Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Slight Bot Disconnection Problem

AuthorMessageTime
iNsAnE-MS
Um, I guess let me give a little background information... I'm an Archmage and botmaster for a USEast Diablo 2 clan called Mystic Shadows. The bot I'm using is a custom combination info/mod bot which I wrote specifically for this clan, and I started writing it probably almost 2 years ago. The bot wasn't being used for about 6 months, but a month ago I brought the bot back online again, and it seems every so often battle.net disconnects me for apparently no reason. I'm not sure why... I have a Keep-Alive function to keep battle.net from disconnecting me set to send '/whoami' every 15 minutes and an anti-flood mechanism (2030ms per packet + 15ms per byte) that rarely ever lets me down, but it just seems that after long periods of being connected Battle.Net disconnects me. Is that normal?
October 13, 2004, 5:16 AM
iago
That keepalive is probably too much, but paranoid is better than getting banned.

I think the original game client sends SID_NULL to the server every minute or so, and doesn't send any other kind of anti-idle  That seems to work well for me.
October 13, 2004, 4:54 PM
Soul Taker
The original client sends ad banner requests every fifteen seconds or so also.
October 13, 2004, 6:05 PM

Search