Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Assembly Language (any cpu) | SoftICE and D2

AuthorMessageTime
OnlyMeat
Has anyone else had a problem with using softice with the d2 window active?, for somereason if i do a normal Ctrl + D while in the main d2 window it reboots my system!!.

It works fine for starcraft and everyother program i use but d2 seems to cause it problems, and before you say it;s your video yes i know it must be related to that in some way, i have however already tried the defaults and selecting my specific video driver in the config but still reboots when ever i Ctrl + D :(

I have looked at the options in softice there are some advanced things you can turn off but they dont seem to be related to video, and of course i cant be sure it's the video but i have the feeling it is, partly because most problems iv seen ppl have with it is video driver related.

Any advice in this matter would be appreciated :)

Forgot to mention im using XP SP1 with ATI Radeon 128mb card, 3.06ghz pentium4, 1 gig ram

Update i downloaded the latest drivers for my card and it does'nt reboot now, but it just displays a blue screen instead :/ guess it does'nt like displaying it'self over d2.

Im using SoftICE Driver Suite 3.0 not sure if thats the newest one but it works ok with everything apart from d2.
August 19, 2004, 10:46 AM
Maddox
I've had so many problems with SoftICE. It would crash me and I couldn't use my mouse. You can't paste from SoftICE either. I'd rather use WinDbg and run Diablo II in a window.
August 19, 2004, 11:16 AM
Arta
I can't use softice either. I've found that windbg does everything I need.
August 19, 2004, 2:36 PM
Stwong
Same here. WinDbg all the way! :D

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx
August 19, 2004, 5:35 PM
OnlyMeat
Iv got WinDBG already but would have been nice if i could use softice as i know the commands etc quite well.

Oh well WinDBG it is then :/
August 19, 2004, 9:10 PM
iago
Try running Diablo 2 in a window then using SoftICE. I personally prefer SoftICE over Windbg, if it's possible to use softice.
August 20, 2004, 12:05 AM
Adron
Are you running D2 with 3D-acceleration?
August 20, 2004, 12:09 AM
OnlyMeat
[quote author=Adron link=board=7;threadid=8240;start=0#msg76340 date=1092960589]
Are you running D2 with 3D-acceleration?
[/quote]

Nevermind im using WinDBG now, it's not that much different to softice from trying it out.

Thx for responses anyways.
August 20, 2004, 12:20 AM

Search