Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Linux Vulgarity

AuthorMessageTime
iago
This was an idea I got from linuxquestions.org:

[code]iago@Slayer:~/downloads/src/linux-2.6.9$ grep -r fuck *
Documentation/DocBook/kernel-locking.tmpl:      If you don't see why, please stay the fuck away from my code.
arch/ppc/syslib/ppc405_pci.c:    * the kernel try to remap our BAR #1 and fuck up bus
arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/powernow-k7.c: * Some Athlon laptops have really fucked PST tables.
arch/i386/kernel/cpu/mtrr/generic.c:/*  Some BIOS's are fucked and don't set all MTRRs the same!  */
arch/sparc/kernel/process.c:    /* fuck me plenty */
arch/sparc/kernel/sunos_ioctl.c:        /* Binary compatibility is good American knowhow fuckin' up. */
arch/sparc64/kernel/traps.c:            /* Why the fuck did they have to change this? */
arch/mips/kernel/irixioctl.c: * irixioctl.c: A fucking mess...
arch/mips/kernel/irixelf.c:#if 0 /* XXX No fucking way dude... */
arch/mips/pci/pci-ip27.c:        * IOC3 is fucked fucked beyond believe ...  Don't even give the
arch/mips/pci/pci-ip27.c:        * IOC3 is fucked fucked beyond believe ...  Don't even give the
arch/mips/pci/pci-ip27.c:        * IOC3 is fucked fucked beyond believe ...  Don't try to access
arch/mips/pci/pci-ip27.c:        * IOC3 is fucked fucked beyond believe ...  Don't try to access
arch/mips/sgi-ip22/ip22-setup.c:        * fucking with the memory controller because it needs to know the
drivers/net/macsonic.c:    fuck did SONIC_BUS_SCALE come from, and what was it supposed
drivers/net/sunhme.c:/* Only Sun can take such nice parts and fuck up the programming interface
drivers/net/sunhme.c:          /* This card is _fucking_ hot... */
drivers/net/b44.c:      /* ??? What the fuck is the purpose of the interrupt mask
drivers/media/video/bt819.c:                                      BUG? Why does turning the chroma comb on fuck up color?
drivers/char/watchdog/shwdt.c:  * brain-damage, it's managed to fuck things up one step further..
drivers/scsi/qlogicpti.h:/* Am I fucking pedantic or what? */
drivers/scsi/NCR53C9x.c: * how bad the target and/or ESP fucks things up.
drivers/scsi/NCR53C9x.c:                /* Be careful, we could really get fucked during synchronous
drivers/scsi/esp.c: * how bad the target and/or ESP fucks things up.
drivers/scsi/esp.c:      * phase things.  We don't want to fuck directly with
drivers/scsi/esp.c:            /* Be careful, we could really get fucked during synchronous
drivers/mtd/mtd_blkdevs.c:        registered, to prevent the link/init ordering from fucking
drivers/ide/pci/cmd640.c: *  These chips are basically fucked by design, and getting this driver
drivers/ide/ide-proc.c:  * What follows below is fucking insane, even for IDE people.
fs/jffs/intrep.c:                  don't fuck up. This is why we have
include/asm-parisc/spinlock.h: * writers) in interrupt handlers someone fucked up and we'd dead-lock
include/asm-m68k/sun3ints.h:/* master list of VME vectors -- don't fuck with this */
include/linux/netfilter_ipv6/ip6t_limit.h:      /* Ugly, ugly fucker. */
include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_limit.h:      /* Ugly, ugly fucker. */
include/asm-sparc64/system.h:  /* If you fuck with this, update ret_from_syscall code too. */  \
lib/vsprintf.c: * Wirzenius wrote this portably, Torvalds fucked it up :-)
net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_limit.c: *                  Alexey is a fucking genius?
net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_nat_snmp_basic.c: * (And this is the fucking 'basic' method).
net/core/netfilter.c:          /* James M doesn't say fuck enough. */
net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6t_limit.c: *                  Alexey is a fucking genius?
sound/oss/aci.c:/* The four ACI command types are fucked up. [-:
sound/oss/opl3.c:        * What the fuck is going on here?  We leave junk in the beginning
iago@Slayer:~/downloads/src/linux-2.6.9$
[/code]

:)
November 19, 2004, 8:09 PM
iago
Just for fun, here's some more:

