Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | /WHOAMI -- Introductions | Thanks for a good time, I am leaving.

AuthorMessageTime
ChR0NiC
Well for the most part I have had a great time here at the vL forums. Throughout my programming career I can say you guys have taught me so much. This forum and Arta's BNET Docs have provided so much help for me. But I have come to the conclusion nobody likes me anymore.

[quote author=$t0rm link=board=29;threadid=8369;start=0#msg77315 date=1093464205]
Wow, I just lost the little respect I had for Chronic because of that statement.
[/quote]

And I asked Grok if I could join [vL], and I know he has gotten my private message because I have seen him make posts after the date of my private message, but he has not responded. Since nobody has any respect for me and thinks of me just as a pain, I won't bother any of you anymore. You won't hear from Chr0nic anymore. And as my first act of quitting I am releasing my OCX source in a hope somebody can improve upon it and such. Sorry if I have inconvenienced anybody, and I hope you all have good lives.

My OCX source can be obtained here

Edit: You can delete my account if you want, see ya all.
August 29, 2004, 2:01 AM
Sidoh
Chr0Nic, just because someone threw a random insult at you, you're quitting battle.net? I don't think thats a very validated conclusion.

I hear where you're coming from, but its not worth giving up everything you've worked on for the last... long time.
August 29, 2004, 2:08 AM
ChR0NiC
You have been the nicest person since I started programming that I've ever met, but I am not accepted or taken seriously as a programmer no matter where I go, especially by every single one of the vL folks except iago (the nicest vL member EVER). I was just giving a few examples above of why I feel it is just not meant to be for me. I wish I could wipe my history so people wouldn't just me on my past, but it's just not possible.

ChRoNiC signing out for the last time.

Have fun with programming everybody.
August 29, 2004, 2:14 AM
KoRRuPT
Wow.... your a pussy if your quitting battle.net because of some insult. Did you actually expect to join vL in one month or less? Also do you think Grok is going to answer all of the PM's he recieves? You can't expect him to reply to every annoying kid that comes along asking him "Can I join?.. I'm 1337". It seems like this post isn't a goodbye, but just a sympathy post.

Also, shouldn't this topic belong in the trash can since it dosen't fit into any of the forum categories.

Edit: more added
August 29, 2004, 2:18 AM
BaDDBLooD
[quote author=Akamas link=board=21;threadid=8437;start=0#msg77920 date=1093745899]
Wow.... your a pussy if your quitting battle.net because of some insult. Did you actually expect to join vL in one month or less? Also do you think Grok is going to answer all of the PM's he recieves? You can't expect him to reply to every annoying kid that comes along asking him "Can I join?.. I'm 1337". It seems like this post isn't a goodbye, but just a sympathy post.

Also, shouldn't this topic belong in the trash can since it dosen't fit into any of the forum categories.

Edit: more added
[/quote]

I'm sure chronic appreciates the nice hard slap of reality you just gave him.
August 29, 2004, 2:58 AM
KoRRuPT
Haha the truth hurts... anyways right after I posted my reply. He messaged me on aim! Check the meat in this conversation.

