Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Warcraft | World of Warcraft Due Date!

AuthorMessageTime
Mitosis
www.worldofwarcraft.com

~~!~!~~!~ PMG!~~!~!~!~!~~

Looks like in about 2.5 weeks or so (no longer than 3) WoW will be purchaseable!
November 4, 2004, 8:13 PM
Soul Taker
And the open beta hasn't even started!
November 4, 2004, 9:38 PM
Mitosis
ya, I can't wait for the open beta lol my homepage is set to Wow.com How much is this game going to be a month do you think? Are you gunna buy the collectors chest?
November 4, 2004, 10:41 PM
j0k3r
Less than $15/month. I doubt I'm even getting the game anymore, I've started to realize the importance of school.
November 4, 2004, 11:08 PM
LW-Falcon
I won't be able to pay for the game so I'm just getting the open beta.
November 5, 2004, 12:13 AM
Mitosis
why not Falcon?  pay by check for a year in advance if you cannot pay online.
November 5, 2004, 12:21 AM
LW-Falcon
I'm only 15 right now, turning 16 in march so I can't work till summer, by then I'll be working to get a car. My parents won't pay that much for a game. :(
November 5, 2004, 12:26 AM
Mitosis
I'm 14, I have a job...::::P Do you recieve allowance? is there anyway for you to make money? how do you buy your games now? use that dude
November 5, 2004, 12:31 AM
LW-Falcon
The games I have right now? I rip em off bittorrent, but WoW needs a key and only 1 person can be on a key at a time.
November 5, 2004, 12:38 AM
j0k3r
About 2 days worth of playing at a high level will allow you to accumulate enough to sell on ebay to pay for the monthly fee, assuming you can get access to an ebay account.
November 5, 2004, 2:28 AM
Soul Taker
[quote author=j0k3r link=topic=9423.msg87442#msg87442 date=1099621714]
About 2 days worth of playing at a high level will allow you to accumulate enough to sell on ebay to pay for the monthly fee, assuming you can get access to an ebay account.
[/quote]
The TOA says that you can't do that, so it might get cheap if you lose your account in the process :P
November 5, 2004, 10:59 AM
j0k3r
The TOS for every game say that, yet every game like this has it's people that do it. They rely on the honesty of it's players, and there is no feasible/effective way to trace the people doing this.
November 5, 2004, 11:24 AM
Mitosis
meh I won't sell my stuff, plus this will be my first time playing aswell
November 5, 2004, 11:31 AM
Magickian
[quote author=Soul Taker link=topic=9423.msg87482#msg87482 date=1099652395]
The TOA says that you can't do that, so it might get cheap if you lose your account in the process :P
[/quote]
A little somethin that I found while reading on the WoW faq site while I was trying to pull up the old document saying that the game would only cost $9.95 a month (which they made quite a bold statement of saying it was low since most other MMORPG's were charging $12.95 or more).

How does Blizzard plan on dealing with the selling of items on Ebay?
The selling of characters or items is not a feature supported in World of Warcraft. Any users that choose to participate in this activity do so at their own risk. Blizzard will not facilitate nor mediate in the sale or trading of characters/items.

Taken from http://www.blizzard.com/wow/faq/faq_support.shtml

The TOU uses a little bit harsher terms saying that you cannot sell or trade characters/items for things in the real world, and the TOU is supposedly what you're bound to.  Too bad I couldn't find that post talking about the $9.95 :(
November 5, 2004, 4:35 PM

Search