Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | A second Gavel?

AuthorMessageTime
Registered
I recently noticed that users designated by the original ops channel still have flags of 0 after they became an operator. Since the bot i'm making only gives the person a gavel if they have flags of 2, how can i make it so it recognizes that the person is an operator with flags of 0?
August 24, 2004, 12:27 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Registered link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=0#msg77074 date=1093307275]
I recently noticed that users designated by the original ops channel still have flags of 0 after they became an operator. Since the bot i'm making only gives the person a gavel if they have flags of 2, how can i make it so it recognizes that the person is an operator with flags of 0?
[/quote]

They are either not an operator and they have the second bit of the flag unset, or they are an operator and have the second bit of the flags set.

Bear in mind that you can have a channel moderator squelched, also, so:

[code]
If Flags = 2 Then
IsModerator = True
End If
[/code]

is insufficient. You want:

[code]
If (Flags And 2) = 2 Then
IsModerator = True
End If
[/code]
August 24, 2004, 12:50 AM
Registered
Ahh, thanks MyndFyre, i got it now ;D
August 24, 2004, 12:55 AM
hismajesty
This was happening yesterday in my channel. I designated somebody, and he was able to ban people, but appeared without a gavel and flags of 0. When I did /who, it didn't show him in brackets - nor when Newby did /who. However, when zorm did /who it did. Server split?
August 24, 2004, 2:14 PM
The-FooL
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=0#msg77150 date=1093356869]
This was happening yesterday in my channel. I designated somebody, and he was able to ban people, but appeared without a gavel and flags of 0. When I did /who, it didn't show him in brackets - nor when Newby did /who. However, when zorm did /who it did. Server split?
[/quote]

Seems so. I've noticed this too, in several channels.
August 24, 2004, 2:28 PM
JoeTheOdd
nOOb moment: Gavel = Operation's Sledge Hammer of Doom, right?
August 25, 2004, 8:16 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=JoeTheOdd link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=0#msg77316 date=1093464998]
nOOb moment: Gavel = Operation's Sledge Hammer of Doom, right?
[/quote]

Or lightly put, access to ban or kick people from a channel.
August 25, 2004, 8:46 PM
Gangz
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=0#msg77150 date=1093356869]
[/quote]

If anyone used to play when bnet was all 1 big server. Then this is the same thing that happen during a server split. If it is a server split you should be ale to des another person on a diff server. If it happens again give it a try. Bnet may have a new glitch in it too though.
August 25, 2004, 9:54 PM
Eli_1
[quote author=Gangz link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=0#msg77330 date=1093470880]
[/quote]

If anyone used to play when bnet was all 1 big server. Then this is the same thing that happen during a server split. If it is a server split you should be ale to des another person on a diff server. If it happens again give it a try. Bnet may have a new glitch in it too though.
[/quote]

I think you're confused. A "server-split" can't occur if there's only "1 big server."
August 26, 2004, 12:22 AM
Kp
[quote author=Eli_1 link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=0#msg77348 date=1093479771]I think you're confused. A "server-split" can't occur if there's only "1 big server."[/quote]

No, he just isn't explaining himself well. He's referring to the time before we had distinct gateways, when all the servers were (supposedly) linked. I say supposedly due to the server split problems; best server-desync story I have is when I chatted for a while in a public channel, left to eat dinner, came back 2 hours later, and watched myself have that conversation. :P
August 26, 2004, 3:45 AM
Gangz
[quote author=Kp link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=0#msg77367 date=1093491928]
[quote author=Eli_1 link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=0#msg77348 date=1093479771]I think you're confused. A "server-split" can't occur if there's only "1 big server."[/quote]

No, he just isn't explaining himself well. He's referring to the time before we had distinct gateways, when all the servers were (supposedly) linked. I say supposedly due to the server split problems; best server-desync story I have is when I chatted for a while in a public channel, left to eat dinner, came back 2 hours later, and watched myself have that conversation. :P
[/quote]

Thanks KP.. Bnet was 1 big gateway with hella diff servers to connect to. The gateways were linked all stupid like, so 1 person on each server would have ops in whatever channel it was(all non-blizzard channels had ops at this time). Random people could be kicked by someone they could see. there would be like 300 people in the channel but you could only see 40..
August 26, 2004, 9:59 AM
iago
Rirst of all, this topic was poorly named. If I wasn't so bored I wouldn't have even read it because I assumed the answer was "/designate ; /resign".

Anyway, I noticed that to. The flags sent to my client for the secondary is 0x00, but they still have the power to ban. The bot itself, however, is sent the flags update message, because my bot knew it had ops.

