Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Combo Box Problem + Questions on 0x0E + Opinions

AuthorMessageTime
BaDDBLooD
I have a combo box instead of a text box for sending text to battle.net. Whenever i hit enter i add a item to the text box. I have a few problems, they are as follows:

1) I Can't Copy and paste Large ammounts into the combo box, why?
2) What is the maximum amount of characters you can send to battle.net using 0x0E without being disconnected
3) I want to make it so if i send more than a the maximum allotted before ipban, it splits it up and sends it in chunks, any ideas?
4) When the Combo box get's to full, clear some out, how often should i do this?
5) Do you think sometype of check so you don't send text at too fast a rate, is a good idea?

Thanks for your Opinions/Help!
September 20, 2004, 12:36 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=8753;start=0#msg80986 date=1095640618]
I have a combo box instead of a text box for sending text to battle.net. Whenever i hit enter i add a item to the text box. I have a few problems, they are as follows:

1) I Can't Copy and paste Large ammounts into the combo box, why?
2) What is the maximum amount of characters you can send to battle.net using 0x0E without being disconnected
3) I want to make it so if i send more than a the maximum allotted before ipban, it splits it up and sends it in chunks, any ideas?
4) When the Combo box get's to full, clear some out, how often should i do this?
5) Do you think sometype of check so you don't send text at too fast a rate, is a good idea?

Thanks for your Opinions/Help!
[/quote]

1) Limit should be around 0x7FFFFFFE in size, look into setting the value via CB_LIMITTEXT.
2) Four hundred something
3) Yes
4) Whenever you feel like it's too full
5) Yes
September 20, 2004, 12:42 AM

Search