Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | The semester is here!

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
So what classes are you all taking?

I've got--
SPA313 - Spanish Conversation/Composition, requirement for Spanish minor.
POS315 - Supreme Court
POS497 - National Security Analysis, which is a graduate class (POS 598) cross-listed for honors students
POS346 - Problems of Democracy
POS401 - Political Statistics
POS499 - Special Topics, which is actually credit and registration for a class I'm *teaching* called POS191 - Politics and Propaganda of Nazi Germany. No, I'm not the TA, I put together the syllabus and everything. It's going to be fun!

Books cost about $420. Eight of the twelve were used!

This semester will finish up all of the core classes for my B.A. in political science. Next semester, I'm starting to take actual graduate classes (with the actual 500-level designation) for poli sci and continue taking required courses for the B.A. in psychology. I'm trying to get (in five years): B.A. in political science, B.A. in psychology, M.A. in political science, and a minor in Spanish. :)

I want to work in intelligence after college. :)
August 24, 2004, 1:22 AM
Stwong
The prefixes are funny. POS### :P

At any rate, I'm not in college, I'm a mere highschooler, but, in order of my excitement:

1st year AP Calculus (Yeah, I'm looking forward to math the most. Bite me.)
1st year AP Physics
2nd year Spanish
World History
Beginners Tennis (PE. Ugh.)
2nd year High School English (The bonehead English class, folks)

They axed AP Computer Science at our school, so no official course for me.
August 24, 2004, 1:56 AM
K
[quote]
Boulder Main Campus, Fall 2004
Class: Sophomore
College: Coll of Engineering & Applied Science

Credits. Call: Name
4. APPM 2350: Calculus 3 for Engineers
3. COMM 1210: Perspectives in Human Communication
5. ECEN 2120: Computers as Components
(Introduction to Assembly / Embedded Systems Programming)
4. PHYS 1120: General Physics 2 For Engineers

Total: 16 credit hours
[/quote]

Already taken:
CSCI 2270: Data Structures
CSCI 3104: Algorithms
PHYS 1110: General Physics 1
some shitty chemistry class.

{AP Credits: Calc 1 & 2, Intro to Programming }
August 24, 2004, 2:42 AM
Eibro
Introduction to the German Language
German Civilization and Culture
General Chemistry I
General Chemistry II
Calculus I
Calculus II
English Literature
Intro to Computer Science I
Intro to Computer Science II
August 24, 2004, 3:13 AM
LW-Falcon
English 2 PreAP
Geometry PreAP
Biology PreAP
History PreAP
Computer science
Spanish 3
August 24, 2004, 4:26 AM
Newby
Algebra II Honors
Geography 1 Honors
English 1 Honors
P.E.
Spanish 3C
Biology 1C
August 24, 2004, 4:35 AM
Sargera
Weight Training/PE (football requirement)
Spanish II
CP Biology
Algebra II
Honors English II
AP European History
(after school, football practice 3-6)
August 24, 2004, 2:05 PM
Yoni
I'm not taking any classes this semester, won't be able to finish them due to recruitment.

Taken so far:

(Stupid course) Introduction to CS
(Neat courses) ASM, Digital Systems
(Awesome courses) Infi 1, 2 (best of the list), 3
(Great courses) Linear Algebra 1, 2
(Cool course, but not tested on it yet) Ordinary Differential Equations

Around 30-35% of a degree completed by recruitment time. I will skip a semester or two and then get authorized to resume studying.
August 24, 2004, 8:46 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Computing
Media Studies
Electronics
Law
August 24, 2004, 9:22 PM
Eli_1
Pre-Cal
Psychology I
Physics I
American History
English III

My school doesn't offer CS. :'(

August 24, 2004, 10:46 PM
Newby
[quote author=Eli_1 link=board=2;threadid=8344;start=0#msg77213 date=1093387586]
My school doesn't offer CS. :'(
[/quote]
My school does.

