Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Changing password..

AuthorMessageTime
inner.
I have no idea why this is not working, i've tried everything i can think of, but it still just stops and does nothing, not ipban me, or nothing. Here is what i have:

[code]Case &H51 ' SID_AUTH_CHECK '

Select Case pbuffer.GetWORD(Mid$(strData, 5, 2))

Case &H0
If Setting.chkbotplug.Value <> vbChecked Then
With pbuffer
.InsertNonNTString "tenb"
.sendPacket &H14
.sendPacket &H2D
End With
End If
If Setting.ChangePass.Value = vbChecked Then
AddChat vbGreen, "Attempting to change password..."
Call ChangePassword(Setting.txtNewPass.Text, Setting.txtpassword.Text, Setting.txtUsername.Text)
Setting.txtNewPass.Text = ""
WriteStuff "Login", "NewPass", ""
Setting.ChangePass.Value = vbUnchecked
WriteStuff "Login", "ChangePass", "0"
End If
If strProduct = "3RAW" Or strProduct = "PX3W" Then
With pbuffer
.InsertNTString strUsername
.InsertNTString strPassword
.sendBNRHSPacket BNRHS_AUTHACCOUNTLOGON
End With
Else
With pbuffer
.sendBNRHSPacket BNRHS_0x3A
End With
End If
AddChat &H808080, "Checking verison and cdkey..."

Case &H31 ' Password Change '
If InStr(strData, Chr(&H1)) Then
AddC vbGreen, "Password change successful!"
With pbuffer
.sendBNRHSPacket BNRHS_0x3A
End With
Else
AddC vbRed, "Password change failed!"
End If

Public Sub ChangePassword(strnewpass As String, strcurrentpass As String, strUsername As String)
Dim strAccountHash As String
Dim Result As Long
Dim outbuf As String
Dim RP As Long
strAccountHash = String(5 * 4, vbNullChar)
Result = X(strAccountHash, strnewpass)
outbuf = String(7 * 4, vbNullChar)
RP = A(outbuf, lngservers, strcurrentpass)

With pbuffer
.InsertNonNTString outbuf
.InsertNonNTString strAccountHash
.sendPacket &H31
End With[/code]
I hope you can figure it out. :/

[color=#8080FF]Added code tags because they're pretty.
- Spht
[/color]
August 14, 2004, 4:36 AM
ChR0NiC
*cough* code tags *cough*

Edit: Also have you tried packet logging? You might notice you are sending an empty value somewhere or a variable has been forgot to be set. Simple stuff like that gets people stuck all the time.
August 14, 2004, 4:42 AM
BaDDBLooD
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=8156;start=0#msg75436 date=1092458548]
*cough* code tags *cough*

Edit: Also have you tried packet logging? You might notice you are sending an empty value somewhere or a variable has been forgot to be set. Simple stuff like that gets people stuck all the time.
[/quote]

You might also want to Debug your code while your logging on, in order to see exactly what is in the strings etc.. that your sending. That Along with packetlogging will surely provide a solution.
August 14, 2004, 7:04 AM
UserLoser.
WTF IS [S]BNLS[/S] BNRHS?
August 14, 2004, 7:25 AM
inner.
Battle.net Remote Hashing Service, and no UserLoser, it's not a proxy off BNLS ;p
August 14, 2004, 1:07 PM
Kp
[quote author=inner. link=board=17;threadid=8156;start=0#msg75463 date=1092488830]Battle.net Remote Hashing Service, and no UserLoser, it's not a proxy off BNLS ;p[/quote]

Oh, so it's only a rip-off of the name and idea. That's a much better solution! However, if you're going to use it to steal user information, you'd have been better off proxying to BNLS, so that when you're accused of theft, you could just admit to being a BNLS proxy and blame it on us (at which point we could point to the thousands upon thousands of unstolen accounts, thereby discrediting you even further :)).
August 14, 2004, 4:08 PM
inner.
I didn't make it.
August 14, 2004, 4:27 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=8156;start=0#msg75450 date=1092467066]
You might also want to Debug your code while your logging on, in order to see exactly what is in the strings etc.. that your sending. That Along with packetlogging will surely provide a solution.
[/quote]

Wow taking my answer and spicing it up, how nice >:(

Also, iNNeR, posting code here and saying WHY DOESN'T THIS WORK is not a very good way of getting help, believe me. You are basically asking us to debug your code and giving us no information.
August 14, 2004, 7:31 PM
BaDDBLooD
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=8156;start=0#msg75489 date=1092511889]
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=8156;start=0#msg75450 date=1092467066]
[/quote]

Wow taking my answer and spicing it up, how nice >:(

Also, iNNeR, posting code here and saying WHY DOESN'T THIS WORK is not a very good way of getting help, believe me. You are basically asking us to debug your code and giving us no information.
[/quote]

Sorry chronic. I sort of Expanded on your answer in a way that might be of more help. I didn't mean to offend you, if i did.
August 14, 2004, 10:15 PM
Zakath
Chronic, don't be so antagonistic. There was nothing wrong with BaDDBLooD's response.
August 15, 2004, 4:02 PM
Eli_1
Show us a hex dump of your bot sending that packet, and show us one of an actual client sending that packet (assuming you actually have the client).
August 15, 2004, 5:39 PM
BaDDBLooD
Also refer to http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com for the format of the change password packets
August 15, 2004, 5:53 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=8156;start=0#msg75612 date=1092592427]
Also refer to http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com for the format of the change password packets
[/quote]

He hasn't responded in a while so either he fixed the problem or this topic no longer interests him. Just my opinion if it's ok with you Zakath.
August 15, 2004, 5:55 PM
inner.
I'm sorry i haven't responded, i got it working, thanks everyone for your support and help.
August 15, 2004, 10:25 PM

Search