Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Diablo II Problem

AuthorMessageTime
MailMan
Just curious if anyone knows what's going wrong - I play D2:LoD for about 10 minutes or so, and then my computer just reboots. It only happens when I'm in a game (or so I think), and gives no errors or anything. It powers down (more like sleep mode, but I cant come out of it), and I have to turn off the power supply to the computer, then reboot it. This happens every time I play Diablo II (and every other blizzard game).
March 26, 2003, 3:10 AM
iago
That could be a lot of things. My friends used to do that because of heat issues and display driver issues.
March 26, 2003, 4:48 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=821;start=0#msg6429 date=1048654136]
Heat issues and display driver issues.
[/quote]
Get a fan and/or upgrade your display drivers. This worked for my dad's PC, it used to do the very same thing.
March 26, 2003, 7:18 AM
Yoni
Back when I was still using a Voodoo Banshit, something similar happened to me. After a few hours/minutes of playing (especially in Act 2 for some reason), the whole system would just freeze, sometimes displaying a lot of "garbage" on the screen while doing this.

Upgrading to a non-sucky video card (namely GeForce 2 MX 200, which while not that great, is much better than the Voodoo Banshit) fixed the problem.
March 26, 2003, 8:59 PM

Search