Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Adron's Flood Algorithm (RequiredDelay(DWORD bytes))

AuthorMessageTime
Mephisto
Seeing as how Adron's flood algorithm's settings are set so that it runs effectively with the old flood algorithm on Battle.net, I was wondering if anyone came up with accurate settings for the new one.  Also, I had a question:  Are statements where you subtract tick from lasttick (negative number) suppose to be subtracting lasttick from tick (positive number)?  Just doesn't make sense that you'd have negative numbers in this algorithm to me.  (For reference, I got the code from the documents seection of the vL Website).
December 1, 2004, 2:23 AM
Skywing
The new system has at least one additional variable that accrues in a different manner.  It's not simply a matter of plugging in new constants to the old system (if you want to get an optimal solution, anyway).
December 1, 2004, 7:58 AM
Mephisto
Thanks; ended up writing my own last night in frustration with it, but thank you anyways.q
December 1, 2004, 3:13 PM
Adron
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=9733.msg90697#msg90697 date=1101913980]
Thanks; ended up writing my own last night in frustration with it, but thank you anyways.q
[/quote]

And will you share Mephisto's Flood Algorithm with the visitors to the Botdev forum?
December 2, 2004, 4:43 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Adron link=topic=9733.msg90801#msg90801 date=1102005815]
And will you share Mephisto's Flood Algorithm with the visitors to the Botdev forum?
[/quote]

Yes indeed.  Sounds like a good plan.
December 2, 2004, 4:44 PM
Mephisto
It still requires some adjustments, and I'm still writing the dispatcher function for it; so no.  Btw Adron, that sounded like a comment where you thought that I thought that your flood algorithm wasn't as good as mine, is that so?
December 2, 2004, 11:45 PM
LoRd
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=9733.msg90843#msg90843 date=1102031116]
It still requires some adjustments, and I'm still writing the dispatcher function for it; so no.  Btw Adron, that sounded like a comment where you thought that I thought that your flood algorithm wasn't as good as mine, is that so?
[/quote]

It's a forum.  When you ask a question and then later figure out the answer on your own, it's asked that you post the solution to help others who may have the same question or those who are just curious on how you solved the problem.  I believe that's all he meant by that.

Personally, I'd like to hear about Skywing's flood protection methods.
December 3, 2004, 12:00 AM
Mephisto
I understand LoRd; I just forget that request a lot :)  But it just sounded a bit hostile from Adron's comment.  I'd also be interested in seeing Skywing's flood protection code.
December 3, 2004, 12:24 AM
UserLoser.
See: Game.dll.  Atleast, that's where *somebody* and I's method comes from.  Except this person greatly modified the translation, AFAIK.
December 3, 2004, 12:29 AM
Adron
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=9733.msg90843#msg90843 date=1102031116]
Btw Adron, that sounded like a comment where you thought that I thought that your flood algorithm wasn't as good as mine, is that so?
[/quote]

No, it was more of a comment that I think you should share your theories with us, but the tone was to indicate that I expect that you won't share.
December 3, 2004, 7:19 PM
Mephisto
Hmm, okay.  I will share though, just not until I make it accurate to the new flood algorithm.
December 3, 2004, 8:12 PM

Search