Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Connect on Startup

AuthorMessageTime
Yegg
Ok, Im trying to get my bot to connect as soon as the bot is opened, and I also want to be able to check a checkbox to determine if this will happen or not. Can anyone help me with the code I need to enter to make this happen?
August 21, 2004, 10:01 PM
Kp
Yes. Create a button; on exit from the program, save whether the button was checked. On startup, load that setting from registry/disk/wherever, and if it says the button was checked, call your connect method immediately.
August 21, 2004, 10:16 PM
Yegg
Im not sure i really understand that, but is there a way I can make something automatically "run" when I open the bot. I cna figure out the rest on my own.
August 21, 2004, 11:12 PM
Kp
[quote author=Yegg link=board=17;threadid=8289;start=0#msg76634 date=1093129921]Im not sure i really understand that, but is there a way I can make something automatically "run" when I open the bot. I cna figure out the rest on my own.[/quote]

Yes. Put it in the entry point function, which is typically main (Win32 console / Unix), or WinMain (Win32 GUI). Alternate names are needed if you want to get Unicode native parameters.
August 21, 2004, 11:40 PM
LordNevar
Or on Form_Load, just call your connect call and it should start the logon sequence. Or you can do what was previoulsy posted and make a button to call on when you load your bot.
August 22, 2004, 12:22 PM
l2k-Shadow
Supposing that you have Getstuff and WriteStuff functions:

In config form:

[code]
Private Sub SaveButton_Click()
Writestuff "Misc","ConnectOnStartup", YourCheckBoxName
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
YourCheckBoxName = Getstuff("Misc","ConnectOnStartup")
End Sub

'Main Form
Private Sub Form_Load()
If Getstuff("Misc","ConnectOnStartup") = "1" Then
'Connect Coding Goes Here
End if
End Sub
[/code]
:)
August 22, 2004, 8:27 PM

Search