Web Site Design 1

And other gay courses on how to operate a computer. :|
August 24, 2004, 10:55 PM
hismajesty
Pre-IB Algebra II/Trig (again because I suck and didn't do my work but did well on the state wide standardized test, boo)
Pre-IB English
Pre-IB French III
Pre-IB Chemistry
Pre-IB World History (I didn't do well enough in AP Government to get to AP Euro :()
Physical Education
AP Computer Science (I think - they said it may pose a schedule conflict and they'll get back to me :\)
August 24, 2004, 11:15 PM
Stealth
(fun, light 1st hour class) Astronomy
(that goddamned 1/4 credit of PE I need to fulfill my graduation requirement) Racquet Sports, semester 1 only
(excellent class, especially this year) American Politics, semester 1 only
(I need to take a physics class before college) General Physics
English 12 AP
Algebra 3A
Psychology (might get dropped) / AP Psychology

Second semester, I will be taking CS 354: Machine Organization and Programming at the University of Wisconsin through their Youth Options program as well. :)
August 25, 2004, 1:23 AM
Sargera
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=2;threadid=8344;start=0#msg77216 date=1093389310]
Pre-IB World History (I didn't do well enough in AP Government to get to AP Euro :()
[/quote]

At our school they offer the AP European History course after you complete the Introduction to AP psychology/geogrophy/anthropology course.
August 25, 2004, 1:39 AM
j0k3r
Grade12 English
Grade12 Computer Science
Grade12 Computer Engineering
Grade12 Calculus
Grade12 Discrete
Grade12 Chemistry
Grade12 Physics or Data Management
Grade10 Food And Nutrition (need a social science, might as well be something I'm interested in even if it's with a bunch of kids)

I failed grade 11 physics by 4% (generally the teacher passes you if you get 45%, but this teacher was a dumbass, not only could she not teach, she could barely speak english), so I'll ask the principal if I can take grade12 physics anyways, and if she says no then Data Management is my next choice (deals with probability and organizing data, good course). I plan on going into database developement/administration, physics is only needed if I were to do some engineering (which wouldn't be bad to have, I think I can take physics in university anyways).
August 25, 2004, 1:47 AM
Myndfyr
I feel old having seen so many high school schedules... :(
August 25, 2004, 2:17 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Sargera link=board=2;threadid=8344;start=0#msg77231 date=1093397955]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=2;threadid=8344;start=0#msg77216 date=1093389310]
[/quote]

At our school they offer the AP European History course after you complete the Introduction to AP psychology/geogrophy/anthropology course.
[/quote]

I'm not even sure non-IB students can take AP Euro, but eh? I do know that Government is a senior class originally, but I took it as a freshmen. I'm blind to most of the workings of class tiers, but I don't think you can take AP Euro without Government at my school. *shrug*
August 25, 2004, 2:22 AM
peofeoknight
my last year in hs, I am taking easy classes (except for one).

Computer applications (how to type word documents ;D)
study hall
Ap Statistics (easy as crap)
Ap Physics (not too hard, but a lot of home work, we have this class daily)
Ap English Lit
Debate
Weight Training
Ap Physics

Thats how my schedule is. Mainly basket weaving stuff. I have one actual work class a day and that is physics.

Ib kids can take ap classes, plenty take euro at our school. I am not in the ib program because I thought it would be too much work (lazyness and procrastination define me), but now I know that the ib kids at our school do not work harder, they just work smarter (aka: they are good cheaters). At the end of this year I will have taken 7 ap classes, and 3 of them were mixed ib and ap, where the ib kids just take the ib exam when we take the ap. Some of the classes had ib kids in them when there was no ib exam and they took the ap for it.
August 25, 2004, 3:04 AM
Stealth
I took Computer Apps. That class was a joke. "This is a mouse. This is a keyboard. They're called 'input devices'."

It was a prerequisite to Intro to Programming at the time. :)
August 25, 2004, 6:25 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
Thats what my last class in ICT was.
"3 of these objects are input devices, circle which is not. Mouse, Keyboard, Block of Wood, Scanner."
I got so bored, though it was the only class I came top in.
August 25, 2004, 6:57 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Stealth link=board=2;threadid=8344;start=15#msg77283 date=1093415132]
I took Computer Apps. That class was a joke. "This is a mouse. This is a keyboard. They're called 'input devices'."

It was a prerequisite to Intro to Programming at the time. :)
[/quote] Its fun, I just browse the net the whole class and copy the word docs from the kid next to me. A+
August 25, 2004, 1:36 PM
Zakath
Let's see...this semester, I am taking...

BB1001 - Introduction to Biology
PH1110 - Mechanics
ECE2011 - Intro to Electrical Computer Engineering
CS3431 - Database Systems I
CS4241 - Webware

Getting the petty sciences I need for distribution out of the way. :)
August 25, 2004, 9:13 PM
DrivE
I'm taking AP Calc, AP Economics/American Government, American Foreign Relations, Honors Physics, Contemporary Social Problems, and English 4 Honors (Was accepted to AP, but can't handle the work load.)
August 26, 2004, 12:35 AM

Search