Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | Bigger Weekend Than Last?

AuthorMessageTime
DrivE
Jeez, another MAJOR weekend in NCAA football! Look at what we've got:

#7 Cal @ #1 USC
#5 Texas @ #2 Oklahoma
#17 Tennessee @ #3 Georgia
#20 Louisville @ #4 Miami
#10 Purdue @ Penn State
#24 LSU @ #12 Florida
#13 Minnesota @ #14 Michigan
#16 Wisconsin @ #15 Ohio State

Want to pick them guys?
October 7, 2004, 1:00 AM
DarkMinion
Cal
Oklahoma
Georgia
Miami
Purdue - why even have this game on here?  Penn State is awful, Purdue will roll them easily
Florida - LSU sucks
Michigan
Upset pick: Wisconsin

Other picks:

Texas Tech over Nebraska
FSU over Syracuse
October 7, 2004, 2:30 AM
Grok
Cal
Oklahoma
Georgia
Miami  (why is this in here -- Louisville ranking is fake)
Purdue  (Penn State is a big game?  hahaha)
Gators by 7
Michigan
Wisconsin
October 7, 2004, 2:41 AM
DrivE
My Picks:

USC -- I'll take the Trojans. I don't think that they will let Cal take them at home like they did last year, and the Trojans still have a chip on their shoulder from last years mockery thanks to the good ol' BCS.
Oklahoma -- Although I love the Texas running game, I don't like the Longhorn's outside wide recievers and I don't think they can stretch this fast and physical OU defense enough to break open big plays.
Georgia -- Tennesse isn't what they're cracked up to be, and if you subtract some bullshit calls, Tennessee is a two loss team going into this week.
Miami -- Miami is known to shoot themselves in the foot, and I don't think it'll be a blowout either. I still see Miami as a team that is struggling to find a rythym. A young team, but a Coker team.
Purdue -- I think that Penn State is a game for Purdue, and I don't think it'll be a blowout. Perhaps a situation like Stanford on USC.
Florida -- Not the same LSU Tigers and if they were, Florida still wins this game. I don't think last year was a fluke. I do think that last year's LSU beating Georgia was a fluke, for the record.
Michigan -- Michigan is good, no matter what some people say.
Wisconsin -- I'm with DM on the upset pick, I like this Wisconsin defense.
October 7, 2004, 9:17 PM
Grok
Tonight's game!

Virginia 48, Clemson 20  (late TDs)
October 7, 2004, 9:20 PM
Grok
Some things in College Football you can count on.

Texas will find ways to lose to Oklahoma.
Miami will always beat FSU in close games.
Clemson sucks (no qualifier needed).
and Minnesota believes they will lose to Michigan.

Once again, Minnesota snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!

What's up with Texas not wanting to keep the ball?  I can forgive Vince Young a little, but Cedric Benson fumbling?  You cannot do that in a game this big.
October 9, 2004, 7:32 PM
Thing
[quote]What's up with Texas not wanting to keep the ball?[/quote]
How else could they keep their losing streak alive?
October 9, 2004, 7:49 PM
DrivE
Grok, Vince fumbled the ball twice and only carried a handful of times. Cedric Benson put one ball on the turf, I can forgive it. The fact that the QB decided to hold onto the ball himself then loose it is inexcusible.
October 9, 2004, 9:10 PM

Search