Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | Tough break for the Florida Haters...Gators

AuthorMessageTime
DarkMinion
I didn't watch the game, but from what I hear there was some bad officiating.
September 19, 2004, 4:51 AM
DrivE
It was a mockery. Hail to old rocky top my mother fucking ass.
September 19, 2004, 5:55 AM
Grok
[quote author=DarkMinion link=board=6;threadid=8736;start=0#msg80809 date=1095569505]
I didn't watch the game, but from what I hear there was some bad officiating.
[/quote]

I watched a little of it. Chris Leak is much improved over last year. He was hitting his receivers in-stride every time I watched. Whereas Rix against UAB, every single pass he completed required the receiver to STOP, catch the ball, then run. It was not until 8:48 left in the 3rd quarter that Rix hit a receiver in-stride. If not for our defense, we would be doomed against UF this year. We might be anyway, if we don't get our cornerbacks back from injuries by the time UF comes to town.

The UF@UT game was pretty good. Not much defense on either side, missed tackles always annoy me as a viewer. I stopped watching in the 4th quarter with UF up 28-21 and about 4:23 to go. Can someone fill me in as to what happened to let UT get in range for that FG? Apparently some bad call?
September 19, 2004, 3:12 PM
DarkMinion
[quote]Not much defense on either side, missed tackles always annoy me as a viewer.[/quote]

God...think how I felt last year. This year, at least my team isn't missing tackles. I can live with that.
September 19, 2004, 5:29 PM
K
[quote author=Grok link=board=6;threadid=8736;start=0#msg80843 date=1095606766]
Can someone fill me in as to what happened to let UT get in range for that FG? Apparently some bad call?
[/quote]

on 3rd down a UT cornerback ( Wade, i think?) gave a receiver a little slap across the face mask with the line judge looking right at him; the wideout slapped him back, and the line judge threw the flag on him; boom, personal foul, 15 yards, clock stops.
September 19, 2004, 9:00 PM
DarkMinion
That's unfortunate, but almost always the retaliation gets flagged...UF player should've been smarter and walked away.
September 19, 2004, 9:30 PM

Search