Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | democrats are crazy... us republicans should fear for our lives.

AuthorMessageTime
peofeoknight
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136798,00.html
October 29, 2004, 2:07 AM
Thing
What a pussy for trying to use his car!  If it had been a Texas Democrat she would have been shot.
October 29, 2004, 4:57 AM
jigsaw
This is a scary time.... Voting this next month is extremely important, and I fear for America.  Especially in California and all 16 propositions.  I promise you, that if by off chance Kerry becomes president.... he will be assasinated, for the better of America.
October 29, 2004, 6:01 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=jigsaw link=topic=9349.msg86490#msg86490 date=1099029672]
This is a scary time.... Voting this next month is extremely important, and I fear for America.  Especially in California and all 16 propositions.  I promise you, that if by off chance Kerry becomes president.... he will be assasinated, for the better of America.
[/quote]

I fear for America too because of statements like this.
October 29, 2004, 6:23 AM
DrivE
I fear the crazy Democrats pulling all this off the wall bullshit just to get their power back.
October 29, 2004, 11:23 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Hazard link=topic=9349.msg86504#msg86504 date=1099048981]
I fear the crazy Democrats pulling all this off the wall bullshit just to get their power back.
[/quote] The deomocratic party does not care  about the state of america, they just want to get their power back. Kerry is willing to just completely crap on the truth and tell everyone exactly what they want to hear to get elected. Insanity.
October 29, 2004, 1:26 PM
vonLandenhausen
one cannot say that all democtrats are crazy since the doing of single person NEVER represents all. :-X
October 29, 2004, 1:53 PM
jigsaw
Well lets see, Clinton wasa terrible president....  Clinton is the reason 9/11 was possible, nothing to beef or prevent homeland security. You need to prevent things, not wait until they happen.  Republicans know this.  And the majority of democrate view on healthcare, education, stem cell research, abortion, etc... is idiotic. This country is losing its values because of liberal media, and lack of solid foundation on which people base their lives...
October 29, 2004, 3:42 PM
peofeoknight
the democrat party uses the issues like political footballs and donot really careabout the state of the nation.
October 29, 2004, 3:47 PM
crashtestdummy
No politician in America cares about America... they just want the position. If you are going to blame 9/11 on clinton you should just go ahead and blame every president America has had. If republicans are so good at preparing what was Bush doing to prepare for attacks like this before 9/11?
And it's really smart to sit there and say that because one person who is registered as a Democrat did some stupid shit all democrats are crazy.
That would be like me sitting on this forum and listening to the "Republicans" spout off crap about democrats and how thay are all hypocrites and swindlers and making the assumption that all republicans can't see past their noses.
October 29, 2004, 8:22 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=muert0 link=topic=9349.msg86541#msg86541 date=1099081352]
That would be like me sitting on this forum and listening to the "Republicans" spout off crap about democrats and how thay are all hypocrites and swindlers and making the assumption that all republicans can't see past their noses.
[/quote] haven't things to that extent been said on these forums? Okay, one democrat goes and tries to hit corrine brown, another democrat steals bush signs and puts up kerry signs, a bunch of newly registered voters are democrat, but for some reason, a lot of them here in duval county happen to be dead or people registered several times. I think the democrats have a greater tendancy to commit fraud and do stuff like this then republicans do. I can only think of maybe two instances where republicans have done underhanded things like this. One is watergate.
October 29, 2004, 9:39 PM
Kp
[quote author=muert0 link=topic=9349.msg86541#msg86541 date=1099081352]No politician in America cares about America... they just want the position.[/quote]

That's a rather broad generalization to make, and shows you clearly haven't run into the full political spectrum yet.  Consider the politicians who seek a position and state up front that they plan to reassign its responsibilities so that the position can cease to exist.  If they wanted to hold the position, that's a rather bad approach to take, no?

