. But get him in a debate or a speach and he just does not seem as articulate.
[/quote]

He does fine when it's not scripted, when he has less pressure.

When he was govenor of Texas, he was perfectly articulate. Sometimes I worry he has a medical condition coming on, maybe early alzheimers - not sure. Maybe it's just because of him getting older. But, obviously, the 'Bush is a moron' statments don't hold true.
December 5, 2004, 12:23 AM
Arta
I think he does well when he's had time to prepare -- when he's had questions in advance and his advisors have helped him prepare answers.
December 5, 2004, 7:59 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=9745.msg91111#msg91111 date=1102233551]
I think he does well when he's had time to prepare -- when he's had questions in advance and his advisors have helped him prepare answers.
[/quote]

His advisors helped him prepare speeches, and he praticed them - to no avail.
December 5, 2004, 12:08 PM
Arta
I don't think a debate is comparable to an interview. An interview can be scripted, and learned. A debate can be prepared for, but you still never know exactly what will be asked, nor what your opponent will say.
December 5, 2004, 1:55 PM
Soul Taker
If you read the news sources from back when every news source was talking about this, Bush wasn't wearing a vest at the debate, and said publically that he wouldn't wear one.
December 5, 2004, 2:49 PM
Wish
[quote author=Stealth link=topic=9745.msg90780#msg90780 date=1101963975]
He must have been wearing a wire. He's a braindead, cheating Republican.
[/quote]

good analysis there, sherlock.
December 5, 2004, 4:17 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=9745.msg91124#msg91124 date=1102254916]
I don't think a debate is comparable to an interview. An interview can be scripted, and learned. A debate can be prepared for, but you still never know exactly what will be asked, nor what your opponent will say.
[/quote]

speeches != interviews

[quote]good analysis there, sherlock.[/quote]

Sarcasm
December 5, 2004, 9:13 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Soul Taker link=topic=9745.msg91128#msg91128 date=1102258172]
If you read the news sources from back when every news source was talking about this, Bush wasn't wearing a vest at the debate, and said publically that he wouldn't wear one.
[/quote] That is not what I have heard. LINKS!
December 5, 2004, 10:36 PM

Search