Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

AuthorMessageTime
DarknessXX
OMG!! Im SOO Confused!! Ive Been Trying To Make A Bnet Bot For TWO DAYS And Im Geting NOWERE!!! :o
   All I Have Been Able To Do So Far Is Send Packet 0x50 and Packet 0x25 To Battle.Net For Starcraft Using BNCS. Im Stuck On Packet 0x51!!!
  Could some one plllease help me out, im looing sleep!!  :'( ;D ;) :o ??? :P
October 18, 2004, 10:01 PM
DarknessXX
GAW! I For Got to Say What Language Im useing,  :-\
  Its VB6, Again Please Help!!!
October 18, 2004, 10:03 PM
Quarantine
OMG TWO WHOLE DAYS1?
October 18, 2004, 10:25 PM
Minux
It took me roughly (when I was beginning) about half a month to figure out the connections and stuff for a "bot". Don't expect to figure everything out in two days.
October 18, 2004, 11:14 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Minus link=topic=9219.msg85070#msg85070 date=1098141248]
It took me roughly (when I was beginning) about half a month to figure out the connections and stuff for a "bot". Don't expect to figure everything out in two days.
[/quote]

Same here.  Read up, don't be a lamer asking for information.  Offer help in areas in which you are experienced, and then people will be more willing to help you later.  That's what I did.  Muwahahahahaha!  It was all a ploy!
October 18, 2004, 11:38 PM
iago
I took substantially longer than that.  This was before there was a thriving bot development community, and it was just me and a packetsniffer trying to map out the packets, particularely 0x0F.  Those were the days *sigh*
October 18, 2004, 11:52 PM
kamakazie
[quote author=iago link=topic=9219.msg85081#msg85081 date=1098143545]
I took substantially longer than that.  This was before there was a thriving bot development community, and it was just me and a packetsniffer trying to map out the packets, particularely 0x0F.  Those were the days *sigh*
[/quote]

Oh the fun days...when I thought SID_PING was a keepalive value and didn't know a whole lot about the other packets.  Of course, there was no public documentation of the protocol.  Fun fun.
October 19, 2004, 12:34 PM
LivedKrad
Let's make an entire thread so everyone can sit and tickle their nostalgic side. *not* What's more important is the fact that the BNCS protocol information is posted everywhere on this forum and Mr. Guy decided he'd bug people with his weird grammar structure and annoying sentence syntax. Anyway, 0mG tHe 0lD DaYs were L33T We DidDn'T GeTT No HeLp L4m3r l0lll.
October 19, 2004, 5:01 PM
iago
Yeah, he's obviously somebody who is a regular here, or somewhere nearby, and decided to be a moron to see what kind of reactions he'd get.  But nostalgia is good :)
October 19, 2004, 5:03 PM
Minux
When I say I figured out the connection in half a month, I did however use a premade 0x51 until I figured out how to do it myself with a public released Broken SHA-1 version. However, one thing I never did fully understand was Checkrevision. I still to this day am not 100% certain of the processes it uses to calculate the checksum.

One thing I would like to know though, is the difference between Yobguls/Skywing [BNLS]'s/Battle.net's Checkrevisions.
October 19, 2004, 9:28 PM
bethra
It took me almost 2 month to even understand the concepts involved with sending and recieving packets.  Once I under stood the concepts it made it a whole lot easier to do the rest.

Note, when I first started I just ignored the SID_PING (0x25) since it isn't required to be sent.

I learned so much just by learning to send 0x50, recieve it, send 0x51, and recieve it.

Ofcourse  asking for help, for instance, here at the BotDev forum you can learn quite a bit.

I look back and see how tedious it would be to answer such a request as yours.

Look at the BotDev References forum.  Now that I look back, I made a couple of posts that were unecessary if I had looked there first.

Good luck, have fun.
October 19, 2004, 9:43 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Minus link=topic=9219.msg85240#msg85240 date=1098221292]
One thing I would like to know though, is the difference between Yobguls/Skywing [BNLS]'s/Battle.net's Checkrevisions.
[/quote]

Speed wise I'd say:
Skywing's > Battle.net's > Yobguls'
October 19, 2004, 9:53 PM
DarknessXX
  Ty all, by the way im not crazy. However i did read grok's post on tips for getting responces and liked the idea on caping every word, useing lots of !!!!!, useing lots of caps, and smilys.  :) ;) :D ;D :o >:( :(
  So yea i am a good VB6 programer and will help any one in any way i can, and ill check that fourm you talked about. as far as figureing out the login i hope bnet docs, posts, a packet logger, and lots of coffee will get me through.  Hopefully still sain.  :P Its also quite horrifying that 2 days is just a scratch at the vast sea of long hours on the comp. :-\

..ohh and thankyou for your help, and many humorous reactions.  8) ;D :D ;)
October 19, 2004, 10:50 PM
Skywing
[quote author=Minus link=topic=9219.msg85240#msg85240 date=1098221292]
When I say I figured out the connection in half a month, I did however use a premade 0x51 until I figured out how to do it myself with a public released Broken SHA-1 version. However, one thing I never did fully understand was Checkrevision. I still to this day am not 100% certain of the processes it uses to calculate the checksum.

[/quote]
The one BNLS uses compiles the formula into machine code and executes it directly, somewhat similar to how Blizzard's works.  However, there are other optimizations ours uses -- such as not re-creating the sections each time through, and caching results since Battle.net doesn't generate a random string each time you connect (instead, there is a pool of strings server-side, and you get one of these each time you connect.  The server rerandomizes the pool every few minutes).
October 19, 2004, 11:04 PM

Search