Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | XviD/AC3 problems.

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
I'm trying to watch a video that has XviD video encoding, and AC3 audio. I've got both codecs installed, and I've tried both Windows Media Player 9 and VLC to play it. Neither worked properly, as the sound and video don't match up. Last time this happened just a new player fixed it, but I don't think it's going to be that simple this time. Any suggestions?
August 15, 2004, 2:14 AM
Adron
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=2;threadid=8163;start=0#msg75533 date=1092536047]
I'm trying to watch a video that has XviD video encoding, and AC3 audio. I've got both codecs installed, and I've tried both Windows Media Player 9 and VLC to play it. Neither worked properly, as the sound and video don't match up. Last time this happened just a new player fixed it, but I don't think it's going to be that simple this time. Any suggestions?
[/quote]

Is the sound and video syncronized OK in the file? It's easy to make a dvd rip that is or goes out of sync between audio and video if you don't do everything right. If the file is bad, you need to get a program where you can adjust the relative timings of audio and video.
August 15, 2004, 11:55 AM
Stwong
I've heard that XviD's utilities have an option somewhere to make audio/video same length. I wouldn't know, since XviD always crashes on me, but...
August 17, 2004, 7:53 PM

Search