Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Going to WoW?

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
Hey -- I wanted to know if anyone is going to play World of Warcraft.  My clan is going to start both Alliance and Horde PvP guilds, and if anyone's interested in jumping in with us, we'd be more than happy to have you.

I'm going to be getting a Night Elf Rogue.  :)
November 22, 2004, 12:47 AM
Spht
Which realm?  We're going to be on East coast realm on one of the PvE servers.
November 22, 2004, 12:56 AM
Mitosis
Yeah I'm always the Horde. Always! I'll be an Orc Shaman. Since I had lvl 27 I'll be able to lvl fast. My main goal is to get to 60 so I can go rape some Aliance fuckers :) So Myndfyre hit me up on aim at Diawyn so we can talk about this.

edit. I'm also making a fan site too.
November 22, 2004, 2:05 AM
K
I broke down and pre-ordered today.  Since I played as a dwarf hunter so much through out the beta(s), I'll probably start a horde character first just to try things out.

I play on the Mountain Time servers.
November 22, 2004, 3:33 AM
Mephisto
West Coast servers.  Horde; undead warlock.  PvP server.
November 22, 2004, 4:43 AM
Stealth
My guild is going central-time PVP and Alliance. Guess I'm the oddball. :)

I'm making a human priest.
November 22, 2004, 5:10 AM
UserLoser.
Probably, if so, I'll be working on WoWBot
November 22, 2004, 5:11 AM
Myndfyr
If you guys are interested in being in one of AoA's guilds (we're having one on each side of PvP as I'd said), hit us up here.  I go by Lothrein/DarkTemplar~AoA over there, and I'm (aside from one of the leaders of AoA) the head of the Alliance guild.  We're still recruiting, so if you don't have a WoW guild.... our horde side especially could use people.  The Alliance side has more people who are experienced with MMOs.

Anyway, we're going to be on the Central realm (because we have people everywhere in the country), on the PvP server that is first alphabetically.

If you decide to come over, sign up, and post on the intro forum and I'll get you set into the right member group.  Just make sure I know who you are here too.  ;)
November 22, 2004, 6:28 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
I really need this game but its not in the UK untilfebuary. What USA shops online sell it so i can buy it overseas? Thanks!
November 22, 2004, 10:42 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Meh link=topic=9632.msg89701#msg89701 date=1101120176]
I really need this game but its not in the UK untilfebuary. What USA shops online sell it so i can buy it overseas? Thanks!
[/quote]

MyndFyre.com....  Unfortunately for you there's an extra $40 "handling" charge on top of other shipping and purchasing prices...
November 22, 2004, 6:03 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
You are kidding me. $40 extra. I live in Wales, UK. It cost my dad less toUPS his model airplane to UK from Florida. WoW isnt exactl;ey heavy or large.
November 22, 2004, 6:16 PM
K
[quote author=Meh link=topic=9632.msg89719#msg89719 date=1101147384]
You are kidding me. $40 extra. I live in Wales, UK. It cost my dad less toUPS his model airplane to UK from Florida. WoW isnt exactl;ey heavy or large.
[/quote]

K.com has it for only $34.99 extra S/H... ;)
November 22, 2004, 7:26 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I dont mind paying the SH as long as its not over $15 - $20 as more is ridiculoues.
November 22, 2004, 8:06 PM
Mitosis
Well man I have some friends from the OB that live in Europe and they say that it isn't coming out until July...sucks.
November 22, 2004, 8:43 PM
Spht
You may want to reconsider playing on a PvP server.  I doubt anyone here is a hardcore power-leveler that's going to be at level 60 by next week.  Some points to keep in mind:

At any time, someone from the opposite fraction can attack you.  This isn't much of a concern until you're doing level 20+ quests, which require you to travel in neutral areas where both the Alliance and Horde can be.  Then enjoy getting raped constantly by bored power levelers.  For some, this could ruin their gaming experience.  If you're planning on playing "casually" on a PvP server, that's suicide.

Me and some others are going to be playing on a PvE server, because we know we won't level as fast as most everyone else since we simply don't have the time to devote.  The PvE servers have PvP content, so we're not missing out on much.  On PvE you can only engage in PvP if both sides agree to it.  PvE servers are getting Battleground areas in the future anyway, which will be automatically set both fractions to PvP when they enter that area.  And it's still very possible to raid a city of the opposite fraction on the PvE server as well.

More information:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/realmtypes.html

Choose which realm you're going to play on wisely, especially if you never tried the game before...
November 22, 2004, 9:06 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
[quote author=Mitosis link=topic=9632.msg89729#msg89729 date=1101156225]
Well man I have some friends from the OB that live in Europe and they say that it isn't coming out until July...sucks.
[/quote]
2nd of febuary I think.
November 22, 2004, 9:08 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Spht link=topic=9632.msg89735#msg89735 date=1101157607]
You may want to reconsider playing on a PvP server.  I doubt anyone here is a hardcore power-leveler that's going to be at level 60 by next week.  Some points to keep in mind:

At any time, someone from the opposite fraction can attack you.  This isn't much of a concern until you're doing level 20+ quests, which require you to travel in neutral areas where both the Alliance and Horde can be.  Then enjoy getting raped constantly by bored power levelers.  For some, this could ruin their gaming experience.  If you're planning on playing "casually" on a PvP server, that's suicide.

Me and some others are going to be playing on a PvE server, because we know we won't level as fast as most everyone else since we simply don't have the time to devote.  The PvE servers have PvP content, so we're not missing out on much.  On PvE you can only engage in PvP if both sides agree to it.  PvE servers are getting Battleground areas in the future anyway, which will be automatically set both fractions to PvP when they enter that area.  And it's still very possible to raid a city of the opposite fraction on the PvE server as well.

More information:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/realmtypes.html

Choose which realm you're going to play on wisely, especially if you never tried the game before...
[/quote]

I played Closed Beta since June, I've been on both servers.

About PvP, you can't be attacked at ANY time unless you're in Contested Territory or the territory of the other faction. ;)

[quote author=Meh link=topic=9632.msg89723#msg89723 date=1101153964]
I dont mind paying the SH as long as its not over $15 - $20 as more is ridiculoues.
[/quote]

I don't think you're quite catching on...
November 22, 2004, 9:13 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I have!
November 22, 2004, 9:33 PM
Spht
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=9632.msg89737#msg89737 date=1101157999]
About PvP, you can't be attacked at ANY time unless you're in Contested Territory or the territory of the other faction. ;)
[/quote]

Right.  And contested territory (neutral area as I put it) is where you spend most of your time once you're finished quests in your fraction's areas.
November 22, 2004, 9:37 PM
K
[quote author=Spht link=topic=9632.msg89740#msg89740 date=1101159477]
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=9632.msg89737#msg89737 date=1101157999]
[/quote]

Right. And contested territory (neutral area as I put it) is where you spend most of your time once you're finished quests in your fraction's areas.
[/quote]

I was running through the steppes on a PvE server and saw this funny (hostile) tauren with a strange name, so I killed it.  Turns out it was some horde NPC.

Whoops -- don't kill opposing faction NPCs; it automatically makes you go hostile and you're fair game.  About two minutes later a group of three tauren showed up and destroyed me.  Then they proceded to camp my body for about fifteen minutes until they realized that I wasn't going to be hostile when I resurrected.
November 22, 2004, 10:22 PM
Mitosis
Lol, I rememeber when I went into the Alliance area, I got slaughtered by a level ?? Gurrilla. I was a level 9 Warrior. Damn those apes.
November 23, 2004, 12:56 AM

Search