[quote]
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: Hmmm what a fag you are
q e d f t: Whos this?
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX logged in.
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: I am trying to say goodbye and all you an do is flame
q e d f t: Flame?
q e d f t: Lol
q e d f t: Your like crying....
q e d f t: Heh
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: Can't you let me go out with some fucking pride?
q e d f t: Dude... your post was pathetic
q e d f t: Lol
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: To you it's all one big joke
q e d f t: "pride
q e d f t: No kidding, I find it funny
q e d f t: Your looking for sympathy.... which I find pathetic
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: I am not
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: I am informing people
q e d f t: Yes you are
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: I am leaving
q e d f t: We don't need to be informed
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: I could care less if the topic is locked
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: "We"
q e d f t: If your looking to leave with pride, just leave
q e d f t: If your actually respected you'll be missed
q e d f t: So... shh
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: Don't act like they respect you or give a damn what you think.
q e d f t: Yes we... Me, Myself and I
q e d f t: Haha
q e d f t: You don't care what I think
q e d f t: Why did you message me?
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: You act like you're an important addition to the forums?
q e d f t: Lol, wow I guess stupidity comes with the package
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: That you have the final say
q e d f t: I'm not anything important
q e d f t: I just have my own opinion
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: Oh I get it, you're a computer nerd. Who is trying to be the next Maddox.
q e d f t: Hahaha
q e d f t: Computer Nerd
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: You have a girlfriend?
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: Doubt it
q e d f t: Computers are 15% of my life
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: You have alot of friends?
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: Doubt it
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: - ] C / C++ / VB / PHP / Pascal / Java [ -
q e d f t: Girl friend, yes
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: 15% of your life
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: im sure
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: looks like 115%
q e d f t: Just because I understand programming I'm a nerd?
q e d f t: Are you jealous?
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: You dedicate your life to learning like 7 languages
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: Jealous of being a shut in?
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: LMAO
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX: grow up
ChRoNiC xXxXxXxX logged out.
[/quote]
August 29, 2004, 3:08 AM
Newby
7 languages? :P
August 29, 2004, 3:17 AM
KoRRuPT
Forgive him, he's retarded, counting is an impossible task for him.

Edit: Spelling
August 29, 2004, 3:20 AM
K
I think people need to realize this forum is not a teenage melodrama. It's a forum. On the internet. Calm. Down.

::)
August 29, 2004, 4:44 AM
BaDDBLooD
[quote author=K link=board=21;threadid=8437;start=0#msg77940 date=1093754643]
I think people need to realize this forum is not a teenage melodrama. It's a forum. On the internet. Calm. Down.

::)
[/quote]

that almost gave me a tear.
August 29, 2004, 4:52 AM
crashtestdummy
It's spelled retarded. And that's what this whole thread is. Why is it everyone has to announce that they are leaving a forum? Just leave.
August 29, 2004, 5:05 AM
KoRRuPT
Spelling fix, thanks. I agree.. mitosis did the same thing when he left the forums.
August 29, 2004, 5:16 AM
iago
eh, disappearing sucks. A parting message is nice, it gives everybody who cares closure.
August 29, 2004, 5:59 AM
hismajesty
[quote]Haha the truth hurts... anyways right after I posted my reply. He messaged me on aim! Check the meat in this conversation.[/quote]

Apparently, you messaged him. Also, didn't you quit once before? Well, in any case, bye.
August 29, 2004, 6:07 AM
KoRRuPT
Lol, I replied to his message yes, and no I didn't quite before.
August 29, 2004, 6:25 AM
iago
[quote author=Akamas link=board=21;threadid=8437;start=0#msg77958 date=1093760713]
[/quote]

In your first post, for awhile, I thought you were describing yourself.
August 29, 2004, 5:32 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I liked Chronic, oh well good bye! :'(
August 29, 2004, 9:57 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Akamas link=board=21;threadid=8437;start=0#msg77958 date=1093760713]
[/quote]

Both of those were to Chronic, not you.
August 30, 2004, 3:40 AM
Rule
Chronic,

I don't know you, and I don't know if this is some kind of cry for attention, but there are a lot of assholes everywhere.

If you want to get anywhere, you have to have a hard skin and not take seriously the many insults you are sure to encounter. If you think you've made progress, then you probably have. If you're quitting because of other people insulting you, you're obviously giving those people a lot of power.

Quit doing whatever you're doing if you don't think you're going anywhere with it. Don't do it because of other people.

It is out of character for me to reply to a post like yours, but I have seen a lot of very rude and insulting behavior take place on these forums and in this community. If you let personal attacks impede any progress you are making, then you won't get anywhere in life.

Toughen up.

August 30, 2004, 6:23 AM
KoRRuPT
[quote] Chronic,

I don't know you, and I don't know if this is some kind of cry for attention, but there are a lot of assholes everywhere.

