Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Get news

AuthorMessageTime
Rince
ok last thing  ;)

wanna add news eg.. stealthbot
How i do that?  ( im new to vb so be kind )
November 23, 2004, 2:27 AM
Yegg
do u mean ur own news or battle.net news?
If its for bnet news bnetdocs has some info.
http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com/content.php?Code=16
November 23, 2004, 2:51 AM
LivedKrad
You know, if you're new to VB I think it would be wise to start with something smaller and less complex than a bot. Of course, you can open up any source and start learning, but as with Yegg and the packet buffer class he used you probably won't understand what's going on with code that's foreign you. For instance, if I'd like to learn German I wouldn't get the German translated version of [u]A Tale of Two Cities[/u] and attempt to understand its verb tenses, conjugations, noun declination etc. So I'd probably start off designing small applications, then when you become proficient at using the basic functions, design more complex applications using more of the VBA library. Learning a language is structured and built upon: it cannot be done with one project alone.
By the way, this was not a crack at you being new to VB, it's just a friendly suggestion that I think would help you more in the quest of learning VB.
November 23, 2004, 3:06 AM
Quarantine
Dude a Tale of Two cities rocks <3
November 23, 2004, 3:13 AM
Rince
using a bot tut ~ with csb
and i was wondering :o
but this is kool shoudl of started vb long time ago
November 23, 2004, 3:36 AM
LivedKrad
Ugh, utilizing an extremely simple and ready-made-out-of-the-box ActiveX control to "program" a bot is not want I meant!
November 23, 2004, 3:44 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
If u mean how stealthbot gets its own news then it uses i neleave inet.ocx. I tried this but couldnt figure out how to do it.
November 23, 2004, 8:02 AM
Networks
ew?? INET, I use winsock which seems much better than using ANOTHER active X control. MSDN should help for that.
November 23, 2004, 4:49 PM
HdxBmx27
Well I beleave this is how Stealth does it, if you want to do it that way  you would do this:
[code]Dim Bla as string, Bla2() as string, X as integer
Bla = INet.OpenURL("http://www.deadly7.uni.cc/HdxBmx27/EULA.txt")
Bla2 = Split(Bla, VBCrLf)
For x = 0 to UBound(Bla2)
'bla heres some news!
next x[/code]
Works perfectly for me, cept ya need to tell it to do something in the loop :P

As for winsock, what would you do to have it connect to a site?
And is it pobbible to maintain that connection for a long period of time, accessing diffrent files on that site?
~-~(HDX)~-~
November 23, 2004, 4:55 PM
Yegg
LivedKrad, using csb to start is a good idea. That's what i started out with. It gives you a chance to see what visual basic has to offer.
November 23, 2004, 7:52 PM
Quarantine
Yea, and just look how you turned out -.-
November 23, 2004, 8:26 PM
Yegg
*slaps warrior* shut up noob.
November 23, 2004, 8:46 PM
LivedKrad
You learned Visual Basic by using CSB? I guess my post here wasn't warranted then:
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=9585.15

Anyway, you would make winsock connect to a website using the standard webserver port (mostly 80). Data transfer is the same with webservers just like it is with Battle.net I believe. You send request and header packets to the webserver and the webserver replies with the data requested. You'd just have to do a little more lower-level packet work.
November 23, 2004, 11:13 PM
HdxBmx27
OK coll, I'll try it out on my bot, If i can do this it would be so much easier to do alot of my bot's functiona :)
If anyone has any other info they know about winsock an websites, please tell me.
~-~(HDX)~-~
November 24, 2004, 12:05 AM
LivedKrad
http://www.winsockvb.com/forums/
November 24, 2004, 1:03 AM
HdxBmx27
Cool, got it connected, I do have one question, I have some things that i would like to do with this, How much bandwith does it take to send a keepalive?
AE:
wsSite.SendData Chr(&H38)
I think it isnt any because the site isnt sending anything back, But i need comfermation. Anyone know?
~-~(HDX)~-~
November 24, 2004, 3:56 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[code]    sckNEWS.Connect "www.some-random-site.com", 80[/code]
Not too hard, is it?
November 24, 2004, 4:50 AM
LivedKrad
Let him bask in the glory of connecting to a webserver. You were new once, Rabbit!
November 24, 2004, 5:27 AM
HdxBmx27
fofo your an ass >.<
rimind me to kick you ass
Umm ya, and i'm not new, I am just not trying to dammen hard. And my site is a sub site  ( http://www.dradly7.uni.cc/HdxBmx27 ) So it took me a second to figure out what egzactly i had to send to the server to access sertin files in my site.;
took me 1 packet log of Inet an 15 seconds :P
~-~(HDX)~-~
November 24, 2004, 5:58 AM
LivedKrad
Not new? I'd say 35 posts is new sir!
November 24, 2004, 7:44 AM
HdxBmx27
if you mean new to this site as a poster then yes,  but i've been a member saence march and used this site as a refrance for much longer then that,
I'm just not one to post often, But i have been more active in the last month or so,  thats when I got most my posts.
I never asked questions here :P I've asked them of FoFo and Fool directly.
So plz dont go by posts, posts are jsut how much you like to talk.
~-~(HDX)~-~
November 24, 2004, 4:27 PM
hismajesty
Pssh, everybody knows only the YaBB Gods' matter. And Mejal. :P
November 24, 2004, 9:48 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[quote author=HdxBmx27 link=topic=9644.msg89860#msg89860 date=1101268611]
Cool, got it connected, I do have one question, I have some things that i would like to do with this, How much bandwith does it take to send a keepalive?
AE:
wsSite.SendData Chr(&H38)
I think it isnt any because the site isnt sending anything back, But i need comfermation. Anyone know?
~-~(HDX)~-~
[/quote]It's:
[code]sckSite.SendData "GET page.php HTTP/1.1" & vbCrLf
sckSite.SendData "Connection: keep-alive"[/code]
I think, then if the reply contains "Connection: Keep-Alive" then it will remain open, otherwise it will close.
November 25, 2004, 4:45 AM
HdxBmx27
Naw tryed that FoFo, Only way i've had the server stay connected is to have a time set to 2000 as an interval and just keep sending "8", See this isnt a problem, cept does it take up bandwith?
If someone has a server that mesures bandwith and wana test this for me, plase do. I dont have access to any
~-~(HDX)~-~
November 25, 2004, 6:17 AM
LivedKrad
[quote author=HdxBmx27]So plz dont go by posts, posts are jsut how much you like to talk.[/quote]
Posting for me is usually much more than that. It's how much I like to help people or how much I can offer on the subject.
November 26, 2004, 4:28 AM
phvckmeh
http://clancybr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2081#2081

That will retrieve the version information stored in a txt file
November 26, 2004, 5:56 AM
LivedKrad
Why do you continually come back? I like the fact that when you do, you post things that are pertaining to the subject and *usually* help, (no matter how much you just advertise :)). However, the stupid things you say like "never coming back to these faggot forums" while you "make us sweat". Why must you do this? :(
November 30, 2004, 3:45 PM
Dyndrilliac
[quote author=Networks link=topic=9644.msg89809#msg89809 date=1101228558]
ew?? INET, I use winsock which seems much better than using ANOTHER active X control. MSDN should help for that.
[/quote]

Winsock, unless used at the API level is "using ANOTHER control", just like the Inet control which can also be used at the API level.
November 30, 2004, 10:56 PM

Search