Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | ugh, I work at a polling place...

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
For two precincts, no less.

There is a horde of people in here.  It's quite annoying.  Although, some of the cuter girls can stay here all night with me, for all I care.
November 3, 2004, 12:30 AM
hismajesty
Inside or outside? I'm sunburned from working from 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM outside. It's worth it though, we kept a Republican in Congress and gave our 13 votes to Bush. Go Virginia~
November 3, 2004, 3:53 AM
Stealth
Good call. My dad was a pollwatcher all day today, as I'm not 18 I didn't do it, but I did make some 200-300 or so phone calls on behalf of the Bush campaign. I'm desperately hoping we have delivered Wisconsin to the President - our campaign here has been amazingly enthusiastic and upbeat here in Dane County, a county that is one of the main bastions of liberal support in Wisconsin.
November 3, 2004, 5:18 AM
Myndfyr
No, no -- perhaps I wasn't clear.  I work at the library where two precincts poll.  I do not work for the polling group or a PAC.  I just happen to be there.
November 3, 2004, 9:35 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Stealth link=topic=9403.msg87218#msg87218 date=1099459101]
Good call. My dad was a pollwatcher all day today, as I'm not 18 I didn't do it, but I did make some 200-300 or so phone calls on behalf of the Bush campaign. I'm desperately hoping we have delivered Wisconsin to the President - our campaign here has been amazingly enthusiastic and upbeat here in Dane County, a county that is one of the main bastions of liberal support in Wisconsin.
[/quote]

Well, we didn't get Wisconsin but it was really close.
November 3, 2004, 2:01 PM
CrAz3D
New Mexico (me) is still undecided.  I don't see how this is possible when bush has like a 20,000 ish vote lead & all precints are reporting.  The only thing is those stupid provissional ballots, which won't be counted for 10 days or w/e stupid amount of time.
November 3, 2004, 2:18 PM
Maddox
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=9403.msg87164#msg87164 date=1099441824]
For two precincts, no less.

There is a horde of people in here.  It's quite annoying.  Although, some of the cuter girls can stay here all night with me, for all I care.
[/quote]

Oh yeah I bet Nazi propoganda really struck a cord with them.
November 4, 2004, 4:22 AM
Skywing
[quote author=Stealth link=topic=9403.msg87218#msg87218 date=1099459101]
[/quote]
Hmm.. hopefully you're not one of those telespammers that interrupts people during dinner with annoying phone calls?
November 4, 2004, 8:02 PM
Stealth
Haha. I have never personally called during dinnertime hours (my calling on Election Day ended at 4:15PM) but volunteers kept calling throughout the night, so yes, the Get-Out-The-Vote campaigns in Wisconsin on both sides were heavily calling people on Election Day especially.
November 4, 2004, 11:38 PM
zorm
[quote author=Stealth link=topic=9403.msg87401#msg87401 date=1099611500]
Haha. I have never personally called during dinnertime hours (my calling on Election Day ended at 4:15PM) but volunteers kept calling throughout the night, so yes, the Get-Out-The-Vote campaigns in Wisconsin on both sides were heavily calling people on Election Day especially.
[/quote]

My house got about 1 call a day starting two weeks before election day. The day before election day we got between 3-4 calls telling my parents to get out and vote and on election day we got 5. However to their credit they never called us during dinner.
November 6, 2004, 2:06 AM

Search