If you want to get anywhere, you have to have a hard skin and not take seriously the many insults you are sure to encounter. If you think you've made progress, then you probably have. If you're quitting because of other people insulting you, you're obviously giving those people a lot of power.

Quit doing whatever you're doing if you don't think you're going anywhere with it. Don't do it because of other people.

It is out of character for me to reply to a post like yours, but I have seen a lot of very rude and insulting behavior take place on these forums and in this community. If you let personal attacks impede any progress you are making, then you won't get anywhere in life.

Toughen up.
[/quote]

I completely agree.
August 30, 2004, 6:36 AM
EviL_MarinE
Yay i finally remembered my password :O

Chr0nic, dont leave dude, your great.

i know i dont know you much ect.. but you helped me with my programming, and i know you take the piss, but i dont care, Why leave? Because somebody dont like you, Stand high and think NO, i have friends, never think down, on a dif game i get "you have no respect" so i say "and?" ... You have great programming career, you dont deserve to leave just cos some stuipid immature fool said you have no respect, STAND HIGH CHR0NIC!!

Dont fall down to fools.
August 30, 2004, 2:43 PM
j0k3r
He seemed moderately intelligent, but acted like a child, I'm not sad to see him leave.
August 30, 2004, 3:41 PM
EviL_MarinE
Well thats just you :-P
Some people are, Although he does take piss outta me, Hmph.
Btw why does OCX Webby Not* work ;D

Edit: Not* :)
August 30, 2004, 5:26 PM
Deception
ChRoNiC, if you read this post; I really need to contact you. You're never on AIM with your screen name anymore.

Please contact me as soon as possible.

AIM: Decep7ion
Email: Decep7ion@Hotmail.com
Battle.net: Clan DC @ USWest
August 31, 2004, 9:53 AM
BaDDBLooD
For all who want to know.

Chronic never left, he just wanted to clear his bad "rep".

Aim name: Snow x Ro
September 12, 2004, 10:35 PM
CodeMaster
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=21;threadid=8437;start=15#msg79924 date=1095028537]
For all who want to know.

Chronic never left, he just wanted to clear his bad "rep".

Aim name: Snow x Ro
[/quote]

Why are you reviving a dead topic, nobody really cares anymore.
And many never did care, and stop flaming on this guy, remember nobody likes you either BaDDBLooD, so stop flaming and lead by Chronic's example and get out.
September 12, 2004, 10:46 PM
LW-Falcon
*senses flame fest coming up*
September 12, 2004, 10:55 PM
CodeMaster
[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=board=21;threadid=8437;start=15#msg79926 date=1095029737]
*senses flame fest coming up*
[/quote]

Sorry, I will never touch this thread again, just makes me angry when people try to act like badasses, much like Chronic used to, now BaddBlood is following in his foot steps.
September 12, 2004, 11:26 PM
BaDDBLooD
Sorry.

Deception and many people still wanted to Know his aim name, so i gave it. I Just wanted to tell people he was still around.

EDIT: I was wasn't trying to flame.
September 12, 2004, 11:27 PM
sPiKw
WOW YOU PEOLPLE ARE ALL PSYCHOS  *i think* but that is just my opinion ... i am the newest member and i dont think chronic should leave but he kinda already has right? o well..... i like to make stuff move[move](====8[/move]
^^^big flying penis^^^ lol i laugh
ya so chr0nic do you smoke chronic?
lol
chronic and chronic
rofl
get it?
Chronic and Chronic
LMFAO
ROFLOL
HA HA HA
December 1, 2004, 12:39 AM
KoRRuPT
[quote author=sPiKw link=topic=8437.msg90627#msg90627 date=1101861550]
WOW YOU PEOLPLE ARE ALL PSYCHOS *i think* but that is just my opinion ... i am the newest member and i dont think chronic should leave but he kinda already has right? o well..... i like to make stuff move[move](====8[/move]
lol
chronic and chronic
rofl
get it?
Chronic and Chronic
LMFAO
ROFLOL
HA HA HA
[/quote]

[quote]« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2004, 06:27 pm »[/quote]

