Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Warhammer 40k Dawn of War

AuthorMessageTime
Invert
Download the demo and try it out. IMO this is the best RTS game that I have played lately. This game feels like StarCraft but better.

http://www.dawnofwargame.com/homepage.php

...oh and if you ever played Warhammer Shadow of the Horned Rat then you have been waiting for this for years!
September 15, 2004, 5:27 PM
SNiFFeR
Yeah, a bunch of my friends at school have currently starting playing this game and this is pretty much all they talk about. Thanks for the link ;). Now I can join the fun!
September 15, 2004, 7:58 PM
LW-Falcon
Wow it really does look like starcraft. I'll try it, thanks. :)
September 16, 2004, 12:06 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
A gaming magazine I buy has given it 91%. Im waiting for it to be realeased in britain.
September 16, 2004, 7:51 AM
KrisL
Releases here in the states on the 21st.

I was very impressed with the demo, and the customization for your squad colors is a cool feature. Im assuming that you will be able to play as space marines, orks, chaos legion and others in the full version (as there are soooo many groups in 40K). I was worried at first when i saw the "THQ" but when I saw relic developing it (same team that did ground control and homeworld) my fears were put to rest.
September 17, 2004, 5:27 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
I didnt know orcs were part of 40K or do you mean Space Orcs? I like Tyranids on the desk game.
September 20, 2004, 10:32 AM
-MichaeL-
i was tring to play it at my friends house but if there is like more then 3-4 players the game crashed for him. so i never got to play ;(
September 21, 2004, 10:06 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Got the game today, and its great. It looks a bit like warcraft 3 and has the same type of gui as bnet does for multiplayer. Maybe theres possibilites for a bot for it? But the game play is great. Well worth the buy.
October 1, 2004, 1:39 PM
iago
I wonder how many people have played the original table-top version?  I've played a handful of times, but I was never willing to buy an army (although I did enjoy paining armies).
October 1, 2004, 2:43 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I played it as Space Marines and Tyranids. I enjoyed the painting. I also collected the evil LOTR. I had sauron :P
October 1, 2004, 2:59 PM
iago
I played with Space Marines and Eldar, both my friends'.

I painted probably 100 Warhammer Fantasy Battle miniatures that we used for Warhammer Quest (rats, bats, goblins, chaos warriors, bloodletters, etc.).  I really enjoyed painting, and I wish I had a good camera to take pictures.

I also painted a Necromunda gang (redemptionists), but nobodys heard of that game.  It's like WH40k mini.  I'll try to take pictures of my gang tonight, they are quite sexy.

We actually have a Games Workshop store in my city (as of about 6 months ago), which is nice.

I love how you British know of these games ;)
October 1, 2004, 5:07 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
LOL, im gonna head to my Games Workshop about 20 minutes drive away and buy some figures to paint for fun  :PI really enjoy that part more than playing.
October 3, 2004, 5:04 PM
j0k3r
Why does Warhammer remind me of D&D?
October 3, 2004, 5:12 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Bought a box of chaos marines today. Is it just my local GW or are they all run by nerds(no ofence). i was the only one in there and I was surrounded by all the employees trying to talk to me. I quickly got wat I needed and tied to run but they wouldnt let me leave. It was only when I spoke to them about Warhammer 40K: DOW they calmed down. They cant get many people there, wonder why? ::)
October 4, 2004, 9:38 PM

Search