Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | IPBanned from server

AuthorMessageTime
bethra
I was hitting the connect button and consecutively a few times so like after I had just logged on I clicked the conenct button again, then again... like 4 times... now I cannot logon to Azeroth (USEast)

My bot is totally legit... and I actually am working on parsing 0x0F packets... damnit.

I can connect to other servers like USWest (Lordaeron) and stuff... but not East...

Its been almost a day... any Idea when I will be able to connect?  I swear my bot can successfully logon to bnet and enter channels I just rapidly connected consecutively a few times....
October 1, 2004, 11:32 PM
LW-Falcon
If you have a dynamic ip, just restart your comp, much easier than waiting.
October 1, 2004, 11:46 PM
bethra
Ok, well I've rebooted my computer several times.

Whats this dynamic stuff?

I have a LinkSys Wireless-G w/ speedbooster router and adapter(s)
October 2, 2004, 12:17 AM
LW-Falcon
A dynamic ip should change every time you restart your computer. A static ip never changes. It must suck to have static ip and be ipbanned from b.net lol.
October 2, 2004, 12:18 AM
bethra
so if I have a static right now, can I change it to dynamic and be unbanned?

wait, there are two computers hooked up this this wireless cable... mine and the downstairs... I've rebboted mine but do I have to reboot the downstairs too?

Or should I just pull the plug from the router and plug it back in?
October 2, 2004, 12:22 AM
LW-Falcon
Wheres the modem? Restart your modem and it should give you a new ip.
October 2, 2004, 12:29 AM
UserLoser.
Trying to reconnect over and over won't make it go away.  Spamming the server with reconnects in a short amount of time will generally give you a longer ban than other things such as chat flooding, it is a temporary ban, don't worry.
October 2, 2004, 1:01 AM
bethra
Yay

I am un IPBanned.  It was a 24-hour IPBan I guess b/c this time yesterday I was bant :)

Ok close please.  Thanks.  I learned my lesson!
October 2, 2004, 1:25 AM
Quarantine
ipconfig /release
ipconfig / renew

Worx for al your ipbanned needs.
October 2, 2004, 3:06 AM
Adron
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=8968.msg82912#msg82912 date=1096686368]
ipconfig /release
ipconfig / renew

Worx for al your ipbanned needs.
[/quote]

But not if you have a router/gateway holding your IP. Restarting that is what he should do.
October 3, 2004, 4:13 PM
iago
[quote author=bethra link=topic=8968.msg82876#msg82876 date=1096673555]
My bot is totally legit...
[/quote]

Lies.
October 3, 2004, 4:29 PM

Search