Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [CSB; any language] Adding channels to a channel list

AuthorMessageTime
Yegg
Im just added a channel list to my bot. So far it has an add command, remove command, and a join command. I cant figure out how to get the add command to work. I know if I can get the right code in remove channel will work too. Can anybody help me with using the right code?(By the way my bot uses CSB)

[Kp edit: gave the thread a much better title. "Adding Channels" is misleading and not very helpful. Left the body of the text alone.]
August 27, 2004, 10:02 PM
KkBlazekK
What are you using for you channel list? listbox? ListView?
August 27, 2004, 11:41 PM
Yegg
Listview
August 28, 2004, 2:26 AM
LordNevar
[code]Private Sub cmdAddChannel_Click()
lstviewName.ListItems.add , , ChanneltxtLabelname.text
ChanneltxtLabelname.text = ""
lstviewName.Refresh
End Sub[/code]

Hope this is what your looking for.[code][/code]
August 28, 2004, 2:55 AM
St0rm.iD
This is more of a VB question methinks.
August 28, 2004, 2:03 PM
Kp
[quote author=$t0rm link=board=17;threadid=8417;start=0#msg77761 date=1093701838]This is more of a VB question methinks.[/quote]

I thought so as well, but I couldn't tell whether to banish it to VB Programming (VB6 question) or to .net programming (VB7 question) until the poster responded, and it had been answered before I came back and found it.
August 28, 2004, 4:30 PM
LordNevar
Well I already gave him the answer, so I don't think it matters much where it's moved too. Besides, he said any language, but isn't CSB only useable in VB platforms?
August 28, 2004, 4:53 PM
Kp
[quote author=LordNevar link=board=17;threadid=8417;start=0#msg77782 date=1093712039]Well I already gave him the answer, so I don't think it matters much where it's moved too. Besides, he said any language, but isn't CSB only useable in VB platforms?[/quote]

No, on both counts. :) If you read the edit note I left in his post, his title was "Adding Channels". I found that to be horribly useless as a title, so I gave the thread a better title. Since he had not specified the language at the time, I marked it "any language". As regards CSB usability: it can be used from any language that can handle COM (though generally VB is the only language that makes COM trivial enough for CSB-dummies to use it); in any other COM language, you're going to be moderately advanced by the time you get COM working, at which point you have to ask whether you really want to use CSB since you are advanced. :)
August 28, 2004, 5:55 PM
LordNevar
I stand corrected. 8)
August 28, 2004, 7:09 PM

Search