Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Reversing Starcraft

AuthorMessageTime
prck
Well, I have written my own bot for personal use in vb using BNLS. I've been wanted to locally hash my bot for some time now. I know their are alternatives I could use(NLS.dll/BnetAuth.dll/etc..) but I would rather do this on my own. I probably will never accomplish this goal on my own, but it will be a good experience, and I'll try hard. Anyways, what do you guys suggest I read up on? I have some knowledge of C++, and is ASM necessary to know how to reverse? Any other suggestions or things I should be familiar with?
October 11, 2004, 8:11 PM
iago
Assembly is very important to know.  So is proper use of a debugger.  Talk to me on aim and I can help point you in the right direction.
October 11, 2004, 8:45 PM
UserLoser.
Get IDA and WinDbg.  Can find WinDbg on microsoft.com, and I'm not sure if IDA is free for download
October 11, 2004, 11:36 PM
iago
IDA isn't.  I talked to him on aim, and gave him the list of all the debuggers I know, and the pros/cons.  I really ought to learn WinDbg, I told him it's good but that I've never taken the time to learn it.
October 11, 2004, 11:48 PM
Newby
Eibro says it's the best!
October 11, 2004, 11:52 PM
drivehappy
Personally I like OllyDbg for reversing, in addtion to the VS debugger for my own code.
October 12, 2004, 2:52 AM

Search