[quote author=muert0 link=topic=9349.msg86541#msg86541 date=1099081352]If you are going to blame 9/11 on clinton you should just go ahead and blame every president America has had.[/quote]

Another unreasonable, but hardly unexpected, exaggeration.  Keep in mind that any administration inherits the work of the last several terms (strictly speaking, you may be correct, but for simplicity's sake we can assume that any serious defects can be corrected within some small number of terms).  The current Bush had to make do with the remnants of the military and intelligence communities that survived the Clinton era.  Clinton in turn had to deal with things that began during the term of Bush Sr. (though I do not know of any serious handicaps offhand, I doubt any president leaves office with no deficiencies for his successor to combat).  It's entirely unreasonable to assume that each new administration truly gets a blank slate.  We don't stop having allies (or enemies) overseas just because a new president has been sworn in, nor does the economy reset to a neutral state, etc.  The new president can (and should) work to correct deficiencies left by his predecessor, but motivation alone is not enough.  Some enemies (and I include in this nations/groups that just try to make life difficult for the U.S. but would never engage in armed conflict) may have sworn that they will never stop being our enemy, in which case it doesn't matter how much the administration tries, it cannot win that situation.  The government can manipulate the economy, but cannot instantly move us from recession to boom by a decree that all shall now be right with the economy.

[quote author=muert0 link=topic=9349.msg86541#msg86541 date=1099081352]If republicans are so good at preparing what was Bush doing to prepare for attacks like this before 9/11?[/quote]

Let's consider a hypothetical.  One day, with no warning, someone breaks into your home and steals your TV.  You didn't know it was going to happen that day and you weren't even home at the time, so he (or she) escapes with your TV.  Why weren't you prepared?  You knew it could happen, since homes are not proof against burglary.  You didn't prepare because there's other things that require your time, and you cannot spend your life preparing for every bad situation that might happen - there's just too many of them, and you'd never get anything useful done.

To tie this back to the real world, consider how many services our society relies on every day for things to get done: traffic control, power, Internet access, water/wastewater systems, etc.  A disruption to any one of those would be at the least disturbing, and possibly dangerous (e.g. hospital loses main and backup power => everybody on life support dies).  We should be prepared for all the possibilities, but think about the cost involved.  Redundancy alone is not sufficient if you're trying to defend against a malicious entity (as opposed to defending against random natural failures), since such an entity can make arrangements to disrupt the primary and secondary (and tertiary and ...) systems in parallel, thus defeating the value of redundancy.  Instead, you need to protect the system from being disrupted at all.

In an ideal defensive situation, all threats could be neutralized before they cause problems, but the resources (in manpower and equipment) to make that a reality are too expensive, so we compromise.  We scan people at the airport and hope that stops someone from smuggling weapons onboard.  We put cameras in banks and hope that the camera will get a good enough image that we can capture/convict robbers.  The list goes on.  When (or if) you finish the list, consider how much it'd cost to be able to guarantee that the named problem cannot cause serious disruption (for banks: the robber is captured, no money is lost, no patrons are injured; for airports: nobody misses his/her flight due to screening delays, no unauthorized people attain control of the airplane, no passengers/crew are injured).
October 29, 2004, 10:29 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=jigsaw link=topic=9349.msg86490#msg86490 date=1099029672]
This is a scary time.... Voting this next month is extremely important, and I fear for America. Especially in California and all 16 propositions. I promise you, that if by off chance Kerry becomes president.... he will be assasinated, for the better of America.
[/quote]

Well, his initials are JFK.
October 29, 2004, 10:31 PM
DrivE
No politician in America cares about America... they just want the position.[/quote]
I know several congressman personally, and have spoken to Jeb Bush a number of times, as well as have met many major political figures. For instance, Democratic Congressman Jim Davis and Republican Congressman Bilarakis are certainly not as youu describe. It shows how little you are in touch with politics.

