Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Re: Yasser Arafat Dead (Languages & Banning)

AuthorMessageTime
Adron
[quote author=Wartenberg link=topic=9507.msg90188#msg90188 date=1101557131]
mate, im living in england only since 5months now, ok?? and unforrunately im sharing my flat with a ukrainian guy D:. however: my norsk, swedish, dutch, german, russian and norwegian is much better than my english. and i dont count english as one of the launguage i really master. but its enough to get banned :D
[/quote]

K, så dra ditt argument på svenska då... Och förklara varför du kommer tillbaka efter att du har blivit bannad? Varför blev du överhuvudtaget bannad?
November 27, 2004, 1:12 PM
hismajesty
[quote]i said no answers/replys plz. but btw i dont feel myself as a jew. moreover karl marx was jew and a anti-semite. so even this would be possible har har.[/quote]

Don't post something if you don't want a reply, the point of a forum is too reply. If you don't consider yourself a Jew, don't publically classify yourself as one?

[quote]SO I AM NOT A NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER[/quote]

Neither is Adron, but he seems to participate in our debates without a problem. Same goes for Yoni and Mejal, they aren't native English speakers but still post fine in English.
November 27, 2004, 1:31 PM
Wartenberg
[quote author=Adron link=topic=9507.msg90196#msg90196 date=1101561163]
[quote author=Wartenberg link=topic=9507.msg90188#msg90188 date=1101557131]
mate, im living in england only since 5months now, ok?? and unforrunately im sharing my flat with a ukrainian guy D:. however: my norsk, swedish, dutch, german, russian and norwegian is much better than my english. and i dont count english as one of the launguage i really master. but its enough to get banned :D
[/quote]

K, så dra ditt argument på svenska då... Och förklara varför du kommer tillbaka efter att du har blivit bannad? Varför blev du överhuvudtaget bannad?
[/quote]

oken inget problem låter för att argumentera i swedish. men förvänta inte för mycket från min swedish writing, sedan det min mest väl språket är german. jag kom tillbaka till denna plats, därför att I-funderarevL är en av de mest väl bwclansna. och du önskar att veta varför min vonLandenhausen (i swedish: ackumulatorn för av Landenhusen) får banned? välla fram mig är inte den säkra min själven, men I-funderare Yoni gjorde den, därför att han inte gillade vad jag måste något att säga om israel. du talar german? låter för att argumentera i german, var god.
November 27, 2004, 1:44 PM
Wartenberg
kan du please unban vonLandenhausen?

weist du was? i wuerde es bevorzugen mit dir in deutsch/tyska zu streiten. und ich kann dir sagen warum. ich hab den groessten teil meines lebens in deutschland gelebt und kann darum am besten deutsch sprechen. danke
November 27, 2004, 1:48 PM
Adron
[quote author=Wartenberg link=topic=9507.msg90202#msg90202 date=1101563285]
kan du please unban vonLandenhausen?

weist du was? i wuerde es bevorzugen mit dir in deutsch/tyska zu streiten. und ich kann dir sagen warum. ich hab den groessten teil meines lebens in deutschland gelebt und kann darum am besten deutsch sprechen. danke
[/quote]

To be honest, your Swedish is much worse than your English. Your German seems pretty ok though. The question of having your vonLandenhausen name unbanned or this name banned will have to be dealt with by someone who knows why you were banned. I don't arbitrarily overrule decisions.
November 27, 2004, 1:50 PM
Wartenberg
i would delete this account (Wartenberg) as soon as vonLandenhausen is unbanned (btw. the appropriate ip should be unbanned as well) .... thx very much "_"

and btw. shouldnt you've learned tyska in sweden? i know that most norwegian ppl speak tyska...
November 27, 2004, 1:55 PM
Adron
[quote author=Wartenberg link=topic=9507.msg90204#msg90204 date=1101563728]
i would delete this account (Wartenberg) as soon as vonLandenhausen is unbanned (btw. the appropriate ip should be unbanned as well) .... thx very much "_"

and btw. shouldnt you've learned tyska in sweden? i know that most norwegian ppl speak tyska...
[/quote]

Actually you have a choice of third language. If you're an immigrant you can spend the time getting more proficient in your original language. Most Swedes study either French or German, but Russian and other languages appear as well. I do know some German, but I'm also aware that I'm about as bad at it as you are with Swedish. I prefer to stick to producing text in a language I'm OK in and just reading/understanding others.

Request to moderator: Split this thread up so the original topic can continue and vonLandenhausens banning can be discussed elsewhere? :)
November 27, 2004, 2:09 PM
Wartenberg
yeah please
November 27, 2004, 2:38 PM
DrivE
If you don't think that English is a language you should master in the modern world, you've got another thing comin'.
November 27, 2004, 3:04 PM
Wartenberg
in europe most ppl speak german.
November 27, 2004, 3:08 PM
Wartenberg
and even the usa was very close to get german as their official language. as far as i know only 1 vote did make difference.
November 27, 2004, 3:21 PM
Adron
[quote author=Hazard link=topic=9507.msg90219#msg90219 date=1101567858]
If you don't think that English is a language you should master in the modern world, you've got another thing comin'.
[/quote]

Hmm?

i.e. What provoked that comment?
November 27, 2004, 3:24 PM
hismajesty
edit button

It doesn't matter what our language was going to be (could some non-moronic person show evidence of that german thing, I've never heard it) what does matter, though, is what it now is - which is an Americanized form of English.
November 27, 2004, 3:26 PM
DrivE
[quote author=Wartenberg link=topic=9691.msg90223#msg90223 date=1101568886]
and even the usa was very close to get german as their official language. as far as i know only 1 vote did make difference.
[/quote]

Dude, not even close. You don't have one scrap of evidence to support that. I've read a lot of books on the years of our foundation and I've never read that.
November 27, 2004, 8:45 PM
DrivE
[quote author=Wartenberg link=topic=9691.msg90220#msg90220 date=1101568118]
in europe most ppl speak german.
[/quote]

Not most.

And in the world of international business, while German is good to know, English/Asian Languages reign supreme.
November 27, 2004, 8:46 PM
peofeoknight
I might take some classes in german when I go to college next year. It is a beautiful language. It also sounds really cool when you shout it.

edit: fixing my incoherence.
November 28, 2004, 7:56 AM

Search