Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Send text to a website

AuthorMessageTime
Lair
Hi.
I'm trying to send text to a website, specifically to about 5 different text boxes.
I need the program to go there, (without opening a brower), fill out the text boxes and hit Submit.
Im using visual basic 6.0.
Any suggestions on how i can do this? I'm not aware a way to do this through vb 6.0, any help is appreaciated.
(If i could do this with inet, tha'd be great  ;D

***[Resolved -- Used Microsoft WebBrowser Control]
November 24, 2004, 2:23 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
I have a better suggestion: read up on HTTP POST and use a socket.
November 24, 2004, 4:48 AM
LivedKrad
Wouldn't the script he's posting too need to use HTTP GET to grab the data anyway? That'd probably be too complicated for him. :(
November 24, 2004, 5:29 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
POST will still return the contents of the website, but it allows you to POST data from fields, as you specify, as opposed to GETting them from the URL (EX: page.php?somevar=somedata).
November 25, 2004, 4:43 AM
HolyBrute
Trying to back door a bot.. Lol? ...Anyways i can help u a little message me on aim HELLOFLJ
March 2, 2005, 4:28 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=HolyBrute link=topic=9655.msg102197#msg102197 date=1109780921]
Trying to back door a bot.. Lol? ...Anyways i can help u a little message me on aim HELLOFLJ
[/quote]
Filling out 5 textboxes wouldn't make sense for a backdoor, you'd just 'POST' the variable in a php script.  Also, why even need variables TO post?  Wouldn't you just want the trojan to execute a php script that will grab the IP of the connecting person ... then you can look @ the list later on & connect to the person?
March 2, 2005, 4:31 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
The person would have to accept the connection, but yes.  I used POST on an experimental webbot, and it worked...kind of.  But then again, that was a webbot.
March 2, 2005, 11:43 PM

Search