Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | need help to get started

AuthorMessageTime
Menehunes
ok 1st i am not shure if this is the board to ask this question but o well [says to self *i hope this is the right board*]
ok where would i go to start learning how to do the command setup for the bot on visual basic? would i go to the visual basic board and ask?

if this is the wrong board i am very sorry >.<
October 18, 2004, 4:15 AM
TangoFour
What exactly do you mean by command setup?
October 18, 2004, 12:02 PM
Menehunes
like where do i go to start setting up the bot program thing with visual basic
October 19, 2004, 12:06 AM
St0rm.iD
I don't think you know enough to make a bot...yet. Try making some simple programs first so you know what you're doing.
October 19, 2004, 1:08 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Banana fanna fo fanna link=topic=9210.msg85118#msg85118 date=1098148116]
I don't think you know enough to make a bot...yet. Try making some simple programs first so you know what you're doing.
[/quote]

awww cm0n I r t3h l33t b0t m4k3r! ph33r my m4d sk1llz! 
October 19, 2004, 1:26 AM
DarknessXX
Well.. im in  the same boat as you.. kind of. My boats a little better  :P
  And by the way the best way to start makeing a bnet bot for VB6 is to do the following:
1) Visit Bnetdocs, (the fist time you go there it will all be greek to you)
2) Search for info on VB's Winsock
3) Check out the MSDN at mircosoft.com to learn more on it and how to make it work.
4) Make a telnet bot, there is a good tutoral by grok. (Search and you shal find)
5) Read bentdocs again (It will start to look like english)
6) Find some source and study it while working on your first binary bot, you should at least make it past the 0x51 packet.
7) Read many more posts and post some your self to help you past 0x51. (this is where i am stuck)
8) Lots of coffee will help the long nights go bye while you make many stabs in the dark about hashing and get past bnets many spike pits made to make programers like us go off the rail.  :P
October 19, 2004, 11:41 PM
Brandon
[quote]
Well.. im in  the same boat as you.. kind of. My boats a little better 
  And by the way the best way to start makeing a bnet bot for VB6 is to do the following:
1) Visit Bnetdocs, (the fist time you go there it will all be greek to you)
2) Search for info on VB's Winsock
3) Check out the MSDN at mircosoft.com to learn more on it and how to make it work.
4) Make a telnet bot, there is a good tutoral by grok. (Search and you shal find)
5) Read bentdocs again (It will start to look like english)
6) Find some source and study it while working on your first binary bot, you should at least make it past the 0x51 packet.
7) Read many more posts and post some your self to help you past 0x51. (this is where i am stuck)
Lots of coffee will help the long nights go bye while you make many stabs in the dark about hashing and get past bnets many spike pits made to make programers like us go off the rail.    [/quote]
Or you could just read some books, and start learning VB a lot better so you don't have all the trouble of not understand the tutorials that you read.  In any case it is a much better idea to learn the language and to understand/comprehend it before you go into a project of that magnitude.
October 19, 2004, 11:46 PM
Imperceptus
Making a bot is alot like making a good map for starcraft; warcraft... etc....  Do not plan on doing it in 1 sitting, It will take a good bit of time if you know what your doing and dont plan on sleeping.  Best to get a book like vb for dummies(no offense).  I suggest starting with a good Book.  If you dont like to spend 30 bucks or so then you can look on the bnetdocs or you can search MSDN or even google for help. 

Remember Programming is more like art.

fixed spelling errors
October 20, 2004, 7:46 PM

Search