Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | WAR3: Westfall Server

AuthorMessageTime
Networks
Is it possible to support this yet? It's only a BETA currently but I believe if you update the files at BNLS with those of the westfall's 1.17 update (I think) would it work? I recieve a bad version if I try to connect to the server via BNLS on WAR3. I think it's a WAR3 only server as well.

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about it is a battle.net server for WAR3 / W3XP users only that is currently up for public BETA testing right now.

I'd upload the update files myself for you to use but I am 56k and the update took long enough to download as it is.
August 22, 2004, 9:19 PM
Spht
[quote author=Networks link=board=17;threadid=8320;start=0#msg76871 date=1093209540]
Is it possible to support this yet? It's only a BETA currently but I believe if you update the files at BNLS with those of the westfall's 1.17 update (I think) would it work? I recieve a bad version if I try to connect to the server via BNLS on WAR3. I think it's a WAR3 only server as well.

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about it is a battle.net server for WAR3 / W3XP users only that is currently up for public BETA testing right now.

I'd upload the update files myself for you to use but I am 56k and the update took long enough to download as it is.
[/quote]

Yes it's possible... it's just a different version. One version of SphtBotv3 allows you to connect to the Westfall server if your Warcraft III is set to the correct version.

No, BNLS won't be "updated" to the beta version. Why would we do that? Then you won't be able to connect to Azeroth/Lordaeron/etc. Wait until the beta phase is complete for the patch and it is put on the non-beta servers -- then we'll update.

There are no changes in the 1.17 patch that would affect the performance of a bot anyway. The beta server is used for testing changes made to gameplay.
August 22, 2004, 10:19 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Spht link=board=17;threadid=8320;start=0#msg76891 date=1093213199]
[quote author=Networks link=board=17;threadid=8320;start=0#msg76871 date=1093209540]

[/quote]

Yes it's possible... it's just a different version. One version of SphtBotv3 allows you to connect to the Westfall server if your Warcraft III is set to the correct version.

No, BNLS won't be "updated" to the beta version. Why would we do that? Then you won't be able to connect to Azeroth/Lordaeron/etc. Wait until the beta phase is complete for the patch and it is put on the non-beta servers -- then we'll update.

There are no changes in the 1.17 patch that would affect the performance of a bot anyway. The beta server is used for testing changes made to gameplay.
[/quote]

It was brought up last time, but here is my stance on the issue.

1.) If Yoni and/or Skywing feeled compelled to do such a thing, they could make BNLS product IDs 0x09 and 0x0a for WARCRAFT3_BETA and FROZENTHRONE_BETA, since (IIRC) the actual client isn't used for calculating hashes anyway.
2.) Some people want to be able to have a bot run on a beta server for, say, automatic invitation of users to a clan. Who knows?
August 23, 2004, 12:00 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Just modify a JavaOp to send the 1.17 version byte and get some 1.17 hashes and load that.
August 23, 2004, 5:39 AM
Networks
[quote author=Spht link=board=17;threadid=8320;start=0#msg76891 date=1093213199]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why wouldn't you be able to connect to the other gateways? I connect fine on the client, it's just a update. Please correct if I am wrong.
August 23, 2004, 11:19 PM
Eibro
If they updated BNLS to the beta version, the non-beta version users wouldn't be able to log in.
August 23, 2004, 11:23 PM

Search