Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Height of Hypocrisy

AuthorMessageTime
peofeoknight
Last week corrine brown and jessy jackson showed up at our early voting place and started putting pressure on the white polling supervisor guy saying that he was trying to keep the black people down and not letting them vote, because there was only one location. All the while Corrine's officials were handing out little voter cheat sheets "corrines picks" at the polling place. Right at the place. Which is very illegal. She did not get in trouble, no one did crap. I find this very outrageous. This is the height of hypocrisy. She complains about some false fraud while she commits it.

edit:spelling
October 27, 2004, 12:53 AM
DrivE
Typical democrat scare tactics. Its why Republicans have poll observers and poll watchers, to watch for voter fraud and alert law enforcment if it becomes an issue.
October 27, 2004, 1:15 AM
Arta
It would be very naive to think that some republican supporters aren't guily of the same thing.
October 27, 2004, 3:28 PM
DrivE
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=9331.msg86320#msg86320 date=1098890899]
It would be very naive to think that some republican supporters aren't guily of the same thing.
[/quote]

From experience I can see I have never seen it before or heard any credible report of it happening.
October 27, 2004, 10:07 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=9331.msg86320#msg86320 date=1098890899]
[/quote] I have never heard of it happening.

Someone is going to say the Florida election debacle, but really that was more democrat tampering. A highly democratic supreme court said lets recount this county, this county, and this one, and basically the Florida supreme court went against the law. The supreme court had to shut them down.
October 27, 2004, 10:24 PM
hismajesty
It's obvious the winner of this election won't be determined until after Tuesday, sadly.

The left has thousands of lawyers ready to be deployed to the polling precincts (in fact, they're already there) to make sure the republicans don't violate any rules. I'm working the polls and my city's republican organization invited the leadership from my school's young republicans club to one of their meetings. They were warning us to make sure we don't do anything remotely bad, or even anything that can be spun to be used against us. Apparently, these lawyers have been told to lie and say the republicans committed voter intimidation.

My grandmother lives in Florida, she flew up here yesterday and was telling me that many Floridians have been calling state offices complaining about the Democrats pressuring them when they vote early.
October 27, 2004, 10:28 PM
DrivE
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=9331.msg86357#msg86357 date=1098916094]
It's obvious the winner of this election won't be determined until after Tuesday, sadly.

The left has thousands of lawyers ready to be deployed to the polling precincts (in fact, they're already there) to make sure the republicans don't violate any rules. I'm working the polls and my city's republican organization invited the leadership from my school's young republicans club to one of their meetings. They were warning us to make sure we don't do anything remotely bad, or even anything that can be spun to be used against us. Apparently, these lawyers have been told to lie and say the republicans committed voter intimidation.

My grandmother lives in Florida, she flew up here yesterday and was telling me that many Floridians have been calling state offices complaining about the Democrats pressuring them when they vote early.
[/quote]

Today I had two lawyers arrested for voter fraud. While our Republican poll observer was absent, they began handing campaign buttons, bumper stickers, and their personal literature on the amendments concerning which to vote for/against. This is obviously highly illegal, and the police were notified by our lawyers.
October 28, 2004, 1:50 AM
peofeoknight
go team!
October 28, 2004, 3:04 AM
hismajesty
Aren't we allowed to hand out literature as long as the voters want it?
October 28, 2004, 10:19 AM
peofeoknight
Well you cant campaign... I think it is in withing 500 feet of a polling place.
October 28, 2004, 10:23 AM
DrivE
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=9331.msg86404#msg86404 date=1098958791]
Aren't we allowed to hand out literature as long as the voters want it?
[/quote]

You're not allowed to approach voters in and around the polling area just as you are not allowed to stand right next to the door waving signs for your candidate.
October 28, 2004, 11:04 AM
CrAz3D
There is a guy on the corner, near the voting area, that has a Gary King sign.  Gary King being a democrat running for Congress.
October 28, 2004, 10:29 PM

Search