Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | ip addresses of players

AuthorMessageTime
aton
once you open a game in starcraft, everything is done by udp traffic and one can see the ip's of the other players when sniffing.

now is there any possibility i could map the ips to the usernames of the players? like show a list of users in my game(connected to me) and their ips?
September 2, 2004, 12:43 PM
Kp
[quote author=aton link=board=17;threadid=8533;start=0#msg78742 date=1094129036]once you open a game in starcraft, everything is done by udp traffic and one can see the ip's of the other players when sniffing.

now is there any possibility i could map the ips to the usernames of the players? like show a list of users in my game(connected to me) and their ips?[/quote]

Of course. How do you think Starcraft shows people's names when they speak? The names aren't sent along with every message (which would be stupid anyway, since then you could spoof other people very easily).
September 2, 2004, 1:57 PM
aton
so what would you suggest for getting a player-ip map? looking for all the information in the starcraft process? as you said i cannot sniff the player names as they are not submitted, but something has to be submitted that my starcraft knows for example from whom a message comes....
so schould i be sniffing the ips while getting a playerhandle from the process and matching the packets on the player handle?
September 2, 2004, 3:39 PM
Kp
[quote author=aton link=board=17;threadid=8533;start=0#msg78759 date=1094139541]so what would you suggest for getting a player-ip map? looking for all the information in the starcraft process? as you said i cannot sniff the player names as they are not submitted, but something has to be submitted that my starcraft knows for example from whom a message comes....
so schould i be sniffing the ips while getting a playerhandle from the process and matching the packets on the player handle?[/quote]

I did not say that the player names are not submitted. If they were truly not submitted, Starcraft would never be able to show a name for a message. Read the connection record structure.
September 2, 2004, 4:11 PM
aton
what connection record structure? do you have an url?
September 2, 2004, 6:14 PM
Kp
[quote author=aton link=board=17;threadid=8533;start=0#msg78768 date=1094148852]what connection record structure? do you have an url?[/quote]

The connection record structure that Starcraft uses to store all data relating to game communications! For instance, who you're talking to, what ID# he has, etc. URL: <http://valhallalegends.com/>.
September 2, 2004, 8:57 PM
UserLoser.
When joining a game, the host will give you the address of all of the other players, along with their names
September 3, 2004, 10:19 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
And thus you get in to name spoofers for games :P
September 4, 2004, 3:04 AM
aton
hm okay but when there are only 2 players in the game and you join it and then 5 other players join the game after you, will you get an update of the player list every time ? probably...

so to get an ip-player map i would have to scan for those packets containing the names and the ips...

i will try that, thank you
September 6, 2004, 5:08 PM

Search