Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Windows Programming Books

AuthorMessageTime
Etheran
Could anybody make any good recommendations on any windows programming books. I want a book that has a good reference to the windows api, but also tutorials and examples. If anybody could make any suggestions I would really like to hear them.

Thanks in advance
-Etheran
April 4, 2003, 9:08 AM
Grok
The #1 book in that category has always been Charles Petzold's "Programming Windows", now in its 5th or 6th edition.
April 4, 2003, 12:30 PM
iago
[code]ftp://Guest:Guest@iago.no-ip.com:665/ebooks/windows.chm[/code]
(sorry about using code, but doing this screws up the forum's code. Potential exploit? ;-))

It's such a good book, but I would recommend getting the real thing, "Programming Applications for Microsoft Windows" by Jeffry Richter (ISBN = 1-57231-996-8). The link I posted IS the entire book, but it's 1000 pages and much easier to read as a hardcopy.
April 4, 2003, 3:23 PM
Eibro
I have the Petzold eBook if you're interested. I'll get iago to put it on his FTP.
April 4, 2003, 8:10 PM
Etheran
I do plan to buy a hardcopy, but I do want to preview the book first. gogo iago's ftp!! ^^ ;D
April 4, 2003, 10:04 PM
Eibro
Grab the eBook here:
[code]ftp://Guest:Guest@iago.no-ip.com:665/eBooks/ProgrammingWindows-CharlesPetzold.chm[/code]
April 8, 2003, 2:21 AM
iago
hmm.. I should give choice people upload access to my shared folder :)
April 8, 2003, 3:19 AM
Etheran
Great book, looks like a good read through and a good reference.
April 8, 2003, 8:57 AM

Search