It seems to me like a Battle.net bug.
August 26, 2004, 12:19 PM
Myndfyr
Has anyone noticed this with an official client?
August 26, 2004, 6:06 PM
Skeptical
In Clan eF, I was on the offical broodwar client, me and another user (eF-Outlaw) we're designating a shell Zds Bot when it suddenly happend. We moved all the other ops bots to another channel exept one so we could designate it. It wouldnt work for some reason so we tried and tried. Then when done from the current ops holders GUI it said (This User is already a channel operator) So i banned a user with the shelled Zds that didnt appear to have ops, im sure i can recreate this..Afterall it wasnt hard. I asked a few other users to come in the channel that we're not in the channel at the time. They all said that they saw it as an operator, it only seems to not be an operator to the users who are in the channel at the time. I'll try to recrate this then take a ss.
August 26, 2004, 6:20 PM
DaRk-FeAnOr
Interesting happenings
August 26, 2004, 6:25 PM
Skeptical
here it is...
[img]http://skeptikal.net/skep/glitch.jpg[/img]
August 26, 2004, 6:48 PM
ChR0NiC
Except these are all W3 clients which most likely are Shamans....this is definitely not a server split result.
August 26, 2004, 7:35 PM
Skeptical
WaRs.. is a shell Zds, which is actually a WAR2 Client... -.-
August 26, 2004, 7:40 PM
ChR0NiC
Could have been designated. And since it has no gavel, it's possible you did a /me ChRoNiC and just edited the picture :P And it looks like it might be real but obviously there are no time stamps so....there is no telling how long apart these events occured.
August 26, 2004, 7:42 PM
Skeptical
lol, are you dumb, i explained what happend go to the first page and read what i said, in no way does this have to do with not being designated... it WAS designated. but the status flags did NOT change for users that were in the channel at the time. and if you think otherwise, get on broodwar client and come to clan eF.
August 26, 2004, 8:30 PM
LoRd
[/quote]

Yes, it's just a good old-fashioned server split.

[img]http://www.FictionWeLive.com/LoRd/ServerSplit.jpg[/img]
August 26, 2004, 9:43 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[quote author=ChRoNiC link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=15#msg77446 date=1093549374]
Could have been designated. And since it has no gavel, it's possible you did a /me ChRoNiC and just edited the picture :P And it looks like it might be real but obviously there are no time stamps so....there is no telling how long apart these events occured.
[/quote]Emotes on clients are wrapped in less-than/greater-than signs.
These "splits" have been happening for a few days, and are quite easy to force, since they aren't really "splits" per se, but rather a glitch where Battle.Net doesn't send a flags update.
August 26, 2004, 11:35 PM
tA-Kane
It's safe to say I'm confused by reading this thread. ???
August 27, 2004, 8:36 AM
Gangz
You werent on bnet when all channels had ops then probably
August 27, 2004, 9:20 AM
LordNevar
Back in the day there were no seperation of servers, east players could play on west servers and still see everyone on east. Which was a great advantage when public channels had ops, not just op or clan channels. If you timed it just right you could grab ops on one server, and than log a bot on to a different server and grab ops on that sever in channel of your choice, mean while you had ops on other server. When the servers would meet you would have 2 ops. If you were really good at timing it, and knew what you were doing you could fill a channel with 40+ ops, use to be a great way to kill a clan you didn't like. Which is probably why bnet eliminated public channel ops, and seperated the servers.
August 27, 2004, 1:06 PM
Kp
[quote author=LordNevar link=board=17;threadid=8342;start=15#msg77600 date=1093611986]Which is probably why bnet eliminated public channel ops, and seperated the servers.[/quote]

The realms were fissioned off because they couldn't keep the accounts databases synced properly, so people kept overwriting each others' accounts just by acquiring it on a server that was still using an outdated copy of the database.

The private channel operators were ended because people kept attacking the BNCSs to try to knock one offline, so that they could be the first one into the channel when it came back, thereby gaining them control of the channel. Of course, this is not only rude and illegal, but catastrophic when two competing factions both want the same channel and are willing to do this to achieve it. At that point, no matter who comes on first, there's somebody else who will (try to) drop the server again.
August 27, 2004, 2:51 PM
LordNevar
Ugh... Casualties of war :(
August 27, 2004, 3:07 PM
KkBlazekK
I used to play when there weren't gateways... I have never seen any of what you are talking about... I did like public channels could be opable. That was before starcraft had 1.09 right?
August 27, 2004, 11:54 PM
KkBlazekK
lmao... skywing is even more powerful then battle.net wants him to be...
August 28, 2004, 1:50 AM
UserLoser.
Load 2 bots on use-bna-chat06.battle.net. Load another on other server. One on other server designates one on 06, resigns. They will both have ops. Then there's one bot without ops left over. Take the one on other server that just got ops, and designate the one who doesnt, resign. And you will see 3 ops on 06, and 2 on the other server.

If i'm wrong, then just switch 06 with the other server in each spot, did this few minutes ago.

[img]http://www.userloser.net/images/triop.png[/img]
August 28, 2004, 2:00 AM

Search