Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Republican's at it again

AuthorMessageTime
kamakazie
So here at Dartmouth most all students get little flyers telling us to vote in New Hampshire becuase it is a swing state.  Of all the pamplets I have received, the Republican ones are the worst.  On one side they have a information about Bush and his policies and how he is a great guy and such.  And on the other side, they have warnings essentially telling us not to vote in New Hampshire because there could be dire consequences.  Among these they list: loss of scholarships (The College has agreed to cover any loss scholarships even though very few are affected), you will have to obtain a driver's license in New Hampshire (even if you don't drive!), your health insurance will be cancelled and your income tax will be affected as well.  These are obvious scare tactics while I have seen the democrats do nothing but stand on the corner of our 3 street lights and quietly hold signs.
November 2, 2004, 8:53 PM
DrivE
Here in Florida I haven't gone a day at the polls without having to order a Democrat be arrested for physically intimidating voters.
November 2, 2004, 9:08 PM
hismajesty
The cops came by the precinct I was working today multiple times. Apparently, one of the guys had a problem with one of the Vietnam veterans that were there (he's with us) since his shirt said "Kerry Lied...While Good Men Died" and he started coming at him and vulgar words were said. Sad.
November 2, 2004, 10:48 PM
peofeoknight
A democrat slashed the tires of all of cars at the republican hq somewhere. Just heard a blerb about it on the news.
November 3, 2004, 1:38 AM
Arta
Oh, none of that surprises me. It's common knowledge that democrats are directly responsible for all bad things in the world, everywhere, since the dawn of time. Republicans on the other hand are paragons of virtue; they never do anything wong, ever!

::)
November 3, 2004, 1:42 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=9400.msg87183#msg87183 date=1099446134]
Oh, none of that surprises me. It's common knowledge that democrats are directly responsible for all bad things in the world, everywhere, since the dawn of time. Republicans on the other hand are paragons of virtue; they never do anything wong, ever!

[/quote] Funny, dxoigmn was trying to say the exact opposite when he started this thread. That is why we provided things that were contrary to what he said.
November 3, 2004, 2:09 AM
St0rm.iD

[/quote]

Seems to me the purpose of this thread was to promote the exact inverse.
November 3, 2004, 2:09 AM
Arta
I just find it acutely boring that none of the right-wingers here ever seem accept any point made by anyone else, never accept that anyone else is right in any way, and often seem to attempt to demonise people who don't agree with them.

I remember making, in a thread similar to this, the perfectly reasonable point that republicans also campaign in the wrong places and do 'bad' things sometimes (it's not just democrats) and Hazard's response boiled down to "I've never heard of that happening"... as if his experience is exhaustive and authoritative and indisputable. No one here ever seems willing to concede even the smallest point and it's just so dull - especially when something is obviously true.

I just find "playing politics" really boring - debating problems and their solutions should be what politics, and consequently this forum, is about. The level of asinine crap being posted is just depressing. Just because we've been in the middle of a campaign doesn't mean everyone has to loose their heads and act like they're always right and everyone else is always wrong. Sorry to break it to you, but no one is always right and never wrong.
November 3, 2004, 2:22 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=9400.msg87198#msg87198 date=1099448522]
I just find it acutely boring that none of the right-wingers here ever seem accept any point made by anyone else, never accept that anyone else is right in any way, and often seem to attempt to demonise people who don't agree with them.[/quote] uh huh? The same can be said about you left wingers.
[quote]
I remember making, in a thread similar to this, the perfectly reasonable point that republicans also campaign in the wrong places and do 'bad' things sometimes (it's not just democrats) and Hazard's response boiled down to "I've never heard of that happening"... as if his experience is exhaustive and authoritative and indisputable. No one here ever seems willing to concede even the smallest point and it's just so dull - especially when something is obviously true.[/quote] This thread is a testament to the same stuff going the other way. Read the original post. "The republican's at it again". Did you miss that? I mean you come into this thread, 'I am sure republican's are never guilty of anything' when the op was about how republican's play dirty.
[quote]
Just because we've been in the middle of a campaign doesn't mean everyone has to loose their heads and act like they're always right and everyone else is always wrong. Sorry to break it to you, but no one is always right and never wrong. [/quote] You mean you are not always right?
November 3, 2004, 3:10 AM
Arta
Of course not! and neither are you!

This thread is as good a place as any to talk about this. And I am not the same, thanks. I agree with you on Afganistan, I think that hazard has made some interesting points on gun control (although I still ultimately disagree with him). I have and do accept other people's points when I think they are valid, although interpretation is often still important. I don't just blindly disagree with things. I do read all of people's posts before replying to them, which is a courtesy sorely lacking around here.

Yet I have to deal with people calling me a "screaming liberal", ignoring my arguments in favour of scoring cheap points, people carping at eachother on minutiae such as "This thread is a testament to the same stuff going the other way. Read the original post.".

To date I have not seen one single person on the other side of the fence admit that people on both sides play dirty from time to time. Just look at the last election, for God's sake.
November 3, 2004, 3:21 AM
crashtestdummy
It's one thread about a Republican pamphlet he got at school. Every other thread on this forum is about how Republicans are god and democrats nad liberals are schemeing backstabbing morons...
November 3, 2004, 3:30 AM
hismajesty
Oh, none of that surprises me. It's common knowledge that democrats are directly responsible for all bad things in the world, everywhere, since the dawn of time. [/quote]

No, that's Halliburton, duh! ;)
November 3, 2004, 3:48 AM
Arta
*grin*
November 3, 2004, 3:49 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=9400.msg87205#msg87205 date=1099452114]
Of course not! and neither are you!

This thread is as good a place as any to talk about this. And I am not the same, thanks. I agree with you on Afganistan, I think that hazard has made some interesting points on gun control (although I still ultimately disagree with him). I have and do accept other people's points when I think they are valid, although interpretation is often still important. I don't just blindly disagree with things. I do read all of people's posts before replying to them, which is a courtesy sorely lacking around here.

Yet I have to deal with people calling me a "screaming liberal", ignoring my arguments in favour of scoring cheap points, people carping at eachother on minutiae such as "This thread is a testament to the same stuff going the other way. Read the original post.".

To date I have not seen one single person on the other side of the fence admit that people on both sides play dirty from time to time. Just look at the last election, for God's sake.
[/quote] I have admited that. I have said I know of several instances where republicans have committed fraud in another thread, one was water gate. But I have said that I believe democrats do it more often.
November 3, 2004, 5:11 AM

Search