Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | Texas Tech 70 - TCU 35

AuthorMessageTime
DarkMinion
Hahaha, what a game...our offense sputters for nearly 20 minutes of game time, barely gaining 120 yards, and committs 3 turnovers. TCU goes up 21-0. All 3 of those TDs were about 30 yard drives due to those turnovers.

Then something happens. It started with Jarrett Hicks getting about a 40 yard reception down to the TCU 8, then we scored. And scored....and scored...and scored some more. 56 unanswered points before TCU finally scores again in the 4th against the 2nd string D.

Despite the fact that TCU scored 35, this game was won by our defense. After our offense spotted them 21 points, the defense clamped down, and didn't give them ANYTHING until the 2nd string defense came in.

70 points in 3 quarters. This will officially end any TCU BCS talk. They were flat out embarassed on the road by a better than average Big XII team. They still need alot of work to compete with the big conference schools.

Some neat stats:

· Jarrett Hicks (WR): 8 catches, 211 yards, 1 TD. Has 25 catches for 512 yards and 4 TDs for the season, averaging over 20 yards per catch.

· Bristol Olomua (TE): 2 TD grabs giving him 5 total for the season after only 3 games. He is a major go-to guy.

· Tech's running backs, Taurean Henderson and Johnnie Mack, combined for 6 of Tech's 10 touchdowns. 3 rushing TDs for Henderson, and 1 rushing and 2 receiving TDs for Mack.

· Danny Amendola (true freshman WR): 4 punt returns for 103 yards, 2 of them were sure touchdowns saved by shoestring tackles, both inside the 10 yard line. Named special teams player of the game.

· After Tech's offense spotted TCU 21 points on 3 turnovers...Tech's defense clamped down and held them to 8 straight possessions with 3 and outs, spanning from the 10 minute mark in the 2nd quarter, until early in the 4th quarter. In that time, TCU managed less than 10 yards of total offense. They had -1 yards of offense in the 2nd half with 1:00 to go in the 3rd. They scored 14 points against the 2nd string defense.

TCU is very lucky it wasn't worse....our QB came out like he was on drugs in the first quarter...bad pass after bad pass, fumbled twice and threw an INT. After that he was golden.

I'll tell you right now, Jarrett Hicks is one of the best, if not the best WR in the country. At 6'4" 210, he has incredible hands, and great speed. He faked out the TCU dbs several times so bad I nearly cried I laughed so hard. Talk about making someone look silly.

To sum it up: It looks like we've finally found our rhythm on offense, and our defense has improved vastly from last year. We had a setback vs. UNM, but we finally found our rhythm, and we will be a force to be reckoned with, mark my words.

What a fun game to watch.
September 18, 2004, 9:09 PM
DrivE
Both teams suck, end of story. It was a butchery of a college football game.
September 19, 2004, 9:52 PM

Search