If you are going to blame 9/11 on clinton you should just go ahead and blame every president America has had.[/quote]
Wrong again. You should read the book "Intelligence Failure" as I have suggested many times. It goes into great detail about the information President Clinton had about an al-Qaeda planned attack and his failure to act.

If republicans are so good at preparing what was Bush doing to prepare for attacks like this before 9/11?[/quote]
The damange done by Clinton the the national security system was too extensive to be repaired so greatly so quickly, and thats a fact. There just was too much to do and not enough time to do it.

[/quote]
In case you haven't noticed yet, you do do that. Is it only okay for you, Arta, and Adron to make broad generalizations about people who believe otherwise?
October 30, 2004, 2:26 AM
jigsaw
Bottom line is this.. Soon republicans will hold the house and the senate and be president k thx.
October 30, 2004, 3:43 AM
hismajesty
Soon? We do right now. :)
October 30, 2004, 10:29 AM
jigsaw
Again. :)
October 30, 2004, 4:27 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=jigsaw link=topic=9349.msg86579#msg86579 date=1099107815]
Bottom line is this.. Soon republicans will hold the house and the senate and be president k thx.
[/quote] And?
October 30, 2004, 10:12 PM
Forged
[quote]Okay, one democrat goes and tries to hit corrine brown, another democrat steals bush signs and puts up kerry signs[/quote]

Pat Robertson
Rush Limbaugh
Ann Coulter
Micheal Savage
Billy Graham
Fred Phelps
Randall Terry
Ralph Reed

Need I name more crazy ass republicans?
October 31, 2004, 8:14 PM
DrivE
I can name a ton of crazy ass Democrats.

Ted Kennedy... every major news network anchor...
October 31, 2004, 8:22 PM
Mephisto
Are there any democrats on this forum besides me?  Seems to be that every single thread on this forum in regards to republicans and democrats is a strong support for the republican party, and hatred towards the democratic party.  :P
October 31, 2004, 8:57 PM
Forged
well I am not a republicam, but that is not to say I don't hate the democrats.
October 31, 2004, 9:08 PM
crashtestdummy
I think people basing all of their faith in someone just because they are a certain party is ignorant.
October 31, 2004, 9:59 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=9349.msg86546#msg86546 date=1099085951]
[/quote] haven't things to that extent been said on these forums? Okay, one democrat goes and tries to hit corrine brown, another democrat steals bush signs and puts up kerry signs, a bunch of newly registered voters are democrat, but for some reason, a lot of them here in duval county happen to be dead or people registered several times. I think the democrats have a greater tendancy to commit fraud and do stuff like this then republicans do. I can only think of maybe two instances where republicans have done underhanded things like this. One is watergate.
[/quote]

Uh, my friends steal Kerry signs & burn them... same thing no?
October 31, 2004, 10:10 PM
DrivE
[quote author=muert0 link=topic=9349.msg86858#msg86858 date=1099259950]
I think people basing all of their faith in someone just because they are a certain party is ignorant.
[/quote]

I think basing your hatred on someone just because they are a certain party is just as ignorant.
October 31, 2004, 10:28 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=9349.msg86860#msg86860 date=1099260605]
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=9349.msg86546#msg86546 date=1099085951]
[/quote]

Uh, my friends steal Kerry signs & burn them... same thing no?
[/quote] This was not on your news but here in our county a lady had close to 1,000 that she had stolen before she was arrested. That was what I was commenting about.
October 31, 2004, 10:35 PM
crashtestdummy
[quote author=Hazard link=topic=9349.msg86863#msg86863 date=1099261717]
[/quote]

I think basing your hatred on someone just because they are a certain party is just as ignorant.
[/quote]
I agree.
November 1, 2004, 2:15 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=muert0 link=topic=9349.msg86949#msg86949 date=1099275321]
[quote author=Hazard link=topic=9349.msg86863#msg86863 date=1099261717]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree.
[/quote] That is why I hate everyone equally  :D
November 1, 2004, 2:23 AM

Search