Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Warcraft III Patch 1.17

AuthorMessageTime
Twix
b.net realsed a new patch here is some of the things they fixed

Fixed a problem that caused some instant spells cast after a targeted spell to execute before the targeted spell.
Fixed problems with the Melee AI when it attempted to use certain instant spells.
Fixed a problem with Morphing units re-executing commands that were interrupted by the morph timer expiring.
Fixed an exploit that would allow players to track enemy units under the fog of war with queued move commands.
Fixed a problem with units following enemy units and never proceeding to the next order when they moved underneath the fog.
Fixed a problem with spells that can target a point or unit (like Shockwave) failing when the selected target dies. If the selected target runs under the fog or teleports, the spell is intended to fail.
Fixed a problem with Envenomed Spears wearing off too early if the affected unit was also affected by Slow Poison.
Fixed the invisibility transition time for levels 2 and 3 of Wind Walk.
Fixed Devour such that devoured units now give experience to the owner of the Kodo Beast if it gets polymorphed/hexed and instantly digests the unit.
Fixed rally points such that friendly units will no longer cancel rally orders to Heroes that teleport or Mirror Image.
Fixed illusions so they now get correct damage, armor, life, and mana bonuses consistent with the original units.
Fixed an issue with morphed units that could cause them to cost food when revived by Animated Dead if they had died in their morphed form.
Fixed upgrading buildings such that they now receive the correct hit point bonus from the Masonry upgrade.
Fixed a problem that could cause manually cast arrow abilities to occasionally fail.
Fixed channeling units so they will auto-queue orders issued to the entire selection except for Stop and Hide. Orders issued to the selected subgroup will break channeling (so you can teleport out of the area while channeling).
Fixed units in the middle of a non-channeling spell such that they will now auto-queue all orders until the spell is complete.
Fixed observers so they now recieve notifications when ANY player's forces are under attack.
Fixed Hero icons so their order is now consistent throughout the game.
Fixed replay speeds so they can once again be changed while the replay is paused.
September 20, 2004, 8:08 PM
iago
OR you could just check out Blizzard's Page and get all the information about it!

<edit> I fail to see how gameplay differences affect bot development. Am I missing something?
September 20, 2004, 9:13 PM
SNiFFeR
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=8765;start=0#msg81120 date=1095714783]
OR you could just check out Blizzard's Page and get all the information about it!

<edit> I fail to see how gameplay differences affect bot development. Am I missing something?
[/quote]

Eh, They are probably just complaining because bnls hasn't updated yet, at-least that's what I've read elsewhere. Don't know haven't checked ;).
September 20, 2004, 9:16 PM
Twix
I wasent bitching about nothing and i was already in this so i just hit new topic for here
September 20, 2004, 9:26 PM
Ezence
Well I am bitching, Okay so none of you know me and this is my first post. Shame it had to be a bad one, wasn't any of the developers expecting the patch to be released?

At the moment there are bots dependent on the BNLS - Battle.net Logon Server, and it needs to be updated. Any chances it could happen in the next few hours? Or will we have to wait for a couple of weeks? >:(
September 20, 2004, 9:31 PM
LordNevar
How about you go out and hash wc3 yourself, and stop depending on BNLS.
September 20, 2004, 9:51 PM
Ezence
Do you have a illustration of how to do that? I think it’s physically impossible. So because I don't pay I don't have a right to be angry?
I'm not sure that a good enough reason to not solve the problem.

Lets look at it from this point of view, IF user did have to pay for this service, would they after the bad service provided?
Maybe you could learn something intelligent instead of looking at diagrams on how to position your body parts where they shouldn't go.
September 20, 2004, 9:55 PM
Ezence
Did I not mention people dependent on Bots?

Well I am one of those people. I do have a copy of numerous games made by blizzard, thank you for your concern.
September 20, 2004, 9:56 PM
joykillah
go (v)eh sick em "bark bark"
September 20, 2004, 10:01 PM
Ezence
It would be interesting to know you have one. And I am not here to give everybody a good impression I am here to let people be aware of the situation. You obviously don't like my opinion of it, but to be honest I couldn't care less. Carry on posting insults about me, talking to me as if I am stupid. One day when you grow up (which I hope you haven't yet). You will understand that when you talk to people in certain ways, i.e. antagonistic, flippant, condescending, you will be ignored by the people that count. Hard lesson to learn but please feel free to continue wasting your time.
September 20, 2004, 10:03 PM
LordNevar
BNLS is provided free of charge by [vL], it is noway condoned by Blizzard or Battle.net. Hense forth when they update it's not like they notify [vL] that there updating and hey while were updating here's the code and info you'll need to patch your service along with ours. So look at it from [vL]'s point of view they are not going to to go out of there way to watch everything that Battle.net does, and they will update accordingly when they have the time. If you have any concerns or problems with the way they run the service than don't use it.
September 20, 2004, 10:03 PM
joykillah
YEA!
September 20, 2004, 10:06 PM
Ezence
So there is no customer care service?
Its just [vL] and their vast knowledge of programming?
Either way, a right to complain is a right to complain. Taking my service else where might be the answer to me, but it isnt to [vL].

