Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | ghost left after changing characters (D2)

AuthorMessageTime
oldskooldrew
When i switch characters all the other clients in a channel are seeing ghosts. I've fixed it so my bot does not show doubles, but the other ones still do, has anyone done anything for this? This refers to changing characters w/o re-logging in all together.
September 12, 2004, 11:58 PM
UserLoser.
Servers sometimes don't update your statstring right away, which appears you to be on an open character
September 13, 2004, 12:22 AM
oldskooldrew
actually thats the problem, they do right away, but it sends a Event_User and adds the new character to the list, but does not remove the old user/character leaveing a ghost, i can/have fixed this with my bot, but others dont do the same... any suggestions?
September 13, 2004, 1:48 AM
Kp
[quote author=oldskooldrew link=board=17;threadid=8658;start=0#msg79945 date=1095040113]
actually thats the problem, they do right away, but it sends a Event_User and adds the new character to the list, but does not remove the old user/character leaveing a ghost, i can/have fixed this with my bot, but others dont do the same... any suggestions?[/quote]

Yes. Since it's only affecting the people who haven't fixed their clients, don't worry about it. Or, if you're feeling malicious, change characters as often as you can so as to deluge their list with ghosts, thereby encouraging them to fix their client.
September 13, 2004, 5:35 AM
KrisL
[quote author=Kp link=board=17;threadid=8658;start=0#msg79968 date=1095053718]
Yes. Since it's only affecting the people who haven't fixed their clients, don't worry about it. Or, if you're feeling malicious, change characters as often as you can so as to deluge their list with ghosts, thereby encouraging them to fix their client.
[/quote]

LOL KP. A very evil yet effective way of "encouraging" people to fix their clients.
September 13, 2004, 6:21 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=Kp link=board=17;threadid=8658;start=0#msg79968 date=1095053718]change characters as often as you can so as to deluge their list with ghosts[/quote]i foresee some asshat abusing that :(

i wonder, does changing characters count against your flood values? eg, if you were to try changing 100 times/sec, would you get flooded off? it'd be very sad if not
September 14, 2004, 6:13 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=tA-Kane link=board=17;threadid=8658;start=0#msg80106 date=1095185611]
[quote author=Kp link=board=17;threadid=8658;start=0#msg79968 date=1095053718]change characters as often as you can so as to deluge their list with ghosts[/quote]i foresee some asshat abusing that :(

i wonder, does changing characters count against your flood values? eg, if you were to try changing 100 times/sec, would you get flooded off? it'd be very sad if not
[/quote]

IIRC, there is a limit, just it's not very strict. 100 times/sec wouldn't work, though, since the realm servers are known to have great delays on responding back to certain things such as logging on to a character.
September 14, 2004, 7:01 PM

Search