Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | B.net Icons - The How To (Help!)

AuthorMessageTime
AoH-Silence
ok I have Visual Basic 6 Enterprize Edition and I am trying to get B.net Icons to display infront of the names. I have a ListView1 and ImageList1 (named as ClientIcons) and they have the image and everything alright. But I do not know what to do from there. can anyone provide some intel? Please and Thank you. Thx for your time and effort in advance.

October 12, 2004, 3:35 AM
AoH-Silence
Also (sorry for double post) I have tried a method thx to a friend and here are the results:

[img]http://img35.exs.cx/img35/3031/bneticon1.png[/img]

Then once Debug is pressed:

[img]http://img35.exs.cx/img35/333/bneticon2.png[/img]

Thx again everyone for taking the time to look at this and help a fellow programmer  :)
October 12, 2004, 3:52 AM
Grok
Your ImageList control does not have any icons in it.
October 12, 2004, 4:03 AM
AoH-Silence
ohh but it does, do I put anything in the Tag and Key fields?
October 12, 2004, 4:29 AM
Stealth
[quote author=Grok link=topic=9108.msg84053#msg84053 date=1097553794]
Your ImageList control does not have any icons in it.
[/quote]

Or, the ListView's .Icons / .SmallIcons property isn't set to your image list.

Edit: Tag and Key fields are not required, but you may use them if you find it convenient.
October 12, 2004, 4:45 AM
Grok
As Stealth said,

ListView1.Icons = ImageList1
or
ListView1.SmallIcons = ImageList1
October 12, 2004, 2:54 PM
Myndfyr
Egad!  Rename it from ImageList1!  How the hell are you supposed to know what ImageList1 does as opposed to ImageList2 when you have 10 Image List objects?!?  Don't document code; let your code document itself!!!
October 13, 2004, 2:24 AM
AoH-Silence
ok I have decided to look at my imagelist and completly remove and add again, this will result in the lost of my icons. Does anyone know where I can find the basic icons? (starx, star, jsr, jsrx, war2, war3, etc.)I dont need ladder and normal game stat icons. thx!
October 14, 2004, 12:42 AM
LivedKrad
And then, once you've readded all of the icons, will you not again have the some problem of initializing your imagelist object?
October 17, 2004, 5:32 PM
HdxBmx27
[img]http://deadly7.uni.cc/HdxBmx27/icons.JPG[/img]
Right click your channel list.
Goto properties.
Vlivk the Icons tab
Set the "Small" Setting to your image list.
Hit apply.
Have fun it *should* work If not tell us so.
Also you are in need of images?
A few i've collected
Have fun.
~-~(HDX)~-~
October 24, 2004, 11:05 AM
Grok
[quote author=AoH-Silence link=topic=9108.msg84297#msg84297 date=1097714551]
ok I have decided to look at my imagelist and completly remove and add again, this will result in the lost of my icons. Does anyone know where I can find the basic icons? (starx, star, jsr, jsrx, war2, war3, etc.)I dont need ladder and normal game stat icons. thx!
[/quote]

Not necessary!  Extract the individual icons from the bni at runtime, load them into the imagelist at runtime with LoadPicture(), but keep the extracted icons as default images for when bncs does not provide you an icon you had previously (this might never happen, but design for robustness).
October 24, 2004, 3:44 PM

Search