[code]iago@Slayer:~/downloads/src/linux-2.6.9$ grep -ri " shit" *
Documentation/DocBook/kernel-hacking.tmpl:        * give up.  I'm serious, I am going to kick the living shit
arch/i386/mach-visws/setup.c:    * What lunatic came up with this shit?
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:                                * to shit into regions like that.
arch/sparc/mm/srmmu.c:  * this shit off... nice job Fujitsu.
arch/sparc/lib/checksum.S:      * give up.  I'm serious, I am going to kick the living shit
arch/sparc64/kernel/traps.c:            /* Shit... */
arch/sparc64/lib/checksum.S:    * are two fold.  Firstly, they cannot pair with jack shit,
arch/sparc64/solaris/socksys.c:  * No shit.  WTF is it supposed to do, anyway?
arch/sparc64/mm/ultra.S:        * in Microelectronics who refused to fix this shit.
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1064  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1065  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1066  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1067  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1068  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1069  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1070  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1071  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1072  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/irix5sys.h:    sys    irix_unimp      0      /* 1073  XXX AFS shit        DC*/
arch/mips/kernel/genex.S:        * Big shit, we now may have two dirty primary cache lines for the same
arch/mips/kernel/sysirix.c:/* 2,191 lines of complete and utter shit coming up... */
drivers/net/wan/z85230.c:                      ct=2;  /* Shit happens.. */
drivers/net/sunlance.c: *                This was the sun4c killer. Shit, stupid bug.
drivers/net/sunhme.c:  /* Remember: "Different name, same old buggy as shit hardware." */
drivers/net/declance.c: *      v0.007: Big shit. The LANCE seems to use a different DMA mechanism to
drivers/char/ftape/compressor/lzrw3.c:        /* Shit: we tried to decompress corrupt data */
drivers/char/agp/generic.c:              * If the hardware can't do x4, we're up shit creek, and never
drivers/scsi/esp.h:    /* The HME is the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen. */
drivers/scsi/NCR53C9x.c:                /* shit */
drivers/scsi/NCR53C9x.c:                        /* shit */
drivers/scsi/esp.c:            /* shit */
drivers/scsi/esp.c:                    /* shit */
drivers/block/ub.c:                              * This is typically ENOMEM or some other such shit.
drivers/block/ub.c:                              * This is typically ENOMEM or some other such shit.
drivers/cdrom/mcd.c:    that are supposedly "OUT OF TOLERANCE" (but are really shitty presses!)
drivers/sbus/char/Kconfig:# no shit
fs/jffs2/dir.c:        /* Oh shit. We really ought to make a single node which can do both atomically */
fs/compat_ioctl.c:              /* RED-PEN Shit, this doesn't work for async URBs :-( XXX */
include/asm-mips/mipsprom.h:/* More PROM shit.  Probably has to do with VME RMW cycles??? */
net/ipv4/tcp_input.c:    *    all the algo is pure shit and should be replaced
sound/oss/uart6850.c: * Status: Testing required (no shit -jgarzik)
sound/pci/cs46xx/dsp_spos_scb_lib.c:    /* !!!! THIS IS A PIECE OF SHIT MADE BY ME !!! */
iago@Slayer:~/downloads/src/linux-2.6.9$
[/code]
November 19, 2004, 8:13 PM
Yoni
???

[08:27:40]:[yoni]:[/usr/src/linux]:$ grep -ri meecrob *
[08:27:45]:[yoni]:[/usr/src/linux]:$

Hehe...

arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c-#ifdef __LP64__
arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c-/* Much more has to happen with signals than this -- but it'll at least */
arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c-/* provide a pointer to some places which definitely need a look. */
arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c-#define HACK unsigned int
arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c-#else
arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c-#define HACK unsigned long
arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c-#endif
arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c-    haddr = (HACK) ka->sa.sa_handler;
arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c:    /* ARGH!  Fucking brain damage.  You don't want to know. */

lib/vsprintf.c-/* vsprintf.c -- Lars Wirzenius & Linus Torvalds. */
lib/vsprintf.c-/*
lib/vsprintf.c: * Wirzenius wrote this portably, Torvalds fucked it up :-)
lib/vsprintf.c- */

Use:

grep -ri -C10 fuck * > ~/fuck && vim ~/fuck
November 20, 2004, 6:26 AM
Thing
This is just a sample of crap.

[code]arch/sh/boards/overdrive/galileo.c: *  timer as certain crappy BIOSes forget to set it properly.
arch/arm/kernel/head.S: * We're trying to keep crap to a minimum; DO NOT add any machine specific
arch/arm/kernel/head.S: * crap here - that's what the boot loader (or in extreme, well justified
arch/ppc/platforms/pmac_smp.c: * ideally, all that crap will be done in prom.c and the CPU left
arch/ppc/syslib/cpm2_common.c: /* XXX: This is actually crap. CPM_DATAONLY_BASE and
arch/mips/pci/fixup-ip32.c: * right if there exists such a broken piece of crap.
arch/mips/pci/pci.c: *  timer as certain crappy BIOSes forget to set it properly.
arch/mips/kernel/irixsig.c: /* XXX do sigstack crapola here... XXX */
drivers/pnp/pnpbios/bioscalls.c: if(pnp_bios_is_utter_crap)
drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c: * is just crap, written by a committee. You're better off ignoring
drivers/usb/media/usbvideo.c:/* XXX: this piece of crap really wants some error handling.. */
drivers/cdrom/sbpcd.c: * "ghost" drives on crap hardware (aren't they all?)  Paul Gortmaker
drivers/cdrom/sbpcd.c: This virtual crap is very bogus!
drivers/video/sis/init301.c:    /* This is a piece of typical SiS crap: They code the OEM LCD
drivers/video/radeonfb.c: /* I SHOULD FIX THAT CRAP ! I should probably mimmic XFree DRI[/code]
November 20, 2004, 1:56 PM
Soul Taker
"what lunatic came up with this shit?" was cute.
November 25, 2004, 12:54 PM

Search