Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Help with color things

AuthorMessageTime
EviL_MarinE
Hey, i want to do:

[code]
      If Left(Text1.Text, 1) <> "/" Then Display ChatRoom, True, True, vbCyan, "<" & frmLogin.txtUsername & "> " & vbWhite, Text1.Text
[/code]

But i get the error:
"Wrong number of  Arguements Or invalid Property Assigment"

I think its to do with the Display function and im not saying for it to do 2 colours, well heres my display function:

[code]
Public Function Display(ByVal TextObject As RichTextBox, ByVal NewLine As Boolean, ByVal TimeStamp As Boolean, ByVal TextColor As Long, ByVal Text As String)

TextObject.SelStart = Len(TextObject.Text)

If NewLine = True And TextObject.Text <> "" Then TextObject.SelText = TextObject.SelText & vbCrLf

If TimeStamp = True Then

TextObject.SelColor = &H8000000F
        TextObject.SelText = TextObject.SelText & "=[" & Time & "]= "

End If

TextObject.SelColor = TextColor
    TextObject.SelText = TextObject.SelText & Text
    TextObject.SelStart = Len(TextObject.Text)

End Function

[/code]

If any1 could reply with what i shud add to let it do 2 colours in one line, i will great thank them!
October 24, 2004, 6:26 PM
shadypalm88
[quote author=EviL_MarinE link=topic=9299.msg85929#msg85929 date=1098642374]
[quote]If Left(Text1.Text, 1) <> "/" Then Display ChatRoom, True, True, vbCyan, "<" & frmLogin.txtUsername & "> " [u]& vbWhite, Text1.Text[/u][/quote][/quote]You can't do that with yours.  You're displaying the person's username and the code for the color white in [color=cyan]cyan[/color], and then an extra argument (that has no place to go) containing the text.  You'll need to do:
[code]If Left(Text1.Text, 1) <> "/" Then
    Display ChatRoom, True, True, vbCyan, "<" & frmLogin.txtUsername & "> "
    Display ChatRoom, False, False, vbWhite, Text1.Text
End If[/code]
October 24, 2004, 7:03 PM
EviL_MarinE
Wowoowowow thanks it worked
love ya dude ;)
October 24, 2004, 7:11 PM

Search