Wtf?
December 1, 2004, 1:22 AM
Quarantine
Wow.  sPiKw: Do you use AOL?
December 1, 2004, 4:15 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
Is it just me or is that guy a dick?
December 1, 2004, 2:17 PM
KoRRuPT
[quote author=Meh link=topic=8437.msg90690#msg90690 date=1101910647]
Is it just me or is that guy a dick?
[/quote]

... no, he's just really stupid.
December 1, 2004, 5:24 PM
Mitosis
Wow, I've been made fun of so much here on this forum. I left for a bit to see if I wanted to stick with programming. But anyone who knows me since I first came, have I gotten better? I'd think so. Chronic I've been through worse than you and I'm still here!
December 2, 2004, 1:10 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Mitosis link=topic=8437.msg90738#msg90738 date=1101949852]
Wow, I've been made fun of so much here on this forum. I left for a bit to see if I wanted to stick with programming. But anyone who knows me since I first came, have I gotten better? I'd think so. Chronic I've been through worse than you and I'm still here!
[/quote]

Well, since you called me names and stuff the other day I have no problem saying what I really think of you.You have a little, for instance your grammar and spelling is better (which is nice) but you always seem to have an attitude over everything, or have an arrogant reply. Look at the desktop thread, Mac OS X copy blah blah, or on AIM the other day you got mad since I said you'd probably break your powerbook. It's the truth, how many computers have you gotten since you've registered here have had something go wrong with them? It seems there's always another problem with your boxes.
December 2, 2004, 2:01 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=8437.msg90790#msg90790 date=1101996089]
[quote author=Mitosis link=topic=8437.msg90738#msg90738 date=1101949852]
[/quote]

Well, since you called me names and stuff the other day I have no problem saying what I really think of you.You have a little, for instance your grammar and spelling is better (which is nice) but you always seem to have an attitude over everything, or have an arrogant reply. Look at the desktop thread, Mac OS X copy blah blah, or on AIM the other day you got mad since I said you'd probably break your powerbook. It's the truth, how many computers have you gotten since you've registered here have had something go wrong with them? It seems there's always another problem with your boxes.
[/quote]
Even though Mitosis is cool with me, that made me laugh. You do go through a shit load of computers. You had a Mac one day a few days later it was back to a PC :P. Maybe its not you though as a friend had a Mobile that kept breaking :P
December 2, 2004, 3:47 PM
Newby
[quote author=sPiKw link=topic=8437.msg90627#msg90627 date=1101861550]
WOW YOU PEOLPLE ARE ALL PSYCHOS  *i think* but that is just my opinion ... i am the newest member and i dont think chronic should leave but he kinda already has right? o well..... i like to make stuff move[move](====8[/move]
lol
chronic and chronic
rofl
get it?
Chronic and Chronic
LMFAO
ROFLOL
HA HA HA
[/quote]
I haven't laughed that hard at a retard in a long time.
December 2, 2004, 3:48 PM
DecA
[color=Pink]hahahaha, that is so awesome, i laughed for like a good 3 mins and 17 secs[/color]
December 2, 2004, 4:27 PM
Mitosis
I had to take the iMac back because it had a bad install with the OS and kept crashing. Plus I had school starting so I didn't want to get into it. And Trust I was just joking over AIM!
December 2, 2004, 11:17 PM
idoL
I think just "I'm leaving, good bye" would have sufficed alot for his pride.
December 5, 2004, 1:30 AM
NocBrute
[quote author=ChRoNiC link=topic=8437.msg77916#msg77916 date=1093744915]
Well for the most part I have had a great time here at the vL forums. Throughout my programming career I can say you guys have taught me so much. This forum and Arta's BNET Docs have provided so much help for me. But I have come to the conclusion nobody likes me anymore.

