Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Playing CDS put in CDROM

AuthorMessageTime
EviL_MarinE
Hey, my media player will play .WAV .Mp3 .WMA .MID .MIDI .DAT .AVI .MPEG and .MPG

I put in .CDA cos i think its for reading cds in the cdrom.
In the D:\ Drive no Tracks appear of whats in my cdrom, What is it to read CDS ?
October 13, 2004, 7:39 PM
EviL_MarinE
Hmm, i was trying all last night and it aint working hehe
if any1 can, as soon as poss will you repsond, thx in advance ^.~
October 14, 2004, 3:58 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=EviL_MarinE link=topic=9139.msg84245#msg84245 date=1097696365]
Hey, my media player will play .WAV .Mp3 .WMA .MID .MIDI .DAT .AVI .MPEG and .MPG

I put in .CDA cos i think its for reading cds in the cdrom.
In the D:\ Drive no Tracks appear of whats in my cdrom, What is it to read CDS ?
[/quote]

You cant use a .CDA in that mannor, the .CDA file is what tells the CD-Rom where to look for the hidden .WAV file on the CD itself.

Edit: That is if I remember correctly..
October 14, 2004, 4:09 PM
EviL_MarinE
well i have .wav in there right. i put my cd in, click "Open file" on my media player, select .wav and go to "Audio D:\" and no tracks appear, help? :P
October 14, 2004, 4:22 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Just have it show every file in the CD.
October 14, 2004, 4:44 PM
dRAgoN
[quote]Microsoft

CD Audio Track (.cda)
Versions of Windows Media Player that support this file type: • Windows Media Player 7
• Windows Media Player for Windows XP
• Windows Media Player 9 Series
CD Audio (.cda) tracks are audio files that are stored on CD media. You can play .cda files only from a CD-ROM. As a result, a sample file cannot be included in this article for you to play. To test a .cda file, either try to play a different .cda file from your CD-ROM or try to play a .cda file from a different CD-ROM. The .cda files are representations of CD audio tracks and do not contain the actual pulse code modulation (PCM) information. You cannot play the file if you copy a .cda file from the CD-ROM to your hard disk.
[/quote]
I couldent find the link I was looking for but thats sorta what I was getting at with the .CDA files, been awhile.

[quote author=EviL_MarinE link=topic=9139.msg84375#msg84375 date=1097770960]
well i have .wav in there right. i put my cd in, click "Open file" on my media player, select .wav and go to "Audio D:\" and no tracks appear, help? :P
[/quote]

I'm not completely sure what your trying to do lol but you cant actually see the .WAV files that are on the CD.
October 14, 2004, 4:44 PM
EviL_MarinE
Dragon, listen
you know "Windows Media Player" - Well when you put CD in it plays the music of it.

I want it to do that on mine!

thx in advance :)
October 14, 2004, 5:48 PM
Tuberload
So the solution then would be to take the information dragon has been kind enough to give you, figure out how to use the cda files to find the appropriate media file, and play it?
October 14, 2004, 8:32 PM
EviL_MarinE
hmm ok, i tried it and it get on my media player

"A Unknown error occured"
I'll carry on with my self figuring it out, thx for help guys! BYE
October 14, 2004, 8:59 PM
Dyndrilliac
Use the Microsoft Multimedia Control.
October 17, 2004, 3:01 PM

Search