Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Scanner Troubles

AuthorMessageTime
Matches
I'm having some trouble with my scanner, and of course, right as these troubles start, my install disc escapes, so what I was wondering, is if anyone knows an alternative fix for the problem.

My system is a Dell XP home, and the scanner in question is a Hewlett Packard Scanjet 5100c

I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with it, it was working a few weeks ago, and I don't remember installing anything as of late (thats the worst kind, isnt it? >_<)

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
August 23, 2004, 2:16 AM
crashtestdummy
Wow this is turning into a hardware support forum.
HP support
August 23, 2004, 2:21 AM
Matches
lol been there did that, why do you think I came to these forums? I was hoping for some competent help :)
August 23, 2004, 4:41 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=Matches link=board=2;threadid=8328;start=0#msg77004 date=1093279270]
lol been there did that, why do you think I came to these forums? I was hoping for some competent help :)
[/quote]
Insulting those that try to help you is no way of getting people to help you. Want some competent help? Hire someone to fix it for you.
August 23, 2004, 5:21 PM
Grok
[quote author=Matches link=board=2;threadid=8328;start=0#msg77004 date=1093279270]
[/quote]

To get help, you have to give information. Not a single symptom was described other than your install disc "escaped". Who knows what escaped means? You had it in an install disk jail, your disk shot a guard and made a run for the woods?

If you "lost" the install disk, then the advice given you already was CORRECT. Go to hp.com support and download the files for your software. Uninstall existing drivers and install the ones you download.

Finally, DESCRIBE what you mean by "these troubles", and "the problem". How can anyone help you with the problem without knowing the symptoms? Would you ask a surgeon to operate without him knowing what he's supposed to be fixing? Just start cutting?
August 23, 2004, 5:22 PM
iago
[quote author=Grok link=board=2;threadid=8328;start=0#msg77006 date=1093281765]
[/quote]

To get help, you have to give information. Not a single symptom was described other than your install disc "escaped". Who knows what escaped means? You had it in an install disk jail, your disk shot a guard and made a run for the woods?

If you "lost" the install disk, then the advice given you already was CORRECT. Go to hp.com support and download the files for your software. Uninstall existing drivers and install the ones you download.

Finally, DESCRIBE what you mean by "these troubles", and "the problem". How can anyone help you with the problem without knowing the symptoms? Would you ask a surgeon to operate without him knowing what he's supposed to be fixing? Just start cutting?
[/quote]

I love you.
August 23, 2004, 6:54 PM
Adron
[quote author=Matches link=board=2;threadid=8328;start=0#msg76934 date=1093227418]
I'm having some trouble with my scanner, and of course, right as these troubles start, my install disc escapes, so what I was wondering, is if anyone knows an alternative fix for the problem.

My system is a Dell XP home, and the scanner in question is a Hewlett Packard Scanjet 5100c

I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with it, it was working a few weeks ago, and I don't remember installing anything as of late (thats the worst kind, isnt it? >_<)

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
[/quote]

The only information you have given seems to indicate some vague troubles, caused by your install disc escaping. I suggest that you contact Hewlett Packard about purchasing a new install disc, and then your troubles (desk not looking neat because the disk isn't in it's appropriate spot?) should be gone.
August 23, 2004, 7:10 PM
KoRRuPT
It could be possible that your missing some TWAIN drivers, this happened to my when I installed my scanner.
August 23, 2004, 8:01 PM
Grok
[quote author=Akamas link=board=2;threadid=8328;start=0#msg77032 date=1093291261]
It could be possible that your missing some TWAIN drivers, this happened to my when I installed my scanner.
[/quote]

How do you know that? You don't even know what troubles he is having. It could be the power is not plugged in. It could be a meteor hit the scanner and disintegrated it, scattering debris about the room and letting his install disc ESCAPE. You could guess all days at causes without knowing the symptoms.
August 23, 2004, 8:36 PM
KoRRuPT
Your right I don't know thats why I said " IT COULD BE POSSIBLE ".
August 23, 2004, 8:39 PM
crashtestdummy
[quote author=Grok link=board=2;threadid=8328;start=0#msg77006 date=1093281765]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And that's exactly why I posted the link. It's annoying when someone asks for help and don't even take the time to offer you a starting point to thelp them.
August 24, 2004, 1:44 AM

Search