Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Guild Wars

AuthorMessageTime
Invert
http://www.guildwars.com/preview/default.html
October 25, 2004, 4:56 AM
Mitosis
thanks for the link, that game looks pretty sweet! i may get that over wow, now. graphics are good and gameplay looks cool so ill just have to give it a shot
October 25, 2004, 11:43 AM
SKiLLs
I'm going to be there, anyone else going?
October 27, 2004, 12:47 AM
Newby
I'm here. The name is Newby Haxors. :)
October 30, 2004, 6:14 PM
KoRRuPT
I've downloaded it, its.. meh not good not bad.
October 30, 2004, 6:21 PM
DOOM
There were copies of it handed out with my college's newspaper on Thursday.  Haven't tried it out yet though.  My friends seem to like okay.
October 30, 2004, 11:00 PM
Invert
The game is kick ass for being a free MMORPG.
It's like Diablo but it's an MMORPG.
October 31, 2004, 3:12 AM
KoRRuPT
[quote] The game is kick ass for being a free MMORPG.
It's like Diablo but it's an MMORPG.[/quote]

Are you saying Diablo isn't a MMORPG? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Diablo a MMORPG too?

Mega Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game
October 31, 2004, 5:01 AM
Newby
First M is wrong.
October 31, 2004, 5:43 AM
Spht
[quote author=Akamas link=topic=9310.msg86737#msg86737 date=1099198882]
[quote] The game is kick ass for being a free MMORPG.
It's like Diablo but it's an MMORPG.[/quote]

Are you saying Diablo isn't a MMORPG? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Diablo a MMORPG too?

Mega Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game
[/quote]

Diablo is not a MMORPG.  Acronyms aren't defined by their acronyms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMORPG
October 31, 2004, 5:58 AM
Invert
Massive, Diablo is not massive unless you think Massive means 8 players (Am I right 8 players at most in D2?)
October 31, 2004, 5:59 AM
KoRRuPT
[quote] Massive, Diablo is not massive unless you think Massive means 8 players (Am I right 8 players at most in D2?)[/quote]

My bad.
October 31, 2004, 6:36 AM
Soul Taker
GW isn't even really an MMORPG, per se.  It's max level is only 20 and it's about skill in PVP, not about running around level grinding and such, which is awesome.
October 31, 2004, 7:18 AM
warz
I don't like it. I don't like how you can only be in games with like 8 or 12 people. I like how everquest is.. even when you're not logged in, the world is still running.
October 31, 2004, 8:16 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=warz link=topic=9310.msg86762#msg86762 date=1099210612]
I don't like it. I don't like how you can only be in games with like 8 or 12 people. I like how everquest is.. even when you're not logged in, the world is still running.
[/quote]
Are you talking about GW? How is this game considered MMO if only 12 people can be in a game? Last I checked, MMO games have thousands of players playing simultaneously.
October 31, 2004, 12:19 PM
Soul Taker
[quote author=warz link=topic=9310.msg86762#msg86762 date=1099210612]
[/quote]
Yea it's much better in WoW, where you have to wait in line for an hour for a quest monster to respawn and then try to kill it before the rest of people waiting for it to respawn do.  Trust me, it's like, the most fun ever to sit around all day waiting to have fun.
October 31, 2004, 1:58 PM
Mitosis
holy shit that games is sweet, i played it for like 5 hours straight yesterday
October 31, 2004, 2:14 PM
warz
Yes I was talking about Guild Wars. It isn't very massive. I was impressed by the graphics though.
October 31, 2004, 2:46 PM
Invert
Guild Wars has [red]thousands[/red] of players playing at the same time that is called Massive. You can only get to lvl 20 in the public beta test. You need to go to the Guild Wars website and learn more about the game before you post crap about it.
November 1, 2004, 8:12 PM
Magickian
[quote author=Soul Taker link=topic=9310.msg86785#msg86785 date=1099231083]
Yea it's much better in WoW, where you have to wait in line for an hour for a quest monster to respawn and then try to kill it before the rest of people waiting for it to respawn do.  Trust me, it's like, the most fun ever to sit around all day waiting to have fun.
[/quote]

I've never had to wait for over 10 minutes for a quest mob to spawn in WoW (nameds included).  The only ones where there are problems is on collection quests involving having to kill multiple X creatures, these usually get overloaded especially in newbie zones, but again, waiting a few minutes at a spawn loc can get you the monster.  I usually just work on something else though until that area's cleared.  Unlike everquest, there's more than five quests in the game past level 5, and there's always other zones at equal level to hike to.  As for guild wars, I downloaded the stress test, but never got past creating my character.  I don't care too much for PVP based games, tends to bring out the worst in me and eventually ends in exploitation and an eventual ban.
November 1, 2004, 10:52 PM
warz
[quote author=Invert link=topic=9310.msg87044#msg87044 date=1099339978]
Guild Wars has [red]thousands[/red] of players playing at the same time that is called Massive. You can only get to lvl 20 in the public beta test. You need to go to the Guild Wars website and learn more about the game before you post crap about it.
[/quote]

Did participating in the recent beta test count? Because if it did, then I know what I'm talking about and I still stand beside my opinion. I think it was repetitive. I got bored with it after my group did the tournament crap for like 2 hours of straight winning.
November 2, 2004, 3:36 AM
Soul Taker
[quote author=Magickian link=topic=9310.msg87060#msg87060 date=1099349523]
[quote author=Soul Taker link=topic=9310.msg86785#msg86785 date=1099231083]
[/quote]

I've never had to wait for over 10 minutes for a quest mob to spawn in WoW (nameds included).  The only ones where there are problems is on collection quests involving having to kill multiple X creatures, these usually get overloaded especially in newbie zones, but again, waiting a few minutes at a spawn loc can get you the monster.  I usually just work on something else though until that area's cleared.  Unlike everquest, there's more than five quests in the game past level 5, and there's always other zones at equal level to hike to.  As for guild wars, I downloaded the stress test, but never got past creating my character.  I don't care too much for PVP based games, tends to bring out the worst in me and eventually ends in exploitation and an eventual ban.
[/quote]
Well, I only played the stress test, and it was very overloaded.
But yes, the amount of lower-level quests is really great, though honestly they bore me after a while.  But, at least it gives something to do other than grind.
November 2, 2004, 2:06 PM

Search