Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Chat? Binary? Huh?

AuthorMessageTime
Antichrist
Alright, I'm a newbie to bot programming.. actually, I'm pretty much a newbie in THE programming environment. I'd like to ask, when people refeer to "Chat" bot, what's that.. the same goes for "Binary" bot. My theory is a chat bot connects but just logs onto Spawn or w/e and can only be in a public channel, and Binary is multi-client/private channel abled. If I'm anything near the correct definitions, yay! If not, yet again: I'm a newbie. Thanks.
August 17, 2004, 2:06 AM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=Antichrist link=board=17;threadid=8189;start=0#msg75834 date=1092708388]
Alright, I'm a newbie to bot programming.. actually, I'm pretty much a newbie in THE programming environment. I'd like to ask, when people refeer to "Chat" bot, what's that.. the same goes for "Binary" bot. My theory is a chat bot connects but just logs onto Spawn or w/e and can only be in a public channel, and Binary is multi-client/private channel abled. If I'm anything near the correct definitions, yay! If not, yet again: I'm a newbie. Thanks.
[/quote]

Well you are pretty correct, a Chat connection does not require a cd key and is only allowed in public channels, and it connects differently, binary connections require cdkeys and must go through a much more difficult connection process compared to chat. But if you are here to learn don't forget to check out the Battle.net Reference part of the forum :)
August 17, 2004, 2:08 AM
Antichrist
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=8189;start=0#msg75835 date=1092708505]

Well you are pretty correct,
[/quote]

Awesome.

[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=8189;start=0#msg75835 date=1092708505]
But if you are here to learn don't forget to check out the Battle.net Reference part of the forum :)
[/quote]

Thank you, I wasn't aware there was a Battle.net Reference part of the forum. :-[ :D
August 17, 2004, 2:16 AM
ChR0NiC
This will be your best friend also BNETDocs, god bless Arta :-*, also if you are not ready for packets yet I just made an easy connection handler called BNLS Logon Control, it can be found here
August 17, 2004, 2:20 AM
Newby
If they call it a chat bot, then it's most likely a bot that is designed as a chatter bot, and it's most likely a binary connection.

If they say chat connection, it's a connection via plaintext.
August 17, 2004, 2:21 AM
Eli_1
[quote author=Newby link=board=17;threadid=8189;start=0#msg75839 date=1092709317]
If they call it a chat bot, then it's most likely a bot that is designed as a chatter bot, and it's most likely a binary connection.

If they say chat connection, it's a connection via plaintext.
[/quote]

It also depends on how "chat" is capitalized. CHAT usually refers to a chat connection.
August 17, 2004, 2:26 AM
Kp
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=8189;start=0#msg75835 date=1092708505]binary connections require cdkeys[/quote]

Diablo, Diablo Shareware, and Starcraft Shareware are all non-cdkey clients which use the binary interface.
August 17, 2004, 4:10 PM

Search