Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Faux Pas!

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
To clarify: this has nothing to do with French. This was a little social blunder I made the first week of school. :)

I'm in my Spanish class Thursday afternoon.... I get there a little before class starts (actually, right as the class beforehand was getting out, so about 20 minutes early). I sit down in the same place I chose on Tuesday -- on the far side of the room in the front, so right next to the wall.

It just so happened that this really, really cute girl was sitting next to me. Not that said girl was any motivation to return to my previous seat.... Okay she was.

So I sat. We chit-chatted for awhile -- until class started. The professor passed out the syllabus, because she forgot to bring it in on Tuesday.

So -- this is SPA 313 - Conversation and Composition. It's taught all in Spanish (even the damn syllabus is in Spanish. I was NOT happy about that), and my professor speaks pretty fast. Combined with the fact that I've been off for about three months, I'm catching about 15-20% of what she's saying.

All of a sudden, this girl looks at me, somewhat expectantly, and tries to hand me her syllabus. I just kind of have this look of bewilderment and incomprehension on my face....

She tells me, rather imperitively, that "we're exchanging phone numbers."

I just think to myself, "SWEET! An in! And she wants it!" :o

Then I looked around the room -- and saw that everyone was exchanging phone numbers.

DAMN!

But it all turned out okay. At the end of class, she told me "call me some time." So all was not lost!

But it wasn't as positive as I thought :-\
August 28, 2004, 8:37 AM
Newby
Myndfyre gonna get teh <3in
August 28, 2004, 3:57 PM

Search