I am just trying to get people to do something about it. All you seem to be doing is thinking of smart things to say to me.
September 20, 2004, 10:07 PM
Ezence
[quote author=(V)eh link=board=17;threadid=8765;start=15#msg81145 date=1095717962]
Wow makes me wonder if why im so pathetic and stupid that Joy stuck up for me, whos um yes a vL member and why no one has stuck up for you. I have grown up and my response is that Id be pissed if I provided a free service and it was flamed. You will learn that if u speak your mind in a real situation you could get fired, if it was a job.
[/quote]

Maybe you can tell me the relevance of this comment to the comment I made?
September 20, 2004, 10:08 PM
Ezence
[quote author=(V)eh link=board=17;threadid=8765;start=15#msg81150 date=1095718156]
And I am thinking of smart things to say. Im am laughing my head of at this post as we type! You dont have the right to complain at a free service with 5 posts all complaining. At least I have over 600 and havnt bitched about anyhting except this topic.
[/quote]

Now your comments aren’t making any sense to me. Are you disagreeing that I have a right to complain because it’s a free service?
September 20, 2004, 10:11 PM
LordNevar
Complain all you want it's your choice and your entitled to it. Just don't do it here, like I said before [vL] will update accordingly when they have the chance and time. You are not going to gain and respect or get any sympathy from anyone on this forum if you come here and start demanding and telling the gracious hosts of this forum, and the makers of BNLS to hurry up and fix there "FREE SERVICE".

Edit: Spelling and Grammar.
September 20, 2004, 10:14 PM
iago
Ok, first off, everybody shut up. Arguing here is pointless, since obviously this guy shows no appreciation for the amount of work that goes into maintaining BNLS, so he feels he can be a little prick about it.

To answer your original question, yes, it will be updated soon. I don't have a timeline, but it won't take long.
September 20, 2004, 10:18 PM
Ezence
[quote author=(V)eh link=board=17;threadid=8765;start=15#msg81152 date=1095718455]
Wow your on the ball, I do believe you dont have the right to complain. If you took them to court for lack of service it wouldnt stand as its free so you dont legally have a right ot complain. I speak from knowledge as my mum works on stuff like this!
[/quote]

Well your mother may need to rethink her whole life. I do have a RIGHT to complain, but as LordNevar, maybe not on here. As for taking someone to court I think you need to ground your ideas. I didn't talk about taking anybody to court, and I don't see how you may have confused yourself with the words Right and Prosecute.

Thank you LordNevar I do make you right, maybe I was unfitting of me to come here expecting the situation to be resolved. But as I said, I am not here to gain anything, except information on when this problem might be resolved.
September 20, 2004, 10:19 PM
Ezence
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=8765;start=15#msg81156 date=1095718724]
Ok, first off, everybody shut up. Arguing here is pointless, since obviously this guy shows no appreciation for the amount of work that goes into maintaining BNLS, so he feels he can be a little prick about it.

To answer your original question, yes, it will be updated soon. I don't have a timeline, but it won't take long.
[/quote]

Aw you had to show how educated you are, did I say I don't appreciate your work? Maybe you need to look back over the posts and read my comments again.
As for being a little prick I suppose your entitled to your opinion, and I will try not to loose sleep over it ::) .
September 20, 2004, 10:21 PM
Grok
Moderators: this thread is a joke. Please handle!

Ezence is the reason I am trigger-happy to ban AOLers.
September 20, 2004, 10:23 PM
LordNevar
Why do I feel a very powerful bitch smack coming on......
September 20, 2004, 10:23 PM
Ezence
[quote author=Grok link=board=17;threadid=8765;start=15#msg81160 date=1095718995]
Moderators: this thread is a joke. Please handle!

Ezence is the reason I am trigger-happy to ban AOLers.
[/quote]

Sleep lost. There was me thinking I could become a regular on the anti-social geek forum. Damn you! ;D
September 20, 2004, 10:24 PM
LordNevar
As much as I would like to agree with (V)EH, I would have to say this needs to be moved to trash, and this person I am sure will be handled with accordingly.
September 20, 2004, 10:26 PM
Ezence
Look guys, I don't want to hurt your feelings. But really look at your posts before you click 'post'.
September 20, 2004, 10:27 PM
Grok
Locked by Admin until moderators can properly dispose of, if that be their will.
September 20, 2004, 10:28 PM

Search