[quote author=$t0rm link=board=29;threadid=8369;start=0#msg77315 date=1093464205]
Wow, I just lost the little respect I had for Chronic because of that statement.
[/quote]

And I asked Grok if I could join [vL], and I know he has gotten my private message because I have seen him make posts after the date of my private message, but he has not responded. Since nobody has any respect for me and thinks of me just as a pain, I won't bother any of you anymore. You won't hear from Chr0nic anymore. And as my first act of quitting I am releasing my OCX source in a hope somebody can improve upon it and such. Sorry if I have inconvenienced anybody, and I hope you all have good lives.

My OCX source can be obtained here

Edit: You can delete my account if you want, see ya all.
[/quote]

Chronic is probably just upset and needs a break from BNET, 75% of the people that insulted you probably have problems like you too so it doesn't matter, if you view this thread take this to your head its only text, it doesn't matter what that guy or those people think you are, cause you know who you are. Hope fully your not a hypocrite and you wont feel like a dick for being a dick... Unless you dont have a cauntious ( most of the people have this.., ersan just got his back ). I dont mean to sound cheesy, but you dont have to impress those pompous cocks like that fat dough boy Hazard and most of those other people on BNET.

And about someone loosing their respect for you.... dont give a shit youll regain your respect overtime, that person probably doesnt understand why you did what you did to make him lost his respect for you or it was just you, looking at your post you dont seem like a bad guy.... hope fully you aren't if you are this post would go to a waiste and hopefully your reading this :) and that so called question to Grok, he probably doesnt have time to review the message. And even if he doesn't want you in vL.. its probably for the best?
December 5, 2004, 2:50 AM
hismajesty
Chronic took the vL test before anyways, a PM wouldn't matter much.  Though, Grok does reads the PMs, and mentions the request to a few members from what I've heard. There's really no need to reply if you don't get 2/3 leader approval though.

Anyway, what a bunch of people on battle.net won't really affect you in thirty years so it shouldn't matter. Unless of course you've learned a lot from those people, and you plan to go to defcon with them and stuff, since if they don't like you you may end up stuck in the desert all alone.
December 5, 2004, 9:57 PM
crankycefx
Well now, this is quite the clusterfuck of a topic...

I think we've all undergone our own problems with assholes and bullies, online or off.

And we've all started somewhere, one way or another.  We've all been immature, dumb, or whatever you like to say you've grown up from, at one time or another.

Hell, my past time on b.net was -awful-.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I was pretty pretty bad.

Did you know one time I looked up all the protocol acronyms on the internet that I could find, and attempted to read an HTML bible, all just to take the vL test?  I wrote them all down, thinking I was mad leet, and had the book handy when Grok quizzed me.  I'm pretty sure he noticed the slowness of replies as I tried to find the answers.

The test I failed.  I was bitter and annoyed with them for awhile, held a grudge.  Wasn't their fault at all.

But really, Chronic, the thing here is: you don't need anyone to be yourself, to excel, and to do something of value/worth.
You're a seemingly intelligent guy with some growing to do.  That's probably 90% of the forum posters here.
We've all got growth to do.  We've all got lives to live.  Lessons to learn.

A lot of the posts are quite true.  I would heed the positive advice that has been given you, if you read this.

I take the time to post this because i feel you have the potential to grow.

Just remember.  You don't need vL.  They know that, and eventually you'll know that.  You can belong to the cliques on the forum, to the social groups and gangs, without being in vL.
We can all sympathize with wanting in vL.  It's a very tightly knit, very close, familial type clan.  They're all very smart, which casts an elitist shadow over them that shouldn't be there.
Some groups here co-exist perfectly with them.  Sure, people say that they're "vL" wannabes, but maybe they're just using the good example as inspiration?  The only thing is not to bastardize it, (i.e. zodiac legends)
and totally rip them off.

Why not aspire to create something similar?  You've got some peeps here that spoke up for you.  You've got time on your hands.  Live.  Learn.  Create.  Use that noggin and creativity. :)

Btw, keep up the good work!  I imagine with time, your projects will come to fruition.

The guys that are assholes here have their own problems.  They've probably been in your position, and now they're getting back at whoever was a prick to them.  Don't let them bug you.

I look forward to hearing of your return, Chronic.

Cheers.
December 14, 2004, 9:14 AM

Search