Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Cannot Connect to BNLS :(

AuthorMessageTime
J.R.
I am using a bot that uses CleanSlateBot to connect to BNLS but when I attempt to connect, nothing happens i.e. BNLS cannot be connected to at all. I have been using this bot for a very long time and it is only in the past week that this is happening, and I don't note any changes on Battle.net during this particular time. Has anybody else experienced the same problem or know what is going on?

Cheers,
J.R.
November 8, 2004, 5:52 PM
Quarantine
[quote author=J.R. link=topic=9472.msg87931#msg87931 date=1099936320]d I don't note any changes on Battle.net during this particular time
[/quote]

Why would that even matter? Your problem obviously is with BNLS
November 8, 2004, 8:04 PM
Skywing
Oh how I love application backwards compatibility.

This should be fixed sometime in the near future.
November 8, 2004, 10:28 PM
J.R.
Warrior: Don't blame a guy for being a bit tired when writing his post :P That said, although I'm (user-side) technically competent I'm not a genius, so touche.

Skywing: Does that mean the problem is not my end? Just out of curiosity, can the problem be expressed in a simple enough nature so that you could describe it to me quickly and I can hope I'll learn something from it? :P

J.R.
November 8, 2004, 10:43 PM
BaDDBLooD
i believe either BNLS.ValhallaLegends.com or ValhallaLegends.com currently is not working as a BNLS Server address.  Clean Slate Bot uses one of those two server's.  I am not sure if that's what he meant, however that's what i think.
November 8, 2004, 11:05 PM
Skywing
CSB uses www.valhallalegends.com which is at present not setup for BNLS connections.
November 8, 2004, 11:11 PM
J.R.
Is there anywhere in particular I am able to change my BNLS server without having to dive into the source code of CleanSlateBot? I take it that it's not as easy as opening up the .ocx in Notepad and editing it :( Does anybody mind writing a short guide?

Sorry again but thanks.
November 9, 2004, 1:28 AM
Yegg
again, i think bnls would b better.
November 9, 2004, 1:32 AM
Myndfyr
Aside from JR and Skywing, I really do not see a coherent point to any other messages posted in this thread.

JR: No, there is not any way to change the BNLS server short of modifying the source, as I recall (although I could be wrong).  I Google'd, but was not able to find ocx_me.txt, which was the file Cuphead wrote as a tutorial for CSB.

Sorry!
November 9, 2004, 8:50 AM
J.R.
Thanks MyndFyre...I basically need to find the file ocx_me.txt which teaches me how to modify the source and change my BNLS server then?
November 9, 2004, 11:50 AM
Stealth
It won't help you modify the source. It is, however, a very good resource to have, along with his other HTML-based readme. I've put them both you for your reading pleasure at http://stealthbot.net/misc/ .
November 9, 2004, 9:26 PM
J.R.
Stealth: Thanks! I am actually reading both of them and if anything they are very educational reads (no sarcasm). However I'm still stuck without BNLS access which means I can't use my bot :( On the bright side I now know what OCX does! :D
November 10, 2004, 12:26 AM
J.R.
:( Unfortunately no update for BNLS has been released yet so I am still unable to use the bot...does anybody know when it will be updated? *puts on his best pretty face*
November 12, 2004, 7:46 PM
iago
You could map www.valhallalegends.com in your hosts file to point to th proper server.

Right now, the addresses are:
[quote]iago@Slayer:~$ host www.valhallalegends.com
www.valhallalegends.com has address 168.215.185.2
iago@Slayer:~$ host bnls.valhallalegends.com
bnls.valhallalegends.com has address 63.161.183.202
[/quote]

You'll want to edit your hosts file, which can be found at:
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on Windows
or
/etc/hosts on Linux (just to compare :P)

You'll want to add the line:
[quote]63.161.183.202    www.valhallalegends.com[/quote]

I'm not 100% sure that that'll work, but give it a try and let me know.

The other alternative is not using CSB, it's too restricting :)
November 12, 2004, 8:35 PM
hismajesty
Cuphead released the CSB source code (I think) some time ago, it should be in one of these forums. Denial posted it iirc. Just edit/recompile that. :)

Edit: https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=8607.0

Edit2: That's not the same CSB as you're using, but maybe it'll help anyway. It's the one that was under development. I opened it up to see if it was right, hrm oh well.*shrug*
November 12, 2004, 8:45 PM
J.R.
My current hosts file has the following information:

(Blahblahblah crap at the top)
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost

That's right, just localhost...which got me wondering whether something was wrong here in the first place. Nevertheless, I've added "63.161.183.202    www.valhallalegends.com" under localhost and now it works! Either BNLS has been updated or you have solved my problem, cheers ;)

EDIT: Yes, it's your solution, not BNLS back up :) Thanks!

J.R.
November 13, 2004, 4:21 PM
Kp
[quote author=J.R. link=topic=9472.msg88746#msg88746 date=1100362888]EDIT: Yes, it's your solution, not BNLS back up :) Thanks![/quote]

BNLS wasn't down.  You're just using old poorly written software which looks for BNLS in the wrong place.
November 13, 2004, 4:56 PM
iago
Yeah, www.valhallalegends.com points to the wrong ip.  What you're doing is overriding the dns to point to the correct address.
November 13, 2004, 5:48 PM
J.R.
Sorry for the bad wording, that's what I meant :) Thanks for the solution!
November 14, 2004, 2:33 AM

Search